bloody ravers

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
127 posts Page 5 of 6
SubStance

My 2 cents-

Raves are cool
Doofs are cool

Production at big rave parties can be amazing. The light and laser installations if done right can totally shift your mind. People seem to spend far to much time picking at other scenes. I look forward to playing at a big rave one day and i appreciate the ravers and shufflers who come out to doofs. Good on them for keeping an openmind. I love watching there dance styles transform, the shuffle looks great after they dump some paper and freak it out a bit..... 09 and 10 Ive seen ravers at doofs feeling the vibe dancing eyes closed while doofers sit in their camps complaining about how the music is too fast or not fast enought , too hard or not hard enough...... blah blah blah

Get out and enjoy what we have.
kayhat

There's no real difference in my mind between a rave and a doof!

They are both essentially parties powered by electronic dance music with flashy lights and trippy shit! And other stuff. Both can be either indoor or outdoor, it doesn't matter.

If you have a problem with different kinds of music, then you suffer from a form of musical racism. You need more plur.

The idea of what a doof or a rave is is something that is constantly changing anyway.

With doofs, We used to have goa trance and hard tech, then psytrance, and now some sort of fusion between dubstep, tech stylings and other forms of trance. Raves have actually been more consistant in holding a bit more continuity then doofs.
infidelthetexan

SubStance wrote :
My 2 cents-

Raves are cool
Doofs are cool

Production at big rave parties can be amazing. The light and laser installations if done right can totally shift your mind. People seem to spend far to much time picking at other scenes. I look forward to playing at a big rave one day and i appreciate the ravers and shufflers who come out to doofs. Good on them for keeping an openmind. I love watching there dance styles transform, the shuffle looks great after they dump some paper and freak it out a bit..... 09 and 10 Ive seen ravers at doofs feeling the vibe dancing eyes closed while doofers sit in their camps complaining about how the music is too fast or not fast enought , too hard or not hard enough...... blah blah blah

Get out and enjoy what we have.

props
noitnemretsim

Satori put the shortest and sweetest spin on this old ass debate.

difference between doofers and ravers ravers dont think they are saving the world.
DECRION DEE

noitnemretsim wrote :
Think of it like this.

Rave pre-dates doof, and I predate alot of you guys. i was raving before doofs were well known. The vibe was the same as doofs now, people were the same basically. Rave went down hill because too many producers were putting on parties for their tunes to be heard, this is when hardstyle was blowing up. The parties slowly became more aggressively themed and then attracted more aggresive people.

rave flyers used to be psychedelic too, how similar it was a lot of you have no idea. Raving starts and ends at the melbourne shuffle for alot of you I'm sure.

So with that in mind, You can see some similartities. Doof is always balancing on that turning point. Nobody owns it, see.

All it takes is one motivated person to change everything.

Nothing is sacred.

lol i should post some pics of old psy-looking rave flyers hahaha classic .
judgefudge101

we all love music. we all love moving to it.
so everyone shut the fuck up and enjoy it.
cant believe trolls are so evident on this forum, woulda thought everyone here would be on the same wavelength. but nope.
it must be the lads. :roll:
Speshe

I'm so glad I got a chance to read this thread.

I go both raving and to doofs..also to indie clubs..at each I have been on the receiving end of a strange look for not quiet following the trend to dance like the other people are on the floor. isn't music about creativity and freedom.. Feel the music and dance how your body wants to respond.. If you like the beat then so be it..who is really to judge on what other people like?
2nd17th

Speshe wrote :
isn't music about creativity and freedom..

the shuffle isnt creative, its generic
DECRION DEE

judgefudge101 wrote :
we all love music. we all love moving to it.
so everyone shut the fuck up and enjoy it.
cant believe trolls are so evident on this forum, woulda thought everyone here would be on the same wavelength. but nope.
it must be the lads. :roll:

err i have a rave video from colossus in 94 and its full of lads so its possible you have it wrong :roll:
Speshe

2nd17th wrote :
Speshe wrote :
isn't music about creativity and freedom..

the shuffle isnt creative, its generic

Generic..go to the early morning dancefloor at a doof..people are robots there..left leg ug, right arm out..left left stomp..right arm in..and that's not one person..it's most..

All people get swayed by the crowds...the first time I saw that i laughed so hard..a few months later when my eyes opened up on dirt dance floor i saw myself dancing in that structured / unstructured way..exact same movements as those around me, maybe a subconscious magnetism or quite possibly maybe not.

In other words people really aren't original..we can pretend to be but we personally didn't invent any particular dance move (if you did - well that's cool) so let people be themselves because generally someone is going to be saying the same thing about you, or at least thinking it...

P.s early morning dancefloor action is my favourite - this is just a newcomer's observations..
Satori

The way people dance at doofs is not about ego (mostly). The shuffle is.
herbsandspices

I was at a club on Tuesday night (giant fibreglass shrooms, aliens painted on walls, UV lighting) and a DJ was playing dark psy. When we arrive she's playing Ocelot and there's this busload of Itallian contiki tour kids 17-21 years old. They all take over the dancefloor, then there's moshing, circle dancing, and at one point whoop-whooping. Then after an hour they disappear as quickly as they arrived. I know that it wasn't, but it was as though I had just seen some sort of flash mob performance art.
kathmandu

Vibrasphere on a train
kayhat

Satori wrote :

Ego is not a dirty word. There's nothing wrong with knowing you're the shit on the dancefloor. :D
DECRION DEE

kayhat wrote :
Satori wrote :

Ego is not a dirty word. There's nothing wrong with knowing you're the shit on the dancefloor. :D

what if your on a podium? heh
Peril

He is.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

Peril wrote :
He is.

microphone in hand :wink:

shame it isn't plugged in :lol:
flurohero

has anyone pointed out the general sameness,i think it would be easy to draw some kind of diagram/chart to prove the point ?

would also ,one not eventually get tired of doing/seeing the exact same thing over and over[though i could admire someone who genuinely didn't]?

a bit of diversity fuels the imagination and feeds the subconscious[if you are into a bit of that].
kayhat

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
Peril wrote :
He is.

I'm wireless, yo :mrgreen:
Peril

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
Peril wrote :
He is.

...Talking loud and saying nothing.
kayhat

Q: Where is the line between saying something and saying nothing?

A: Other people's fallible opinion. ;)

All you seem to be doing is straight up hating. Let the love in!
Peril

*SQUINTZ*
Peril

flurohero wrote :
has anyone pointed out the general sameness,i think it would be easy to draw some kind of diagram/chart to prove the point ?

would also ,one not eventually get tired of doing/seeing the exact same thing over and over[though i could admire someone who genuinely didn't]?

a bit of diversity fuels the imagination and feeds the subconscious[if you are into a bit of that].

I think that if someone can't see that, they've been to too many of the same kind and not to enough of the other.

...or something like that?

;)
kayhat

Based on what you're saying, you seem to think that there is only doofs and raves to choose from!

There's a whole world of music and performers, and all sorts of other art and all sorts of crazy stuff to take an interest in!
Peril

Read the title of the thread, the post that I quoted and the answer that I gave again.

Now go and read this page from what 'DECRION DEE' said just up a bit.

...just tryen to help ya, thats all ;)
127 posts Page 5 of 6