THE MONSTER MASH

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
106 posts Page 2 of 5
Ju-Ju

Buzz_BR wrote :
Hey I would like some info about 2 lives I´ve seen there.

There was 2 guys wearing viking helmets. Anybody knows who were they ? And, on sunday afternoon, 2 guys played a fantastic live, one of the guys was wearing a t-shirt with "SEX DRUGS and GOATRANCE" stamped. Any idea ???

Viking dudes > ONDA which i missed due to sleep but ive gathered thru these pics. :mrgreen:
Abuse

Buzz_BR wrote :
2 guys played a fantastic live, one of the guys was wearing a t-shirt with "SEX DRUGS and GOATRANCE" stamped. Any idea ???

HEDONIX
:killah:
D-ANgel and Elliott

:mrgreen: Blissed out after days in da bush**
Many thanks to all involved who created vibes o lush bits -DJS and artists, lighting-Chy, punters, peeps who helped clean up and cover shifts for peeps who couldnt make it, kids on the food tent esp Rose bebe, artists for contributions-Stevy n J, jaxx n others, all our happy chickens who worked tirelessly on packing and cooking, noisemaker and everyone- you know who you are**
>vibes at you <
All the crazy costumes added to the magic maniac vibe that was funking out and the river as always provided a space of playfulness and freshness**
:bounce: See you all at our next gig PSYFARI - that will be another rocking production***

:P :atom:
stellaa

Thanks very much for a beautiful party. Seriously, seriously good times :clap:

Loved everything! But if I had to pick the highlight then definitely Hedonix. Niiiiiiice set guys :mrgreen:

Oh and the river, who doesn't love a nice swim?
synthz

that zion band was quite awesome too :D
Phsiris

definately a killer party. both stages had the best setup and the music was awesome and diverse for most of the three days. loved the bands and the break beats, loved the people and the river to chill out with. Amazing party :)
Cheers to all the looneys that help set up in that crazy heat.
Caitoy

Super massive awesome party! Totally great vibe! Haven't been to one such as this for a while and its super refreshing! Totally inspiring me to kick it out more often! :P

I have a pic of my 4 fav things!

Main stage!

Bills set at the chill - totally blew my mind!

BUBBLES

and chillin in the creek!

Thanks to all who put in the massive amounts of work! I know everyone really appreciates it!
redblackpurple

Consensus around our camp found this party to be a pretty poor effort and sloppy production all round. This party was not a festival or a gathering of the tribes in the way Dragon Dreaming was, it was more like a squat party in bush or a camping trip with music.

The sound was, frankly, crap and painfull. So many people I talked to said this and could not stand to be near that uncomfortable dancefloor. Quite a few people left early. There was no flow to the disjointed music line ups. With the exception of a few brief runs.

Where was the kids area?

What was the go with having no water on site, that's negligance in such heat. If there was not a creek on site to cool people down, the organizers would have been in serious trouble. We had many people come asking at our camp for water.

Toilets? Less said the better.
Many many other issues. Just lack of care in general.

I'm rarely tempted to post here, but I'm so dissapointed and feel all the
above reviews give a one sided view. Most of them seem to by the crew, friends and people who played, I suppose I would have impressed if
it were my first party or I were young and hitting it hard.

Nice site, many good people, could be seen as a decent party, but nowhere near worth the ticket price. Not in the doof spirit at all.
2nd17th

What was the go with having no water on site, that's negligance in such heat.

bring your own water and food, or buy it from the stalls selling it. you dont go into the middle of the bush with no food or water, thats just stupid.

they did a great job, next time bring your mum to look after you.
Galactic Monkey

2nd17th wrote :
What was the go with having no water on site, that's negligance in such heat.

bring your own water and food, or buy it from the stalls selling it. you dont go into the middle of the bush with no food or water, thats just stupid.

they did a great job, next time bring your mum to look after you.

Well said.
2nd17th

re: toilets

i used the bush but they did have all the equipment for building them. I think there was issues with the dozer so a suitable trench couldnt be dug.

I bring my army shovel, a torch and toilet paper to all parties, its much better than chemical toilets.
Gibson_ewok

There was no flow to the disjointed music line ups.

Personally.. (and i know alot of people are not with me on this one) i love disjointed music line ups :)
Hearing the same shit for 48 hours just does my head in. I have to hear a variety of stuff rather then "duggaduggaduggdugga" for 12 hours. Then "boom tis boom tis boom tis boom tis" for the other 12.

But what part of it was disjointed in your opinion ?

Cheers,
Mr.Bill
Vertigo

Awesome Party
Thank you to all involved :D
Here's a little Vid :D
Galactic Monkey

Gibson_ewok wrote :
There was no flow to the disjointed music line ups.

Personally.. (and i know alot of people are not with me on this one) i love disjointed music line ups :)
Hearing the same shit for 48 hours just does my head in. I have to hear a variety of stuff rather then "duggaduggaduggdugga" for 12 hours. Then "boom tis boom tis boom tis boom tis" for the other 12.

But what part of it was disjointed in your opinion ?

Cheers,
Mr.Bill

Hey that is what I thought as well! I was playing a night set and it really is the kind of music that is best played at night but I actually ended up really enjoying playing my night time music into the sunrise this time, was an awesome feeling and I think it brought some needed diversity to what otherwise could have been another formula obeying doof party.
Galactic Monkey

Vertigo wrote :
Awesome Party
Thank you to all involved :D
Here's a little Vid :D

Nice video! I'm really curious as to what that black hole/disc is in the middle of the sun???!!!
timbo82

i passed out saturday arvo but luckily everything was running late so got my dark and heavy fix just as i woke up at sunrise then got to stomp out to the fat breaks all day long. thanks chickens for the chaos. love playing with your sound system always a challenge with a head full of acid.
thanks rosie for the beans, sorry anna for the farts.
BigSpoon

Galactic Monkey wrote :
Nice video! I'm really curious as to what that black hole/disc is in the middle of the sun???!!!

Some cameras (especially video cameras in my experience) just don't like the sun. I believe its the image sensor being unable to handle the amount of light coming from that one spot which is the sun itself.
Galactic Monkey

BigSpoon wrote :
Galactic Monkey wrote :

Some cameras (especially video cameras in my experience) just don't like the sun. I believe its the image sensor being unable to handle the amount of light coming from that one spot which is the sun itself.

Bah, must you ruin my fantasies :)
BigSpoon

redblackpurple wrote :
Consensus around our camp found this party to be a pretty poor effort and sloppy production all round. This party was not a festival or a gathering of the tribes in the way Dragon Dreaming was, it was more like a squat party in bush or a camping trip with music.

The sound was, frankly, crap and painfull. So many people I talked to said this and could not stand to be near that uncomfortable dancefloor. Quite a few people left early. There was no flow to the disjointed music line ups. With the exception of a few brief runs.

Where was the kids area?

What was the go with having no water on site, that's negligance in such heat. If there was not a creek on site to cool people down, the organizers would have been in serious trouble. We had many people come asking at our camp for water.

Toilets? Less said the better.
Many many other issues. Just lack of care in general.

I'm rarely tempted to post here, but I'm so dissapointed and feel all the
above reviews give a one sided view. Most of them seem to by the crew, friends and people who played, I suppose I would have impressed if
it were my first party or I were young and hitting it hard.

Nice site, many good people, could be seen as a decent party, but nowhere near worth the ticket price. Not in the doof spirit at all.

Have you ever doofed prior to dragon dreaming? What the fuck.

Dragon Dreaming is the joint efforts of far more crews and people than that of the chickens and the noisemakers.

You ALWAYS bring your own water. On top of alcohol (which dehydrates you, but is still fluid intake) I take 15 liters for 2 people plus about 4 water bottles full. MORE when the weather is hot. It is everyone's own responsibility to stay hydrated. If you don't realise that then you shouldn't leave your house. Everyone was actually even told to bring water. You do this at EVERY doof. If the organisers can provide some water then that's a bonus, but in this case, the organisers drove some 300km to the site. Bit hard to bring 1000 liters of water along for the ride. Their was however, bottled water available at the food stall anyway. Chickens can not be blamed for people being idiots and not following the given instructions.

The sound was excellent. If you don't like it loud you bring ear plugs. COMMON SENSE. Dragon Dreaming's system was quiet due to noise restrictions and didn't actually sound as good as the system at Monster Mash anyway. Louder doesn't mean it sounds worse. louder means its louder.
I'd be interested to hear you describe how exactly it sounded worse than dragon dreaming.

Bring a shovel. You're in the bush. Simple as that.
Fuck all doofs have toilets. Get used to it.

As for the kids area, I'm not sure what happened to it.

In conclusion, be prepared. You can not blame the promoters for the short comings of you or other people. I'm not sure how many doofs you've been to but I think your post was extremely inconsiderate and i feel it was typed out of ignorance. Anyone who's doofed more than a handful of times knows to be prepared with water, ear plugs if desired, and a god damn shovel. Twit.
~Wicked Angel~

I got there friday night and was camped pretty far from the dancefloor and didnt really feel like dancing till the music changed and spoke to me and when i went down there it was abuse playing :bounce: :killah:

Wasnt real enthused with saturday day time music and i dont like to be negative so thats all i'll say about that and slept most of saturday night cos was gearing up for sunday daytime where i had a big boogie :D I liked Steve and Robs set (are they Hedonix? I have been out of the doof scene wayyyyyyyyyy too long obviously having to ask that question) and also hefty outputs set was cool (havnt seen them in ages!) and the guy before them (i think?) he had dark hair.... hmmm yeh i'm great with descriptions! hahaha and there was a dark haired girl that played in the morning aswell and the a blond guy joined her... maybe? i wasnt exactly sober so you'll have to excuse me :oops: but thats who i mainly danced to!

i think the dancefloor could have done with more shade, it was really really hot dancing in the sun and trying to squeeze into the small shadows on the dancefloor but it was tops having a creek to swim in and i had a really great time all round... cheers for the smiles and the sore muscles :D :bounce:
timbo82

i think the difference between dragon dreaming and monster mash is that dragon dreaming is a festival with noise restrictions, rules, shops, and activities to occupy your time with. im not one for these things but that is why i complained about dragon dreaming but that was my own fault for not realising the parties aim. monster mash is a doof where your responsible for yourself like having a fire bringing water looking after your kids but on the flip side there is constant music for the three days and played as loud as possible and probably even last minute set changes. obviously this isn't for everyone but for me this exciting and why i find myself at doofs of all shapes and sizes wicked ones to dodgey ones slapped together on the day and not going to festivals. either way anyone that puts a party on deserves praise and if you have constructive criticism any good organiser should be happy to take your ideas or help on next time.
p.s i still love all you canbroids
BigSpoon

What we need is a dragon mashing festival
Ju-Ju

In response to where was the kids area? We planned the dome for that. (Between the shop village and the cemetary)
We had a bunch things for them to play with, Stuffed toys, dress ups, bubble blowers, paints and colour books mask craft sets. mushroom seats etc that were placed inside the dome.

I do apologise this wasnt run better. We needed to allocate someone to round the kids up and supervise sum fun and I agree this did not happen, I guess we ran short of human resources for this one, our apologies to the kids and parents. But by the looks all the kids were having a blast anyways. :bounce:
Phsiris

the mixed music was awesome, i even enjoyed when the music stopped for a small period of time while setting up the bands. Gives people a bit of an oportunity to just chill and play twister :P
the electro on saturday was horrible though, but thats okay. im sure some people were loving it.
mixed styles of music at parties is the best.
Pete_Paranoid

timbo82 wrote :
i think the difference between dragon dreaming and monster mash is that dragon dreaming is a festival with noise restrictions, rules, shops, and activities to occupy your time with. im not one for these things but that is why i complained about dragon dreaming but that was my own fault for not realising the parties aim. monster mash is a doof where your responsible for yourself like having a fire bringing water looking after your kids but on the flip side there is constant music for the three days and played as loud as possible and probably even last minute set changes. obviously this isn't for everyone but for me this exciting and why i find myself at doofs of all shapes and sizes wicked ones to dodgey ones slapped together on the day and not going to festivals. either way anyone that puts a party on deserves praise and if you have constructive criticism any good organiser should be happy to take your ideas or help on next time.
p.s i still love all you canbroids

This comment makes my blood boil!
I have a cert III in Tech Production, and have attempted a assoc dip of technical production, which has modules in production management and event management. I have been going to doofs for over ten years and production for about seven years.
Secret Weapon who did the sound for Dragon Dreaming has been doing doofs even longer than me and I assume he helped at this event as his girlfriend was the VJ!
For what it’s worth, both Secret Weapon and I have jobs in the mainstream entertainment industry!
Your comment shows how ignorant you are to sound dynamics, production management, event management, and how firmly your head is wedged up your arse! But don’t worry REGEN are just as ignorant to human frailties and instead will make me the scapegoat for any accidents!
They say I’m stressed out!
Ten years ago I started doofing to get away for anally retentive arseholes like you!
Do you guys even know what Halloween is about or is it just monsters?
Whilst Secret Weapon and I have our arguments, he has stuck by me through thick and thin, and I love him like a brother!
106 posts Page 2 of 5