Forbidden Kingdom

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
32 posts Page 1 of 2
AdrianPsy

Had a great time! Awesome job to everyone involved. :) The party had a really different vibe I felt. Still a good one of course, just different. Music was incredible throughout the whole weekend. The stage, lighting and decor blew my mind :D
gelidoartist123

:killah: Nice going to all who contributed to this party , Vibe was swell most of the party and some happenen tunes did the job :bounce:

:killah: :killah: :killah:
Bhavana

:lol: good vibes!! and lots of afford !!! amazing light + lazer .....thanks for all who make this party happens ....heaps of funn.....nice tunes from Byron boys ...fave :killah: seretone :dj: !!! ......thanks
keirrajade

i had sooo much fun! thanks to everyone who worked hard to put this party on :D

i managed to avoid getting sunburnt too, yay!
milf

hmm.. strange party that one.. overall good though.

tunes were awesome all weekend..

sunday definitely made the party for me.. i was happy to wake up to see a lot of regular doofers had turned up over night and a lot of wankers had gone home.. felt like a completely different party!

i found the rest of the time to have a pretty gross unfriendly bogan vibe around alot of the campsites and the night time dancefloor..

guess this shows how careful we have to be when advertising events..

massive thanks to everyone who put positive energy into this event!
synthz

Nothing wrong with new people coming... I could only there until noon saturday, but had a whole lot of fun. Re met some mountain people hahaha.

Does anyone have any photos of the stage on the second night, I would love to see what I missed out on :(
milf

synthz wrote :
Nothing wrong with new people coming...

i couldnt agree more.. when they bring a good attitude and are there to have fun i love seeing new smiling faces at every party!

..i just dont like people who come to such an excellent thing and bring violence, theft, and negativity..

examples:
bogan campfire group: yelling at passers by, a few burnouts, and HEAPS of rubbish all around where they were

little lads: tried to start a fight on the dancefloor on sat night

big bogan guy sunday arvo: tried stealing stevies banners, trying to shake the shelter support pole out of the ground, yelling at people and just being generally unpleasant..
ALEXUP

I had fun guys, thanks for the input. Was great to see a few boys from up home. Seeing spotsworth dancing so elegantly gave me a semi. Cheers Sammy and Badger. Legends.
Ju-Ju

****LOST JU JU*****

Last seen Forbidden Kingdom dancefloor Sunday morn crazed n muntad eating mcgarrys bubbles.
If anyone has seen him pls Pm me as Im very sad wiv out ma JU JU..***
gelidoartist123

[/quote]little lads: tried to start a fight on the dancefloor on sat night[/quote]

I did notice that gathering , Petty . They'll Never learn...gabbakicks will be gabbakicks :roll: .
Underpantsgnomes

Full marks for production value at this party. The stage was awesome and the dancefloor looked great as did the site. Thanks for the effort chickens etc. I must comment though that despite the hard work put in by the promoters i was really really really dissapointed with the atmosphere, vibe and general behaviour of the people there. I think that was the loneliest dancefloor ive ever seen in all my years of partying, no one was feeling any form of positive energy. This coupled with the fact that i saw numerous fuckwits starting fights on sunday morning and sat night....i even saw some guy trying to start with the same guy over and over again....even when the guy was trying to drop it and jus walk away....so lame....and a serious frown on the scene. This year has had some incredible parties with fantastic vibes, and at most times, ive been privileged to be a part of the growth and maturity of this scene...unfortunately this was a backwards step. I guess sometimes you have to go back a few steps to mature and go forward. I think it is imperative that in future there is some sort of filter on who gets asked to join in our environment, because this is not how i wanna spend my parties in the future.

At least as the morning grew on some familiar faces came out, especially the newcastle legends who always get the floor going. Vando, ur energies saved wat was just a shocking vibe. The music wa great throughout, just no one appreciating it or at least smiling. anyway thats my rant...i hope that next time promoters put such a fantastic effort to create an awesome party environment, it wont be ruined by the wankers that were at this party

boom
STEVONOISEMAKER

^^wise wise words spoken by milf and underpantygnomes!

farking mega levels of bogans and just downright gronks at this party. driving around riding on their utes, chopping down green trees to burn in their fires, leaving a mess and yeah, being rude and starting fights.

i think promoting parties to locals is the downfall. locals from outside the scene anyway.
even if some are cool, they're gonna know people who aren't, ones who will come simply because it's a big party not too far away. could be any kind of party, where they have people to intimidate and an audience to watch their tarded behaviour.

i reckon they'd be much less likely to plan on coming if they didn't know it was gonna be just down the road...

it takes at least a bit of a love for the music/people/atmosphere of parties that inspires us to drive hours to reach way off forests. the bogans have zero of this :D

my theory anyway:p

on another note, yep. day time was awesome. a very happy place:)
and tunes throughout the weekend very sweeeeeet!

an impressive light/sound/stage set up once again, well done chickens, chyna, steve, stevie, lloyd, benny etc etc, and everyone who worked on setting it up!

i wonder how the 40 degree packdown went...
rollyz

Fights? Did anyone use swords? Fights at Doofs? Why didn't you use your swords on them? Fights? Shit should have given them swords and see how they really fight when they have to fight. Bring on the swords! :twisted:
Chappo

The medieval demonstrations with weapons never happened :(

Great party in terms of tunes, sound, decor, visuals and lighting. But the vibe was so up and down it was nauseating, I get what you mean about the lonely dance floor it would start gaining momentum then some idiot(s) would be a dick(s) and the mood would drop and people would wonder off again.

Another thing, i heard on Saturday morning the gate tried to bump the price up to $65 and luckily, enough people said it was bullshit that it was dropped to $50 I'm not sure how long after and how many unfortunate people got hit with the inflated price.

I heard on arriving home that someone in my friends group that came out was trying to sneak through the bush to avoid paying the entry and was found out and then bashed and dragged out to the middle of no where and dumped on the ground and left to find his own way in the dark.
Now fair enough he was trying to sneak in but that doesn't warrant a bashing! I don't think he had ever been to a doof before and probably couldn't afford it or know enough about it to want to support it, 2 of his friends paid entry to get the car in so there was still money made, wouldn't it be better off coming to an agreement then resorting to violence?!? Doofers should be smarter then that, all that does is spread a bad reputation and insight more violence!!!
It disgusting behavior and not what our scene is about at all! Take your anger and greed and blow it out your arse!

That being said, big thanks to Badger and Sammy for their hard work. Sammy was doing a good job of telling off people that were out of line, and I usually saw Badger trecking around making sure things were sweet. I was there to support you guys! I never saw Shaun (not vortex, jobless productions shaun) in the party once and can only assume he was at the front gate and is the reason for all the problems there. I will never support one of his parties ever again, and I'm sure that the rest of the Chickens feel the same!

Oh also I found a wallet with a keycard in it that has the name 'Anthony O'Leary' in it, if you know this person or you are this person (in case you are the person and you don't know who you are) send me a PM with a description of the wallet and we'll sort something out.
monkey

Couldn't agree more Chappo, Underpantsgnomes & Stevo!
velcrofetus

What has been written above very much sums up my experience, unfortunatly I had those bogans around the fire harassed my boyfriend and I just because we sat down to get warm.

This horrible pig like looking man yelled out "Are you'z boys or girls" then his bogan conrads chuckled and then he proceeded to get his distgusting sweaty face up in mine and tell me that if I wanted to sit at the fire which may I add was a communial fire near the dance floor that I had to go off into the woods and get wood to earn my right to sit down.

Seemed sad that the same sense of community was lacking, way too many bogans present.

Also the price of the doof kept going up, originally it was $50 for the first 100 people but that got completly scraped and also what was medievil about the doof? Pretty much nothing.

Ah well still had a good time with friends and the friendly people I spoke with however Monster Mash was more so a highlight for me.

Peace 8)
hydroharry

I have to be a nipplefacecuntmunch and say!!
Lots of bogans probable turned up due to the fact that where Badger and Shaun where living in the leading up, and during the time of the doof has quite alot of fuckwits around.They are pretty much simply like you have described them as...bogans.
The sad part is i think Shaun n crew knew these people are fuckheads but simply passed the word due to money and the fact it gives them more shit to ramble on about themselves to people.
I do believe that doofs and the whole dedication and planing is an absolutely awesome and tiring process. How worth it is it! Its worth it due to you get to party your fucking arse off and meet and interact with likewise people with some pretty top choonz involved!
I know all the shit you need to get and prepare for a doof cost time and money.But i still fucking hate the fact you've got to pay a hefty fucking price to get into a party where you want to have a splendid time and dance yet you still get the occasional fuckheads who somehow got there way on to the directions and have made there plan to ruin you're night and everyone's vibe.
We really need to reconise who is write and who isn't. Too me it seemd to badger and shaun thats not important, aslong as they have a wallet!
Yet, I think its quite simple just to know the kind of person you're dealing with or even what type of blokes are RUNNING the party for example!
That is a disturbing story of that poor bloke getting bashed for keeping the real doof spirit! Good on him i say! Fucking drug fucked idoit's on the door, all about there money!!
I've spent time and could almost say lived with the people who organised this party.Badger is a fucking top bloke.Just somewhat sad he still thought shaun was a cool and smart guy for so long after most people i know who has had experiences with him relise how much of a fucking selfish money grabbing cunt he is!!

Gotta love all this hate in the doof scene :):) peace,love and injuring decent folk for trying to party without paying a stupid fucking price!

I love dubstep and breakcore anyway. This was my first doof back for a good good while!
ez all! excuse my disgusting grammar.
mrbadgerman

hydroharry wrote :
I have to be a nipplefacecuntmunch and say!!
Lots of bogans probable turned up due to the fact that where Badger and Shaun where living in the leading up, and during the time of the doof has quite alot of fuckwits around.They are pretty much simply like you have described them as...bogans.

We really need to reconise who is write and who isn't. Too me it seemd to badger and shaun thats not important, aslong as they have a wallet!

This comment is pretty uncalled for. Im pretty sure that vibe everyone is referring to came along with the 40 locals from the mill and around the area not my friends. The door situation is haggard, yes i know, i knew nothing of the price changes, or this bashing until after the party, i hope only in future that i'll have better judgement on a few things, this was my first party, and i know a bit went wrong but a lot of that was beyond the control of crew, as it was caused by a few selfish actions. Im sorry to all who were overcharged, and the medieval display didn't happen because the person we had to do this had to take up the actions of one crew member who ditched their crew.
Azarias

Dear o dear.
BigSpoon

The bogans were great value. Good fun to laugh at. Just a shame they trash the place.

The lads were fucked. Though when I saw them I think they were having a great time without causing trouble. Blew a big duck noise in the laddiest lads ear and he fucking nearly lost it with laughter. Just a shame I didn't have my lad costume eh!?

Both sets of people basically lack respect. Shame they can't be taught to respect people.

And this leads me to my next criticism. Chyna.
That guy needs to fuck off out of the scene and take a chill pill before he ever returns. He behaved just as poorly, if not worse than any of the bogans and lads.
Quite frankly, I couldn't give a fuck if the lighting was a blacklight and 2 cans, SO LONG AS THE LIGHTING GUY ISN'T A COMPLETE CUNT.

I spoke to many promoters afterwards to try and let them know he shouldn't be hired any more when he behaves the way he does, but for any other people in need of a lighting guy, just here this:
No matter how good the lighting is, it can all be for nothing when the guy running it abuses the absolute fuck out of people for absolutely no reason. That behaviour is absolutely not welcome as far as I, and pretty much everyone I spoke to about it, is concerned.

Now, I want to publicly thank him for his efforts. The lighting was pretty great. Won't say it was the best I've ever seen, but it was certainly awesome. So good job. BUT, don't expect to be hired again if you go around trying to take over an event and then abuse the shit out of people. That might run for you in the city but thats not what people want in the bush.

Above everything though, I think the biggest problem with this party was simply that it was only 2 weeks after Monster Mash, and during a time when there are a lot of parties on. Only the really dedicated people will come to 2 three day parties in 2 weeks. I think thats pretty much why the crowd was fairly small.

Besides a few stuff ups, the guys did pretty well for their first party. And we must remember that it was their first party. And we must remember that they really dove into the deep end!

My words of advice for all promoters (not that I've put on any events myself, this is just coming from a regular punter) is to watch who, and HOW you invite people, and to aim high, but not beyond your capabilities. :D A well run party with no idiots, is always the best party people ever go to. :wink:

I for one had a pretty excellent time. Thanks to all my friends for the shenanigans, thanks to the jobless dudes for putting it on, thanks to chickens for the sound, thanks to everyone else for making it interesting.

Hugs and wookiee love :mrgreen:

gelidoartist123

MURDER :angry:

Sorry thought id keep the anger coming.... :D
Slink

hey guys i had fun at the party, missed most of the boganism cos i was asleep!

i left my little esky though, anyone pick it it up? it had some food in it 2, looks just like Wall-e's lunchbox :)

cheers
Abuse

thanks for the party forbidden crew.. nice lighting and what a f#@kn huge stage that was :killah:

tried to stay away from angry bogans, hanging at the crew camp was nice :)

if anyone has found a pair of sennheiser headphones, khopat has lost them.. please pm if anyone knows of their whereabouts

cheers
Factor 1

Well Fark! That stage looks farken terrific, and the decor. I was actually really looking forward to this one but could not go due to work commitments/kid commitments. Thank fark for Vando hey! He is a legend as all you beautiful people are. The Chickens I love your commitment and zest for sound, sorta hoping that we may be able to play with your Toolbox, that analouge thing you guys showed me, at Newpsycle, I have read a little bit about it. Sam and Badger, we live and learn, nice effort I am sure that nothing that happened at this show was any reflection on you guys, big thumbs up I reckon, you two are real nice blokes. Newpsycle will have a strictly no tolerence for fuckwits rule, as no one is going to rain on our parade of that you can be certain. There is a reason we are underground! Take care all, Peace and Love, Finchy. :-)
Azarias

Factor 1 wrote :
Well Fark! That stage looks farken terrific, and the decor. I was actually really looking forward to this one but could not go due to work commitments/kid commitments. Thank fark for Vando hey! He is a legend as all you beautiful people are. The Chickens I love your commitment and zest for sound, sorta hoping that we may be able to play with your Toolbox, that analouge thing you guys showed me, at Newpsycle, I have read a little bit about it. Sam and Badger, we live and learn, nice effort I am sure that nothing that happened at this show was any reflection on you guys, big thumbs up I reckon, you two are real nice blokes. Newpsycle will have a strictly no tolerence for fuckwits rule, as no one is going to rain on our parade of that you can be certain. There is a reason we are underground! Take care all, Peace and Love, Finchy. :-)

You're a top bloke too Finchy, well said; that second last sentence expressed it well.
32 posts Page 1 of 2