Bushed As 3

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
17 posts Page 1 of 1
rollyz

Well that was fun. Rocked up at Woodford at 12.30, a few cars leaving, I asked what was happening. Dude says 10 cop cars rocked up, and close the party as it was in a National Park and they had no permit. I went down the road to see myself, and sure enough, on the dirt track as far as I could see, something like 20 cars all crawling up the hill. I knew it was time to turn around and go back home :-(
traveller

:(
bio[diversity]

These sort of things give doofing a bad name.

FFS, National Park ?
moog

bio[diversity] wrote :
These sort of things give doofing a bad name.

FFS, National Park ?

swap the banjo for a violin mate!
kayhat

OK, so this is a review for a non-event then?

Wicked. :P
mjhassall

if it is... Audiogasm!!! 2005 i think.
2004 Rocked!!! :killah: :killah: :killah:

kayhat wrote :
OK, so this is a review for a non-event then?

Wicked. :P
AdrianPsy

Well I didn't go, but I heard from a friend that it went something like this.

Party started... music was shit.. hardstyle all night.. :lol:

Cops rock up at some point, said they could hear the music from the cop station ..
They say they'll leave as long as everyones chilled and the lights stay off.

Then they said everyone had to leave because they were trespassing on a national park and they couldn't drink there. So they took the keys to the generator and said they'd be back in a few hours with dogs.

The generator was hotwired and the party lived on till the morning apprently.. then the cops rocked up but they didn't have dogs. Then people just started leaving.

Heh.. I agree with you biodiversity. These things do just give doofs bad names.
kayhat

I'd like to know how the previous Bushed As's were :lol:

Seriously though, hard style in the bush all night has gotta piss off some native fauna.
mrbadgerman

WOW? what site was it to be that close to a cop station? or was the music that loud? And what would turning the lights off do if people still had the music on? seems strange to me. Had a similar experience that same weekend at strange brew about 100km north of Grafton.

The happy chickens sound was brought up for the weekend and got noise complaints by early saturday. Because there was only 20 or so people dancing at this stage the police assumed the party was very small and said they would come back and shut it down at 6p.m. little did they realise how many people were already there, and how many more there would be by 6p.m. The police attitude though was very different to what i've experienced at parties before. Normally the police are quite polite and cooperative, mostly amazed that such an event exists where so many people of different ages and backgrounds gather to smile and have fun in the bush VIOLENCE FREE.

On the other hand these police were rude, arrogant and offensive to all walks of life. After much duress, attempted fines and arguments they left the dance floor of 200 people (for lost keys) Saturday at 6p.m to continue onto midday Sunday, so they said. When they actually shut the party down they pressed people who had been drinking and taking substance into driving their cars and getting out the forest that moment, they were trying to make everyone leave even though the rubbish was not collect or even finished being piled up, and when this was mentioned to them they said if you cared about the environment you would've though about the koalas before bringing a sound system to the bush. They then proceeded to book all the people they forced into driving when the reached the end of the road out of the forest.

After the weekend almost a bus load of drink drivers were caught, due mostly to people being told to leave and that the party is canceled once they had already begun consuming. A car also rolled leaving the event, and how ever many other incidents occurred by all those who got out of the forest the back way. Issues like this never occur at parties without police interference. All i can say is the police attitude to that party was very immature, dangerous and seems to demonstrate inexperience and lack of thought when operating
Last edited by mrbadgerman on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
rollyz

Thats very interesting. Police can not force you to leave and drive from an area, especially if in no condition to drive. In fact I recomend all those who were booked to take it to court that they were all under instruction of police to move. Therefore under their duty of care. To be made to drive under the influence. Then to be snared under an act of false entrapment. I believe lawers will have a field day, and the Judge will be revoking a few police badges. Get the word out to all those affected! :mrgreen:
mrbadgerman

rollyz wrote :
Thats very interesting. Police can not force you to leave and drive from an area, especially if in no condition to drive. In fact I recomend all those who were booked to take it to court that they were all under instruction of police to move. Therefore under their duty of care. To be made to drive under the influence. Then to be snared under an act of false entrapment. I believe lawers will have a field day, and the Judge will be revoking a few police badges. Get the word out to all those affected! :mrgreen:

Well the police used a small slight of word tactic around this. They said all people and property need to move and be cleared from the area, when the intoxicated issue was brought up they said i don't care, walk if you have to. It was 11kms back the the freeway, then at least 20kms before a town, walking outa there wasn't an option.
AdrianPsy

I'm not sure where exactly bushed as 3 was.. but they posted the directions up on the actual facebook event page which was open for all to see.

When u reach Mulgoa Rd (Penrith) reset odometer. Continue on the M4 which will then turn into the Great Western Hwy for 23.6km
The town is called Woodford.
Station St will be on your Left … TURN HERE…
There will be a big blue sign saying train station
As you get closer to the turn off there are a few big sweeping S bends.
Follow Station St around and u will come to a T intersection. TURN LEFT and
then FIRST RIGHT onto Railway Pde, Follow this for 300 meters ,
Then TURN LEFT onto Bedford Rd…
Follow Bedford Rd for 7KM to the Party

As for the Byron situation, that's pretty fullon.. I think there needs to be more information spread about the rights we have when dealing with police and them interfering.
rollyz

mrbadgerman wrote :
rollyz wrote :

Well the police used a small slight of word tactic around this. They said all people and property need to move and be cleared from the area, when the intoxicated issue was brought up they said i don't care, walk if you have to. It was 11kms back the the freeway, then at least 20kms before a town, walking outa there wasn't an option.

Then you had a right to walk 500 yard and sit down for a rest, take as long as you want and waste their time. They would have had to provide transport for all of you. They treat you like brown cows, then act like brown cows!

Actually....contact the media, they will love a story like this..."Police force intoxicated people to drive on our roads" Shit think of the scandal and the egg on officials faces. If i was there I'd be contacting them now, but unfortunately I wasn't there and don't know the story. Get the word out. I'm sure a few reporters will love to cover this story!
rollyz

AdrianPsy wrote :
As for the Byron situation, that's pretty fullon.. I think there needs to be more information spread about the rights we have when dealing with police and them interfering.

Yes, very good idea, hand outflyers, have a megaphone on hand to tell punters that do not have to move, or get the crews to warn people NOT to drive, even have a person stationed at the exit.

This so call move on tactic has been used several times at parties over the years to get drunk intoxicated punters to drive away from a site, only to run into a booze bus further down the road....
herbsandspices

This issue is that according to law:

If you are in a public place, the police in NSW can issue a move on order, which requires you to leave the area whether or not you are intoxicated. These orders are often used to harras junkies and the homeless. Private property can even be considered a public place if the public are admitted, a good example is a pub or shopping centre. Therefore even a doof on private property is possibly an area subject to the issue of move on orders. I would be interesting to challenge though, but only from a legal perspective.

You are not obliged to drive. If you are intoxicated, you should walk. The police are not obliged to provide transport.

As for police's duty of care, the standard of public authorities is lower than that of an indiviual. A cop is only liable is the breach was such that, no public officer in the same position as the public officer could have considered the act or omission a reasonable exercise of authority. Therefore they pretty much have to stab you to be liable for any harm done to you.

So well and good to get a megaphone and flyers, but you should chant "you have no rights, do what they tell you!"
phoney

Hardstyle is offensive. Good on the cops. I would have shut the party down too no matter where it was.
Ecotek

Did ya'll actually look at the lineup before going/complaining about hardstyle??

I'm not defending what sounds like a pretty shit party (or the music) by any means, but ffs, you walked straigt into that one.
17 posts Page 1 of 1