Fractal Storm

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
49 posts Page 1 of 2
Galactic Monkey

Killer little one :))) Shame about somewhat early closure but wicked fun nonetheless :)))

Thank you crew for putting this on and hello to everyone I played with and met on the night :)))

Found a ring, if anyone's missing one PM me with a description :)

Peace!!!
mkm

Lolsss boo u beat me to making a threat.. alwell..

Sick lil party. Had a few bumps. But all and all, it went over pretty well.
Shout outs to boo psyspouts alien trancesistor and everyone else who played.
Does anyone what happened to that guy who went off with quad bike riders??
Sucked it got cut short.. But we have to repsect others and their land.

See all u of in 2 weeks ;P
alien trancesistor

thanks a lot guys for having me.. :) was a small one but good sound sytem..killer location..met some nice ppl...and music was perfect cycle nice music no cheese all the djs were grt mr boo, traveller and last but not the least full respect to psysprouts...i seriously think this person must get loads of gig...perfect flow..very very psychedelic music..good mixing...was perfect morning for me he almost broke my leg..heheh..full respect...

thanks once again.. :)
fractal storm

LOST AND FOUND

Lost: One male doofer named Sylvester

Thanks to everyone who played, especially the blokes who came down from lismore ,nimbin and byron- what a mission!
Psyfarmer

We ran into those kids who lost their friend in town, he's alive and well.
As for the party.. there were a few upset hicks that ruined it for everyone but so they should be. I'd be pretty pissed if i found a bunch of randoms getting jiggy on my land without asking.
I was also amazed at the crowd this party pulled. It's not normally the type of crowd i've ever seen at sydney parties.
I loved the simplicity of the stage and the lighting and the music was awesome.
synthz

Wasnt at the party but heard about that, you didnt think to ask the land owners before using it?... isnt that site still a bit battered from forbidden?
Psyfarmer

The organiser/s of fractal said they had no idea it was private property. I didn't think the party would last till morning..fairly surprised.
traveller

ah cool im glad to hear he was all good in the end!

yeah it was an interesting party this one hehe...
not without its dramas...

music was awesome tho the whole time i was there...
alien tranceistor and b00! both pulled off some sweet sweet
tuneage...

also wow i was pretty surprised by psysprouts' set really deep
twisted sunrise tunes and great mixing nice one mate :D

it seemed everyone had the right intentions and so the party
still felt like a success to me in the end,and despite the crazy times
i was still glad to be a part of it and meet all the new folk :)

but yeah more thought into venues for next time would be good hehe ;)
we live and learn...
til next time!
:killah:
spangk

Psyfarmer wrote :
The organiser/s of fractal said they had no idea it was private property. I didn't think the party would last till morning..fairly surprised.

I cannot believe this! How can one NOT KNOW where they are putting on an event is private property. Are the organisers babies or mentally challenged? :vomitonyou:

I hope this does not destroy chances of the organisers who have always used this site from the begining. Massive sympathy to the land owner, he's most likely within his rights to press charges on these disrespecting individuals.. possibly everyone that was there for that matter. Is it true that the organisers are not from sydney? Just word of mouth brought this news to me. STOP OVER USING SITES PEOPLE.
Zari

We were moved on to that site by a local who had an issue with us being at the original one. we were given the impression we would be out of the way there and nothing was said to the organisers about it being private land.

The site was left clean, something i rarely see happen at bigger parties, and the doofers were all wonderful people.

I hope this does not destroy chances of the organisers who have always used this site from the begining

I understand the landowners issue with us being on their land, the other area where the previous parties have been held on is still trashed. It still being in that state after the last party there months ago may have done more to destroy the chance to use that site peacefully than a misunderstanding over property boundaries in an ungated and unfenced area.
guide dogs association

I certainly wouldnt have attended if I new it was going to be such a ballsup. It was obvious to me that it was private land. But I have heaps of bush experience. The promoter is from England where they may have national parks that look like cow paddocks. And until recently farmers did graze in parks.
We were moved by the landowners neighbour off the mountain to a site down in the valley. The landowner came by twice with his mates during the night but didnt close it down until about 8.30.
He is a good bloke and heard that he refunded the fee plus more at one of the parties. They moved us off the mountain so not to risk a current D/A for a coming party.
All the same, I had fun. The music was good. I enjoyed all the djs including Boo, but mate that 'machine gun' shit at the end of your set only kicks on BIG systems or clears the floor.

On a personal note that was my last set. After 31 years as a dj (15 as a psy dj) I'm throwing in the towel. Obviously experience and talent dont count for shit in this country. I have to have a label around my neck, and suck the right asses. And now I suppose to old anyway. To all the promoters who have ignored me all these years. FUCK YOU!!!

Thanks to the newy boys Nick, Ben and Tav, Vaughn and Andy theProfessor (Elixir), Di from Wizdance, and Ray from New cal. The only promoters to give me decent sets.

I am and always have been motivated by my love of dance, the tribe around me, a deep yearning for an end to war and senseless violence, and an age of peace. I admit to making mistakes, one of which some of u will be aware of by now. But I love, and will always love those who I let down and seek forgiveness.

It is sad for me that many of my friends have still never heard me let loose behind the decks.
But I'll never give up the love of my life.
I dont need an invitation to dance.

psysprouts
2nd17th

It is sad for me that many of my friends have still never heard me let loose behind the decks.

psysprouts

what do you play? we are always looking for dj's to play.
alien trancesistor

^^^^brother his sets are epic man...he knws hw to make u go mad on the dancefloor....that perfect journey always moving forward..book him dude..he is a legend...i really wonder hw can he not get sets..his mixing skills are awesum..

p.s-he plays dark

:)
rollyz

guide dogs association wrote :
I certainly wouldnt have attended if I new it was going to be such a ballsup. It was obvious to me that it was private land. But I have heaps of bush experience. The promoter is from England where they may have national parks that look like cow paddocks. And until recently farmers did graze in parks.
We were moved by the landowners neighbour off the mountain to a site down in the valley. The landowner came by twice with his mates during the night but didnt close it down until about 8.30.
He is a good bloke and heard that he refunded the fee plus more at one of the parties. They moved us off the mountain so not to risk a current D/A for a coming party.
All the same, I had fun. The music was good. I enjoyed all the djs including Boo, but mate that 'machine gun' shit at the end of your set only kicks on BIG systems or clears the floor.

On a personal note that was my last set. After 31 years as a dj (15 as a psy dj) I'm throwing in the towel. Obviously experience and talent dont count for shit in this country. I have to have a label around my neck, and suck the right asses. And now I suppose to old anyway. To all the promoters who have ignored me all these years. FUCK YOU!!!

Thanks to the newy boys Nick, Ben and Tav, Vaughn and Andy theProfessor (Elixir), Di from Wizdance, and Ray from New cal. The only promoters to give me decent sets.

I am and always have been motivated by my love of dance, the tribe around me, a deep yearning for an end to war and senseless violence, and an age of peace. I admit to making mistakes, one of which some of u will be aware of by now. But I love, and will always love those who I let down and seek forgiveness.

psysprouts

There are many good DJs who are missing out because they are not bed buddies with certain promotors.... but hey, you got some good gigs, then why not get more involved with helping the promotors that helped you, then that should ensure more good gigs down the track. Forget those wanky promotors who never gave you a chance, its their loss, while the suportive crews will prosper with the best acts! :mrgreen:
omnava25

its all about the 5k to 8k ratio, if you cut the high frequancy's and boost the mids and feel the bass, you to can mix like psy sprout, it's a state of being you get from being a loser for so many years, and mixing psy instead of getting a job, go back to wherever you were psy sprout! :lol:
ATREYU

omnava25 wrote :
its all about the 5k to 8k ratio, if you cut the high frequancy's and boost the mids and feel the bass, you to can mix like psy sprout, it's a state of being you get from being a loser for so many years, and mixing psy instead of getting a job, go back to wherever you were psy sprout! :lol:

That's a bit harsh Matt.

I personally would love to see Sprouts get more sets. He is one of the best dj's in the country. Without a doubt. His dedication to Psytrance delivers Quality sets. Despite anyones personal issues with him it cannot take away his skills as a dj. So if you want to hear an awesome set i recommend getting him to play or listening to him play if u get the chance.

p.s Sorry i missed the party guys.
KOKIDOO

I personally think u wont get a set if u not a friend of the promoters ....unfortunately
( even say good day ;) give the supports , making connections ....so people knows who u r and what u plays .........n would be nice to see djs dance around more :lol:

Psysprout is one of legend psy dj on this land .......( but u were not around here for longtime , heard u coming to play down here was excited!!! disappointed not seeing u)
next time ....come down sprout!!!!!.......
Satori

KOKIDOO wrote :
I personally think u wont get a set if u not a friend of the promoters .

Sad but true, it's not a case of how good you are at doing what you do, it's a case of how you play the game.
moog

we put out an invite for dj's that would like to play at our parties.... as long as they play good music
i.e. no cheesy generic square 4/4 predictable pop psytrance
no one has even mentioned hyperdimensional hexagon on here yet. he plays real psytrance with some depth to it. he takes you on a journey. thats what it's all about for me.
Galactic Monkey

moog wrote :
we put out an invite for dj's that would like to play at our parties.... as long as they play good music
i.e. no cheesy generic square 4/4 predictable pop psytrance
no one has even mentioned hyperdimensional hexagon on here yet. he plays real psytrance with some depth to it. he takes you on a journey. thats what it's all about for me.

I thought every dj on the night was of a very high quality. Personally I don't have any real problems getting gigs and I am fairly young as a dj and don't really know any promoters, I just ask and most of the time they seem to be happy to have a new face on the line up. Then again I don't try to shoot for big commercial gigs all the time, prefer small and medium sized parties as a general rule but that is because I feel that the spirit is better when it is less commercial and good spirit is what doof scene is about for me.

Peace!!! :)
simon

no wonder you dont get any gigs sprouts, with an attitude like that!!!!! c'mon sprouts - being this antagonistic is not going to help and you know it...

no promoters owe you anything, if you want sets then you need to be pro-active in getting them. having a label behind you means nothing, fuck, i run a record label and i get about 2 sets a year!!!! its all about asking the right people, you dont have to suck dick to get a set, make a demo and send it out and be persistant.
kayhat

Christ, it's good to get a reminder of just how brain dead doof politics can get.

Never mind me, carry on. :P
mrbadgerman

Satori wrote :
KOKIDOO wrote :
I personally think u wont get a set if u not a friend of the promoters .

Sad but true, it's not a case of how good you are at doing what you do, it's a case of how you play the game.

When i did my party i was not only getting DJ's i was friends with, you get people to play when you like their tunes and attitude. I put people on who i had never met before, simple because they asked me to play, then played banging tunes. You can't hide at home and just expect people to be ringing you for sets, promoters probably don't even know you exist. DJ's aren't as valued as they used to be either, so many good young crew are now writing such huge music and are able to perform it in live sets, (which i would rather see any day over some old DJ).
moog

so many good young crew are now writing such huge music and are able to perform it in live sets, (which i would rather see any day over some old DJ).

no way mate! a dj with a collection of some of the worlds best tunes ever made by the best artists from the birth of trance up to modern day psytrance is a way more interesting set than some local kid on ableton trying to copy the legends that pioneered the sound.... unless you're a REALLY talented artist, stick to dj sets.
mrbadgerman

moog wrote :
so many good young crew are now writing such huge music and are able to perform it in live sets, (which i would rather see any day over some old DJ).

no way mate! a dj with a collection of some of the worlds best tunes ever made by the best artists from the birth of trance up to modern day psytrance is a way more interesting set than some local kid on ableton trying to copy the legends that pioneered the sound.... unless you're a REALLY talented artist, stick to dj sets.

Im not talking about some local kid. Im talking about signed artists, producing tunes getting released by the day. Let me tell you something, DJing is easy! VERY EASY! In the psy scene you will never get a paid gig just being a dj. Anyone can get hold of famous psy music and mix it, i reckon at least half the people i know can pull off a decent set. Plus the feed from a sound card can produce way higher audio quality than cd's, and a lot of old pioneering psytrance does not hold a dance floor anymore. With new production technology coming out constantly, mastering sound quality have become a lot more consistent. Write ya tunes or fuck off and play the 1st set for 10people, and don't whinge when your not paid.
49 posts Page 1 of 2