THE MONSTER MASH

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
106 posts Page 1 of 5
Galactic Monkey

KILLAR!!! :dj: :angry: :alien: :killah: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
microbe7

WOW we had fun!
stunning party, i really cant think of a negative aspect that id have changed. THANK YOU GREAT PEOPLE! this party has had an awesome effect on my life and all the slight negative feelings iv had recently have been either obliterated or over-run with the goodness of that party. Thank you again.

the only thing i regret from it is not finding out who played the set that rocked me the hardest, if you can tell me please do so. here is the scenario-

the main stage was being used by a band with about 5 or 6 people playing in a band, doing a stunning job, though it wasn't quite connecting with me the way i like (i was in a head space that wasn't right for it). so i went to the smaller stage closer to the water, down hill to the right, when there i connected instantly to the music of this dude and danced my lil titties off. he was a dark haired guy with a 3.5-4mm septum piercing with a bull ring in it he said he was going to play a set over on the main stage at what i heard as 2 o'clock but I'm not sure coz i was too drunk n not enough tri... lol.

and im also looking for the name of the guy who played wicked hard n tough guitar on the sunday morning at about 2am potentially the same guy, if it is i have a new favorite artist!

any where i can find it also would be awesome!?

if someone could help it would be great.

thank you!
Galactic Monkey

You might be talking about Bill? Maybe? He def played on main stage as part of "Phil and Billy do psy", their were on at 3 intead of scheduled 2 as everyone got pushed back an hour :)

EDIT: And yes, totally agree that the party was absolutely awesome and rocking, no negativity whatsoever and feel revitalized and refreshed after attending :) Thank you to the crew for putting on this kick ass event and setting up a wicked main stage and giving me a chance to play there, I had an awesome time :dj: :angry: :alien: :killah: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
microbe7

THANK YOU SIR!
between your input n another friends its been decided that it was bill. cheers!

would you have any idea where i could find this bill? either personaly or on the net, myspace n face book or any of that kinda shit?

Thank you thank you thank you!
Galactic Monkey

BigSpoon

Ya that was Mr Bill. I think he played for like 4 hours on the chill stage. AND IT WASN'T CHILL, MR BILL!!! :mrgreen:
Was fucking wicked though. Enjoyed it immensely.

And as for the party, WOW! Possibly the best party I've been to. No one thing stood right out, it was just consistently awesome and seemed to have EVERYTHING a party could ever want. So many fun experiences.

Whole thing was brought down a notch at the very end by an immensely fucked up situation just this side of singleton, but everyone that was involved is fine and I can't be thankful enough for that!

Met and re-met some great people and had some excellent times with them! Great to know each and every one of you!
Just a shame that fucking lad cunt turned up! Hope he doesn't bring his friends next time around! :verymad: Some sexy girls in bikinis totally made up for the presence of that one dickhead though! :wink:

I'll probably post some pics and a bit more of a review later, but for now all you need to know is this party was fucking outstanding work from all involved! Thanks friends! :)

xoxoxo chewy

Edit:

mr Bill is indeed on facebook and myspace and stuff
facebook (link might not work) http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=mr+bi ... 068&ref=ss
microbe7

THANK YOU!!
you've made my day!

ill post doofin photos for ya all soon!
Gibson_ewok

Hey thanks heaps :) Yeah that was me. as far as that myspace.com/phillipandbillydopsy set.. you may find it to sound like shit. we haven't updated it in a while. ill get around to it today actually and actually chuck up some tunes we played.
You may find this link a bit more satisfying http://soundcloud.com/mr-bill
And by the way its a 6 mm septum ring thank you :P
Also leaning under that cover thing was a mad pain in the arse !

Thanks again i'm glad you guys enjoyed it :)
Mr.Bill

Have some complimentary unreleased music :-
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pcrwbe - Megaskank clip
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ksm882 - Wizards and warriors
tripn

that was lots of fun. highlight set of the party for me was the breakbeat set by the hefty output boys. i think the project is called meataxe.

thanks again to steveo, jackie and all the others involved.

also, just wondering if anyone who played or packed down the stage managed to find a powerboard with hedonix written on it? we forgot to take it. please pm me if you know its whereabouts.
synthz

I usually get a couple more photos but I seemed to be a little pre occupied this time hahaha. Heres one for you all, upset I didnt get any of the full set up :(

Pete_Paranoid

(Trick or treat?) Trick, huh?

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Monster dash

lol
R.E.G.E.N

Awesome party boys and girls.

It was a pleasurable weekend all round.

Thanks for the good times!

max
aphecks420

wow what an awesome time . music was soooooo good
BigSpoon

Just a few snaps. Didn't take too many photos this time around for some reason!

gelidoartist123

sOMEthing along the lines of :dj:
joshz

:bounce: MUTHAFUNK that was epic ,Kinda disapointed I had to leave so early :cry: still had a fun day , awesome tunes , awesome location ..

and to the people who tent it was that i tripped over I'm sorry :oops:
BigSpoon

Pete_Paranoid wrote :

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Monster dash

lol

This party was all treat mate.
Buzz_BR

FUCKING AWESOME PARTY ! My 1st party in OZ, and what a great start. Amazing people, music and site. I felt like home. Perfect from the beginning to the end. My only question now is: When is the next ? Thanks for everything guys !
Azarias

Dance with the dead in my dreams
Listen to their hallowed screams
The dead have taken my soul
Temptation's lost all control

Simple smiles elude psychotic eyes
Lose all mind control rationale declines
Empty eyes enslave the creations
Of placid faces and lifeless pageants

In the depths of a mind insane
Fantasy and reality are the same
LenOxygenY

Been waiting since Psyfari for this, was worth the wait.
thank you doof crew
:twisted:
Ju-Ju

killa weekend! in lots of ways ... just got back to reality after a gud 5 days in the hot aussi bush . Would luv to show u all my piccys but i left my camera behind right at the end. (pack down crew> if you see my green limux waterproof pls let me know)!

fave sets !! Tristan AMAZING as always. Hedonix! METAAXE hella yea!, MerkabruZZ*
NAte (Soundwave) congrats on showing us that you are now a wikid producer not just a DJ were all so proud! PPl were loving it and the production quality was superb! Pure crispy fat north coast sound..
Sorry i missed you guys Phillip n Billy... zzz

Set times were a bit hectic getting swapped around due to a few band set backs but not to worry.

Thanks to Lloyd n Ann for sharing your wonderful land once agen.
ALL the crew >>Happy Chikens, Noisy gypsie kids. Steve sound dude!
Lee for being so hospitable with his home made GIn,
My door shift buddy Benny,
Chy for his dazzling lights and flooding my creepy cemetary with UV,
Dome-face crew for Canberra,
Steevies amazing new decor surprise,
Jayworld for keeping true to the tribe.
Camp kitchen wenches ! for sustaining our energys..
My darling truck children Phillip, Noobs and Sera Shmaow.
All the artists and Djs that travelled far n entertained us. Sorry if i forgot anyone

Thanks to the river for cooling us down every hour during long hrs of set up/down and playtime in between.

And thanx to all the wonderful punters who got in the spirit and helped make sum cheeky, playful happy vibes

>>>> :trip: <<<<<
Pete_Paranoid

BigSpoon wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Monster dash

lol

This party was all treat mate.

You can copy my artwork, but you will never copy my soul, not even close!

Not that I want to diminish the name of my friend Andy, but Andy tried that and he failed miserably, and he was a far superior technician to you guys!

Fuck with my business and I'll fuck with yours!

(edit: typos/spelling)
Last edited by Pete_Paranoid on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigSpoon

Dear pete,
I don't even know what the fuck you're on about anymore but shut the fuck up will you? You seem like a good dude, so get over it. If you think the doof scene is dead then get the fuck off Australians because this shit is annoying as fuck. If you can get over it and sort out your issues then by all means come back. But seriously, shut. the fuck. up. You didn't go to this party so at the very least, PLEASE keep your shit out of this thread?
Thanks! :D
Psyentific

Killah Weekend dear friends... we had heaps of fun, the music was very nice, weather was on our side and we had amazing weekend. Thanks to everyone who make it hapend and everyone who was there to share the fun.
Buzz_BR

Hey I would like some info about 2 lives I´ve seen there. First, on saturday early in the morning, 2 guys played a song that sounds as "monster mash soundtrack (some vocals singing monster mash or something like this). There was 2 guys wearing viking helmets. Anybody knows who were they ? And, on sunday afternoon, 2 guys played a fantastic live, one of the guys was wearing a t-shirt with "SEX DRUGS and GOATRANCE" stamped. Any idea ???
106 posts Page 1 of 5