THE MONSTER MASH

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
106 posts Page 3 of 5
rollyz

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
timbo82 wrote :
i think the difference between dragon dreaming and monster mash is that dragon dreaming is a festival with noise restrictions, rules, shops, and activities to occupy your time with. im not one for these things but that is why i complained about dragon dreaming but that was my own fault for not realising the parties aim. monster mash is a doof where your responsible for yourself like having a fire bringing water looking after your kids but on the flip side there is constant music for the three days and played as loud as possible and probably even last minute set changes. obviously this isn't for everyone but for me this exciting and why i find myself at doofs of all shapes and sizes wicked ones to dodgey ones slapped together on the day and not going to festivals. either way anyone that puts a party on deserves praise and if you have constructive criticism any good organiser should be happy to take your ideas or help on next time.
p.s i still love all you canbroids

This comment makes my blood boil!
I have a cert III in Tech Production, and have attempted a assoc dip of technical production, which has modules in production management and event management. I have been going to doofs for over ten years and production for about seven years.
Secret Weapon who did the sound for Dragon Dreaming has been doing doofs even longer than me and I assume he helped at this event as his girlfriend was the VJ!
For what it’s worth, both Secret Weapon and I have jobs in the mainstream entertainment industry!
Your comment shows how ignorant you are to sound dynamics, production management, event management, and how firmly your head is wedged up your arse! But don’t worry REGEN are just as ignorant to human frailties and instead will make me the scapegoat for any accidents!
They say I’m stressed out!
Ten years ago I started doofing to get away for anally retentive arseholes like you!
Do you guys even know what Halloween is about or is it just monsters?
Whilst Secret Weapon and I have our arguments, he has stuck by me through thick and thin, and I love him like a brother!

I can't see a problem with Timbos comment. He is just pointing out that different parties are different. And I find that quite cool, otherwise if all parties were the same they would be boring.
STEVONOISEMAKER

WOW! What an adventure!

A weekend filled with fun in the sun:)

A few things did go haywire, with set times all higgledy piggledy, speakers for all the subs arriving only Thursday night and needing installing (only to find they didn’t fit In the boxes!), kids area unfinished, toilets not quite complete, and things like me leaving the wristbands at home, and someone going swimming with a walkie talkie, hehe, there were many things that didn’t go to plan, but in the end it all seemed to work out, and a damn fine time was had indeed:)

The music (apart from one uber ghey electro set, hehe I’m with you phil) was quite nice I reckon. there did seem to be a few people who struggled to cope with the alternative music on sat during the day. Hehe some even gathering around their car stereos to get their fix of 4/4 beats, but hell, the atmosphere on the dancefloor, especially during the bands’ sets was amazing!! Pure magic! And we did warn you we were planning something different, and with a bit more variety.

It was planned to be back into prog and psy a fair bit earlier than it happened, but yeah, delays delays, and onsidering it was the first time the crew had set up for bands, I think they did a farking good job!

On top of the people listed in the thanks above, I’d like to add a special thanks to ben p, who saved the day a number of times as first aid man extraordinaire, everyone who helped on the gate, food stall, etc etc, the Turkish soldiers who stuck around and helped with clean up on Tuesday, and of course everyone who played, and everyone who came.

The crowd was close to perfect in my eyes. Everyone there for the right reasons, well behaved, and full of smiles.

A sh1tload of work went into this party. chickens arrived on site on Tuesday, we got there wed, and while a few things didn’t quite get there, most things did work out, and considering this was only our 3rd party as a massive, I think everyone did pretty bloody well.

The final packing down was indeed a bit rough, the heat especially, ouch! It was above 40 degrees apparently, hehe and then just when we thought we were home free, one of the tyres on a trailer exploded on the way out. Hehe lucky there was a spare that (kinda) fit.

We have lots to work on for future parties, streamline things a bit and just making everything fit together nicely and prioritising stuff, but we’ll get there.

But yeah, for anyone who felt they didn’t get the “festival” experience they expected, I do apologise, but I’m pretty sure no one said this was a festival.
A camping trip with music? Yes.
A doof? Well you could say that.
I'd like to think of it as a Mash :)

High point for me was probably the chill stage at some random point on sat night with like 9 people jamming along playing dub n reggae, and low point, I think was when I stepped on 5 of those devil horn bindi things at once. Yowsers!

A huge mega thanks to Mr. Lloyd for having us, and also for working as hard as he did, a real trooper. A trip back out there soon to tidy the place up properly is definitely in the works, the parties there this year have definitely taken a toll…

Woah, essay over.

Now the question remains… who had the best costume?

Must say I was probably most impressed by the robot man!
redblackpurple

edit/ the above post came in while I was slowly typing mine, thanks heaps for recognizing the issues with your party and not insulting those who recognized them. A levelheaded approach like that from the start would have been nice. Good work mate, I hope you continue to learn and develop, best of luck with future parties...

---- in response to previous replies to my review.

Thanks for your feedback on my issues re this party.  I'm sure no-one else will be tempted to post a negative review given the less than polite and considered response mine received.  Flowery praise will continue to flow in from the crew and friends and anyone thinking differently will keep quiet.  It is dangerous to  assume negative feedback could  only be a result of others wrong doings & that you are infallible. (eg how on earth could you honestly beleive the sound was excellent?)

I've been attending parties for 9-10 years, why is that relevant?  Thanks for the doof 101 lesson, not really needed, but a refresher is always good.  You could have shared that info amongst your guests.  

I mentioned Dragon Dreaming as a recent example of a well run party worth the ticket price and true to the doof spirit.  I could have just as easily randomly said the first Summer Dreaming or Exodus '05 or a REGEN party for that matter.

Sound - if you think volume was the issue, you have more problems than I thought. Sound has a lot more variables than volume and it is very ignorant to assume a complaint about the sound quality is referring to volume.   It was not particularly loud at this party at all., I was referring to the sound quality, which was, as I said crap and painful.  I do not know what the exact problem was, but the system was clearly damaged on Friday night and got progressively worse.  Seems that it was compensated for by increasing the high ends, which resulted in a piercing whine intermittently coming out of the system for the rest of the event, this was just one of the issues.  There was no clarity or depth to the sound, I do not know the reasons. Judging by the amount of empty driver boxes strewn around for people to fall over I'll made an educated guess that the problems originate there.  

Water - did I say we did not have enough? No. I said we encountered people asking where the water was and others asking for some. A number said they had been told there would have been water on site.  

Kids area - thanks  for the polite explanation,  that makes sense, things like that happen. Maybe next time, a little sign would take care of it and the area could have been self run. Not to worry.   Either way, thanks I appreciate your response.

Most of my criticisms come from the high ticket price of this party, the hype and the biased reviews which  do not  reflect the word on the street. I would have stayed quiet if not for these things.  Seems the crew is trying to run before it can walk, while I do appreciate the work, they have a long way to go.

That's it for me, I'm going back to lurking.
Galactic Monkey

redblackpurple wrote :
edit/ the above post came in while I was slowly typing mine, thanks heaps for recognizing the issues with your party and not insulting those who recognized them. A levelheaded approach like that from the start would have been nice. Good work mate, I hope you continue to learn and develop, best of luck with future parties...

Thanks for your feedback on my issues re this party.  I'm sure no-one else will be tempted to post a negative review given the less than polite and considered response mine received.  Flowery praise will continue to flow in from the crew and friends and anyone thinking differently will keep quiet.  It is dangerous to  assume negative feedback could  only be a result of others wrong doings & that you are infallible. (eg how on earth could you honestly beleive the sound was excellent?)

I've been attending parties for 9-10 years, why is that relevant?  Thanks for the doof 101 lesson, not really needed, but a refresher is always good.  You could have shared that info amongst your guests.  

I mentioned Dragon Dreaming as a recent example of a well run party worth the ticket price and true to the doof spirit.  I could have just as easily randomly said the first Summer Dreaming or Exodus '05 or a REGEN party for that matter.

Sound - if you think volume was the issue, you have more problems than I thought. Sound has a lot more variables than volume and it is very ignorant to assume a complaint about the sound quality is referring to volume.   It was not particularly loud at this party at all., I was referring to the sound quality, which was, as I said crap and painful.  I do not know what the exact problem was, but the system was clearly damaged on Friday night and got progressively worse.  Seems that it was compensated for by increasing the high ends, which resulted in a piercing whine intermittently coming out of the system for the rest of the event, this was just one of the issues.  There was no clarity or depth to the sound, I do not know the reasons. Judging by the amount of empty driver boxes strewn around for people to fall over I'll made an educated guess that the problems originate there.  

Water - did I say we did not have enough? No. I said we encountered people asking where the water was and others asking for some. A number said they had been told there would have been water on site.  

Kids area - thanks  for the polite explanation,  that makes sense, things like that happen. Maybe next time, a little sign would take care of it and the area could have been self run. Not to worry.   Either way, thanks I appreciate your response.

Most of my criticisms come from the high ticket price of this party, the hype and the biased reviews which  do not  reflect the word on the street. I would have stayed quiet if not for these things.  Seems the crew is trying to run before it can walk, while I do appreciate the work, they have a long way to go.

Hey it was not so much what you said but how you said it that resulted in the feedback that you got. There is criticism and then there is constructive criticism and the former is usually not received so well and for a reason too. Your post just seemed like a really bitchy one, just being honest as to how it sounded to me at least (and I think others will agree too). There was not one word of praise in your post for the hard work that the organisers put in to this party, and in addition to that some of your comments were downright silly (ie, not having water there, you are supposed to bring your own and water was actually available for those that needed it so I am not sure where that comment came from at all). Kids area was also organised, albeit may be not to your standards but regardless of the fact it was there and everyone including kids seemed to be having a damn good time.

Had you worded yourself differently and with more of an intent to improve rather than criticize, I am sure you would have had a very different reception here.
STEVONOISEMAKER

redblackpurple wrote :
 Seems the crew is trying to run before it can walk, while I do appreciate the work, they have a long way to go.

Hmmmm, running before walking hehe.
Well to an extent, I guess this is true, but I think being overambitious is something that will result in growth and progress:)
And this is also a good way to work out gaps that need filling.

Signage indeed needed to be improved on. Kinda ironic people were fretting about water, when there was a huge rainwater tank on top of the shed, which holds thousands of litres. A big WATER sign definitely would have helped:p

As for the sound, not my area to comment, but could have been far far worse, especially considering 4 X 18” subs blew on Friday night, hehe friggin lucky there was some spares. I can’t comment on the tuning of the system, a combination of factors would have led to it not always being the greatest I suppose. Judging by the interest the chickens received though, people wanting to book the system etc, it can’t have been all that bad. And again, yeah 2nd time that system has been used, so it will only get better and better.

I think the cost is the only issue I disagree on, and that may be a sign that you have missed a bunch of parties in recent times which charged similar amounts for single night adventures.
Intake pretty much just covered costs on this one, and personally I can’t remember the last time there was a 3 day party that cost less… but anyway…

We are very open to criticism and suggestions. The planning stages for our next few parties has begun, so if anyone does have helpful feedback, do let us know :)
Cucho

Galactic Monkey wrote :
redblackpurple wrote :

Hey it was not so much what you said but how you said it that resulted in the feedback that you got. There is criticism and then there is constructive criticism and the former is usually not received so well and for a reason too. Your post just seemed like a really bitchy one, just being honest as to how it sounded to me at least (and I think others will agree too). There was not one word of praise in your post for the hard work that the organisers put in to this party, and in addition to that some of your comments were downright silly (ie, not having water there, you are supposed to bring your own and water was actually available for those that needed it so I am not sure where that comment came from at all). Kids area was also organised, albeit may be not to your standards but regardless of the fact it was there and everyone including kids seemed to be having a damn good time.

Had you worded yourself differently and with more of an intent to improve rather than criticize, I am sure you would have had a very different reception here.

rubbish...stating your opinion is not bitchy, you people are way too precious. lucky ppl like stevo are open to hear different opinions otherwise how do they improve?
Galactic Monkey

Cucho wrote :
Galactic Monkey wrote :
redblackpurple wrote :

rubbish...stating your opinion is not bitchy, you people are way too precious. lucky ppl like stevo are open to hear different opinions otherwise how do they improve?

Heh no it's cool, I'm just expressing my opinion too :)
spangk

:lol: :mrgreen:

...i had a fabulaous time all round. Great swims, fun dances and many good chats. Thanks for organising an outdoor event noisemaker chicken peops... looking forward to catching up with you oddities again :mrgreen:

yay ponies :bounce:
VJ DAMAGE

Pete_Paranoid wrote :

Secret Weapon who did the sound for Dragon Dreaming has been doing doofs even longer than me and I assume he helped at this event as his girlfriend was the VJ!

Nawh, neither I nor the Secret Weapon had anything to do with production at Monster Mash. We just did our stall. Sasha offered to help out with the sound, as he does, but wasn't called on.
timbo82

good one pete you fuck wit. are you going to review all the parties you don't go too. from deciphering all your bullshit ive come to the conclusion all you care about is money, probably why i have never seen you at a doof that you don't do the lighting at. your not a doofer just a wanker.
VJ DAMAGE

^ I do not agree. I've seen Pete pour his heart and soul into so many parties. I do not know what the issue is, but I'm sure its not money. But these comments do not belong in this thread.

Thanks to everyone involved with Monster Mash, there were a few issues, but everyone seemed to have a good time. And thanks heaps for letting us have our stall.

Stevo - I agree, lets get up to the site and do a big clean up. I'll volunteer.
Buzz_BR

Rosey

Hey guys, dont often post but always read.

I had an awesome party!

Nah dont have 10 years experience doofin, prob even less than 2, but I have been chatting with people and loving it, and dancing my arse off, and hanging out and walking through and loving the bush for the best part of 45 fucking years. I am not a fad driven, keep up with the joneses, elitist, pretend bush person, I dont even look the part by those standards. I just love a simple good time and appreciate the opportunity to get outside and get fair dinkum dirty stompin up the dust.I got to do all of these great things at mash, I recon there were way too many good things in my experience at mash to get hung up on a winge. I have my bits here and there that I recon could have been better done but for all the awesome shit I got to do on the weekend I am more than happy.

I am a picky little shit too when it comes to sound, when I feel like dancing I want it to sound good. I danced my arse off on sunday for literally hours and in total absence of mood altering substances for the whole weekend (to make me perhaps like something that was shit) I was completely and utterly satisfied.

You know it takes more than a bit of underarm growth to be a hippy, it comes from your heart. All the negative and I say absolute bitchiness that I have seen on here is rubbish. Pull your head out of your arses those who are bitching. There is a difference between constructive critisism and bitchiness as has previously been said.

Thankyou to everyone who I danced with, laughed with, chatted with, ate with and farted with for a great weekend.

Rose
Rosey

.................and timbo.....you are welcome re the bean nachos.........and anna...........kinda half sorry about that......but actually my plan had worked.........ya ha ha haha!!

xx
MeowTron

VJ DAMAGE wrote :
Stevo - I agree, lets get up to the site and do a big clean up. I'll volunteer.

ditto i would volunteer also the biggest thing that pissed me off about this party was the amount of rubbish left behind. what a farking joke. there is absolutely no excuse leaving the bush like that shame shame shame to anyone who left rubbish lying around. such bad form.

this party was a fair effort and a step up from their last one and there is always room for improvement.. no matter what you are doing

the sound was the best one could achieve with a rig like that. i'm not a fan i think it's got absolutely nothing on other sound systems previously mentioned.

but that said it's their system it's what they've got to work with it allows them to doof and thats great.

just to clear a few things up about the mention of dragon dreaming here.

dragon dreaming 09 HAD sound restrictions at night dragon dreaming 2010 is a completely different dragon altogether in more ways than one.
Experience Hamparty

Im no expert on sound, though I spend a lot of time with audioholics. I found the top end on the dance floor to be ear piercing at times as well but wasnt sure if it was me or what. I think the reason for this was the way it was setup. Those arrays were pointing slightly downward onto the dance floor so that people there copped it. However, beyond this point and the further away you went the less harsh it became but there was less detail. The sound tent was aaaaaages away and I don't think thats an ideal place to put a sound tent as there was a massive difference in character at that distance. The reason for this is that you cant tweak sound for such a large area when it changes so much with distance. Perhaps they were tweaking according to what was being heard at that distance, resulting in the top end being dialled in incorrectly for the immediate space on the dancefloor. Anyway, its an awesome system, for detail and stereo imaging it is amazing. It really has the potential to put you in another world where you forget that its coming from speakers. Just need to get it set up better.
Last edited by Experience Hamparty on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrbadgerman

Experience Hamparty wrote :
Im no expert on sound, though I spend a lot of time with audioholics. I found the top end on the dance floor to be ear piercing at times as well but wasnt sure if it was me or what. I think the reason for this was the way it was setup. Those arrays were pointing slightly downward onto the dance floor so that people their copped it. However, Beyond this point and the further away you went the less harsh it became but there was less detail. The sound tent was aaaaaages away and I don't think thats an ideal place to pput a sound tent as there was a massive difference in character at that distance. The reason for this is that you cant tweak sound for such a large area when it changes so much with distance. Perhaps they were tweaking according to what was being heard at that distance, resulting in the top end being dialled in incorrectly for the immediate space on the dancefloor. Anyway, its an awesome system, for detail and stereo imaging it is amazing. It really has the potential to put you in another world where you forget that its coming from speakers. Just need to get it set up better.

h h h hefty :dj:

The only problem with the sound i merely think was the fact is was on an uphill angle. Those top boxes are designed to be projecting high frequencies over the top of your head, so in this when you stood a bit up the hill it was projection right at your head level= ear pierce. But that aside it is a really solid system and i disagree with the person saying "it's not got what other rigs do, but it's all they have." There is some really good gear there in speakers, its problem in hardware letting the sound down a bit. They will sort it out though, because thats what a happy chicken does :dj: :mrgreen:
Last edited by mrbadgerman on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zentient

Well I for one had a great time! I thought the lightshow at the main stage was fantastic, and it was awesome seeing so many peeps dressed up in all their spooky finery.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing at the chill stage on Saturday night with Qbensis... and also had fun stealing the decks again (renegade style) on Sunday night.

My highlight music-wise would probably be the dude that played before Tristan Boyle - who was that?? - followed by Hedonix. Alex and Meow also put on some excellently tripped-out tunes on Sunday evening: yay for the Smurfs themesong!

Fun fun fun - thanks to all involved :)

Odette xxx
Phsiris

the way the sound projected up the hill was amazing. made for an awesome atmosphere sunday afternoon chilling out at mates camps. the system rocks, just needs people to watch over it for the party and make sure it doesnt go all whacked.
shtonkalot

First up a big thanks to chickens and all others involved in the party, I had a blast.
There is something special going on when you find yourself in the middle of the bush dressed in full costume riding a stuffed unicorn to the sound of some awesome beats. Ahhh, Doof I love thee.

Something I'd like to clarified by the chickens or others in the know: Was there an issue with people having fires at the site?
I ask as someone came to our camp after doofers went collecting wood for over an hour and told them not to light a fire. The person in question didn't simply tell them though he came up with a real attitude and was telling them the idea of having a fire was just stupid and speaking down to them in a very negative manner. Later on more campers arrived at our camp and started the fire up. Fire Nazi was quick to the scene to stomp around yelling "Put the fire out now! grab some water or whatever and put it out!" when no one jumped up and did what he said he grabbed some water from our camp himself and put it out.
I tried to reason with him afterwards and questioned why we and other campers (he'd be doing this at many campsites) were not told of any fire restrictions. He was not the reasoning type though and just kept telling me it was common sense not to have a fire, I thought that was a bit funny seeing the common thing was campers having fires and him getting upset. When I asked this guy about the organisers part in the fire restrictions he told me he was the 'risk assessment officer'.
Later again that evening the fire was started again after other fires had been. I was helping this guy put up his tent when other fires were noticed and mentioned to him and his response was "I'm over it now".

So what I would like to know is, was this guy the risk assessment officer? Was this guy speaking the organisers wishes about no fires? If there were not supposed to be fires was there any information about not having fires before the party? If there weren't supposed to be fires and this guy was supposed to be preventing them then it was ineffective and upsetting for him to work in the manner he did.

redblackpurple wrote :
It could just be that the rest of us are satisfied with the party..? I understand your issues but they weren't either as negative or even existent for me. Same party, different people and experiences. I'm not scared of writing a negative review, I just don't want to. I loved the party.
It seems those told would have been correct. I wasn't aware of the water tank but I was certainly aware there was water for sale after a quick glance at the stalls. We had much excess water at our large camp, always do. If there was mention of 'on tap' water to be available before the party I wasn't aware of it, if there wasn't I can't see the problem. We had no thirsty travellers (well except beer thirsty) at our camp but if there were we had the water to quench them.
Kids area - thanks  for the polite explanation,  that makes sense, things like that happen. Maybe next time, a little sign would take care of it and the area could have been self run. Not to worry.
I was disappointed by the apparent lack of kids area. I got my ex and her partner to come along and bring my 3 year old. I had sorta sold them on coming with mention of such things as the kids area and the toilets, I'm more disappointed about it not being what I told them than it being a real problem though.
I can understand others being disappointed, regardless of the parties value for dollar (I rate it exceptionally good value) $60 is a high price for many. Things like toilets and kids areas, etc. really make a value difference to some people and as they were advertised I see these things as legitimate criticisms that could be worked on for future parties.
High ticket price? I understand that some are of this opinion but I can't get over the value. To me that is nothing to pay for such a great event in such a wonderful location.
I'm not sure about the word on your street but on mine it was all good. We had a large camp and met up with many other regular doofers that had a great time.
Aww, stick around. You've stirred the pot and some interesting flotsam has turned up. Whilst your attitude comes across a little negative to me you are raising some valid points from a different position than most the posters.
mrbadgerman

shtonkalot wrote :
Something I'd like to clarified by the chickens or others in the know: Was there an issue with people having fires at the site?
I ask as someone came to our camp after doofers went collecting wood for over an hour and told them not to light a fire. The person in question didn't simply tell them though he came up with a real attitude and was telling them the idea of having a fire was just stupid and speaking down to them in a very negative manner. Later on more campers arrived at our camp and started the fire up. Fire Nazi was quick to the scene to stomp around yelling "Put the fire out now! grab some water or whatever and put it out!" when no one jumped up and did what he said he grabbed some water from our camp himself and put it out.
I tried to reason with him afterwards and questioned why we and other campers (he'd be doing this at many campsites) were not told of any fire restrictions. He was not the reasoning type though and just kept telling me it was common sense not to have a fire, I thought that was a bit funny seeing the common thing was campers having fires and him getting upset. When I asked this guy about the organisers part in the fire restrictions he told me he was the 'risk assessment officer'.
Later again that evening the fire was started again after other fires had been. I was helping this guy put up his tent when other fires were noticed and mentioned to him and his response was "I'm over it now".

So what I would like to know is, was this guy the risk assessment officer? Was this guy speaking the organisers wishes about no fires? If there were not supposed to be fires was there any information about not having fires before the party? If there weren't supposed to be fires and this guy was supposed to be preventing them then it was ineffective and upsetting for him to work in the manner he did.

No he was nothing to do with the organisation of the party, as we had the same dilemma, when he began threatening to pour our esky over the fire if we didn't put it out. To me he seemed quite intoxicated and he was walking around with his kids while he told people, as to seem responsible, but failed miserably (probably on a power trip). He was from the sunday dub club, he played the sunday on the chill stage and annoyed us with that siren noise all saturday night on their little renegade rig. There was no issues with fire on that site because i asked the guy who's property it was later and he said as long as there contained
STEVONOISEMAKER

Yeah not too sue what that was all about. But yeah same story, heard he was wigging out about fires and asked him to just back off while we check with the owner as it’s his call in the end.
And yeah, it was all ok after that was sorted. We did check fire bans before leaving syd too, and while it was stupidly hot in the day, it did get pretty chilly a few of the nights we were out.
That renegade stage would have been sweet had it not been in that position, it ended up upsetting a few people in the end…

Had we known they were planning to renegade it with a minirig we could have cleared them a good spot AWAY from the stages, but anyhow, next time we’ll just get Lindsey the enforcer to deal with it:p
VJ DAMAGE

there was a "no fires" sign on the gate (possibly from another party). Maybe that's the source?
Experience Hamparty

Experience Hamparty wrote:
Im no expert on sound, though I spend a lot of time with audioholics. I found the top end on the dance floor to be ear piercing at times as well but wasnt sure if it was me or what. I think the reason for this was the way it was setup. Those arrays were pointing slightly downward onto the dance floor so that people their copped it. However, Beyond this point and the further away you went the less harsh it became but there was less detail. The sound tent was aaaaaages away and I don't think thats an ideal place to pput a sound tent as there was a massive difference in character at that distance. The reason for this is that you cant tweak sound for such a large area when it changes so much with distance. Perhaps they were tweaking according to what was being heard at that distance, resulting in the top end being dialled in incorrectly for the immediate space on the dancefloor. Anyway, its an awesome system, for detail and stereo imaging it is amazing. It really has the potential to put you in another world where you forget that its coming from speakers. Just need to get it set up better.

h h h hefty

The only problem with the sound i merely think was the fact is was on an uphill angle. Those top boxes are designed to be projecting high frequencies over the top of your head, so in this when you stood a bit up the hill it was projection right at your head level= ear pierce. But that aside it is a really solid system and i disagree with the person saying "it's not got what other rigs do, but it's all they have." There is some really good gear there in speakers, its problem in hardware letting the sound down a bit. They will sort it out though, because thats what a happy chicken does
Experience Hamparty wrote :

h h h hefty :dj:

The only problem with the sound i merely think was the fact is was on an uphill angle. Those top boxes are designed to be projecting high frequencies over the top of your head, so in this when you stood a bit up the hill it was projection right at your head level= ear pierce. But that aside it is a really solid system and i disagree with the person saying "it's not got what other rigs do, but it's all they have." There is some really good gear there in speakers, its problem in hardware letting the sound down a bit. They will sort it out though, because thats what a happy chicken does :dj: :mrgreen:

Yeah it wasnt anticipated that the stage would be facing uphill but that creek flat has been hammered too often. The high frequencies of the boxes arent meant too go over your head, they work in a way where the bottom panels are only heard by the immediate audience as each drive is extremely directional so that the listener doesnt cop excessive spl. However, they combine to project sound to the rear audience so that sound is projected efficiently to the back. But yeah, the angle they point combined with the slope may have been what led to some problems but I remember a couple of times where it became ear splitting over a considerable area which I dont think was due to the athe slope or angle as it was occurring in areas where I would not have expected it to be ear splitting. Next time Im sure there'll be a huge improvement.
Zentient

Ooh, hey! I almost forgot about this.... but whatever happened to the naked dude who was totally wigging out for hours and hours? Did he return to consensual reality?? I wonder what he learnt while he was gone? Last time I saw him, he was running around in his bday suit yelling 'I exist! I exist!'
106 posts Page 3 of 5