genesis - tribal beginnings

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Satori

I had a great time at this party.
Thanks Nick, Aleksander and crew. I had an awesome time playing.

Hi-lights.
The site: what a find! beautiful lush river frontage.
The l.e.d wall: Very trippy.
The sound system: Nice to hear my tunes on that rig.
Hanging by the river with DiMiTri then coming back to this realm only to be greeted by a friendly platypus.
Seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones.
Haltya: very funky.
The rain: cleansing my soul

Lo-lights
The directions: bit hit and miss.
The rain: kept the people away.
Being told there was food for sale only to find there was none and having to survive on banana bread for 3 days.

All in all it was a top notch doof, I was glad to be involved and look forward to being a part of future parties with this crew.

Peace
Rory
Th
blinja

Thanks rory :) I would like to thank all the crew for the fucking amazing job they did with everything, nothing would have been possible without them and i cannot thank them enough :) It was a fun party, I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, we will be releasing a dvd of the party soon, so to those who went, you have some visual memories as well :> Its a pity about the rain, it wasnt that bad at the site, thanks to everyone who came out and made the trek, im sorry about the directions and any other problems, look for some teasers for genesis 2 soon :)

Strange Arrangements.
STEVONOISEMAKER

Pretty sweet gathering.
Rain was quite tolerable, rarely more than a lil sprinkle really.
Not so many people, but I guess that was kinda expected.

Music was very enjoyable, I particularly liked psywalker’s set, also very impressed by poseidon’s tunes, serotone was chunky goodness, and good old raptor delivered some nice twisted night time music indeed.

Chickens’ sound was huge and crystal clear, and the combined forces of vando, vibrajaw and benny pineapple created an awesome stage/décor/shade/lighting set up.

Food situation was a bit of a bummer, haha lucky someone went for a drive into town for supplies, I sure wasn’t lookin forward to surviving on desserts all weekend:p

The site certainly is a treasure, great scenery, flowing river, and flush toilets! Very nice!
Bit of a rough drive in though, hehe and even rougher drive out, hopefully one day that road will be fixed up a bit and the site can be used for something bigger:)
raptor

STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :
Chickens’ sound was huge and crystal clear, and the combined forces of vando, vibrajaw and benny pineapple created an awesome stage/décor/shade/lighting set up.

ha. benny PINEAPPLE.
keirrajade

he was pretty pineappley by sunday hehe
2nd17th

i hope we can use the venue again, the road needs lots of work but most ppl made it in ok, only a few cars lost exhaust systems.

that place was a lucky find on the net. ivan milat did most of his work just up the road from there.
keirrajade

hahaha benny!

im surprised my exhaust system is still attached lol...good little doof vehicle :)
psy*clone

yeah, belangalow's nice, but it aint the nicesest when you lose your dogs in it and gotta spend the night camped up with no gear looking for them. stoopid dogs
BigSpoon

They were probably off checkin out some of Milat's handy work hahahaha
depo

psy*clone wrote :
yeah, belangalow's nice, but it aint the nicesest when you lose your dogs in it and gotta spend the night camped up with no gear looking for them. stoopid dogs

sounds like you and your dogs are a match made in heaven
Psyentific

Thanks again for everyone who came down there i hope everyone enjoy, thanks to everyone who help and make it happen on those weather conditions, to everyone who was playing i enjoyd the music at all time, i guess weather wasn't on our side, but we hope nextone will be clear sky so everyone can enjoy what that pleace can realy offer, we are sorry about road conditions, we prommas by next time that road will be in propper shape!
Again manny thanks to everyone who was outthere and cant wait to ShAkE that forest again!
blu_s13

All i can say is that was my First ever DOOF, the first of many to come!!! im as hooked as a fat kid to cake!!!

thanks guys for an awsome sound, visual and vibe from everyone!!!

:killah:
Cyberwlf

Cheers for the party... great location and cool set-up on site there with a sweet line-up too.

On a side note..

I'm sure the lesson was learnt but for your own sakes please next time bring back-ups for everything on site because whether its rain, dust or something else shit can and often does fuck up, so things like spare dexs make a big difference, especially to those who put in time to deliver something special but were highly limited by what was available to them.
13 posts Page 1 of 1