Rythmic Earth 02/04/10-04/04/10

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
61 posts Page 1 of 3
psythagoras

Well I had a bloody fantastic time. Thank you to all who played, performed, built, cooked, cleaned and danced.

Particular thank you to Andy for the use of his beautiful patch on the planet. Missed the first one, however, I will hopefully never miss another.
Glacial

How was Far East Ghost? Gutted to miss him. :cry:
tm1988

it was perfect!!!
10q every one!! producers, DJs (pawana :killah: ) just everyone who orginize something over there!!!
for sure my best weekend in my australian travelling

10x again!! and see you next time

some pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 683&ref=mf
AdrianPsy

Awesome party! Thanks shapeshifters! :) Had a lot of fun playing on the Regen rig. In my opinion there was just a bit too much darkpsy on the saturday night and not enough fullon at the start of the night, maybe that's just me though. I was in a semi sleep state throughout Far East Ghost's set and I though it was AWESOME. :mrgreen:

The general vibe going around the party was great and was good to see smiles everywhere. Highlights for me were the rope swing, the communal fire, sitting on the hill and simultaneously listening to the heebie jeebies set and the healing sounds - that was an interesting contrast. Saturday night in general was probably the most fun I've had in a long time.. again though, I just wish there was a bit more 'normal' psytrance, whether it was cheese or a more semi dark fullon style... or maybe I just missed the those bits? I dont know.

All in all, I had an amazing time. Hopefully shapshifters can do this great party again next year. :atom:
keirrajade

this was a really lovely party, beautiful decor and location! we were only there for a few hours but made the most of it and had a ball :)

i thought the signs along the way saying 'don't give up' and 'you're almost there' were a bit of a tease lol they should have been moved closer to the party rather than a quarter of the way hehe!

hope the weather held out for the rest of the weekend!
Last edited by keirrajade on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galactic Monkey

Glacial wrote :

Far East Ghost was probably the best live set I've ever seen, actually the best set I've ever seen, period, pure exorcism :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Sorry you missed him :) There is Psykovsky coming up though to make up for it :)
kidsonwiz

Wow what a magical weekend! Only got there at 1am on Sunday morning after getting lost in what can only be descrided as the set of Wolf Creek. That'll teach me for not reading the directions properly.
Sunday day time was incredible. Thumpy, funky and beaufiful sounds really brought that valley to life. It was great meeting new people and laughing my arse off. The music around the time of East Coast Ghost to be pretty full on and not so enjoyable. Kinda like having your ears assaulted with a machine gun. It just lacks any smiley positivity that i associate with dancing in the bush. But whatever floats your boat. I decided to dance at the other stage to some really chunky minimal.
Stage setting was brilliant, you guys made the place look very epic. Stand out sets from Autonomech, Sunrunner, Positive Thought and the couple that played late in the afternoon on Sunday. They really had me and my bro at their proggy mercy.
Psyfarmer

Far East Ghost = Best live act EVER!
susan

thanks heaps for the party sisters and everyone else who helped build.
loved being there and seeing everyone again. such a beautiful place too.
best sets - the hugely talented Daheen who gave me a laugh ache and a light heart,
and the devil spawn Pawana who did it up so hard, from our camp we were convinced
far east ghost was already in the house.
:bounce:
can't wait to catch all you guys again soon at ben's perception :twisted:
Mλtt

Very beautiful location, very nice sound, and I loved the dancefloor vibe and decorations/lights and whatnot. Altogether a well put together doof. Music itself was varied and always nice to hear. Saturday night/early morning HOLY FUCK that was just insane haha. As others have said there was a good vibe/atmosphere about as well. Definitely will be at Rhythmic Earth 2011. :)
Glacial

Galactic Monkey wrote :
Glacial wrote :

Far East Ghost was probably the best live set I've ever seen, actually the best set I've ever seen, period, pure exorcism :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Sorry you missed him :) There is Psykovsky coming up though to make up for it :)

Fuck. :verymad:

Was keen to fly up from Vic to see him but for a number of reasons it just wasn't possible. Psykovsky and Kashyyyk in May should make up for it though.
Last edited by Glacial on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galactic Monkey

Glacial wrote :
Galactic Monkey wrote :
Glacial wrote :

Fuck. :verymad:

Was keen to fly up from Vic to see him but for a bumber of reasons it just wasn't possible. Psykovsky and Kashyyyk in May should make up for it though.

He was totally awesome, using death metal screams on a mic during a show, awesome front man too hehe, absolute japanese horror samurai action :) Big thanks to Shapeshifters for this present by the way!!!

Yeah I think they will :) :) :) Also you get Fatal Discord inb VIC, don't you? Another ninja that is really really cool :) :) :)
Glacial

Galactic Monkey wrote :
He was totally awesome, using death metal screams on a mic during a show, awesome front man too hehe, absolute japanese horror samurai action :) Big thanks to Shapeshifters for this present by the way!!!

Yeah I think they will :) :) :) Also you get Fatal Discord inb VIC, don't you? Another ninja that is really really cool :) :) :)

Haha nice, would love to see some videos if anyone happened to take any. At the moment i'm moping around listening to Far East Ghost tracks wishing i'd seen him play them in the flesh haha.

And yeah we do, along with almost every decent active darkpsy DJ in Melbourne on the bill as well. Its shaping up to be a mini Australian psycrowdelica, super pumped for it.
Galactic Monkey

Glacial wrote :
Galactic Monkey wrote :

Haha nice, would love to see some videos if anyone happened to take any. At the moment i'm moping around listening to Far East Ghost tracks wishing i'd seen him play them in the flesh haha.

And yeah we do, along with almost every decent active darkpsy DJ in Melbourne on the bill as well. Its shaping up to be a mini Australian psycrowdelica, super pumped for it.

That sounds awesome man, good to see Australia getting in touch with its dark side :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Pete_Paranoid

Just got back!

I won't go on about what went on but I will say if you think I am leaving you are very mistaken. Big thanks to you all for your support and help.

I enjoyed sets from Autonomech, Onda, Third Drop Reflection, Sunrunner, and the T-Quest boys vs. Rhythmic Sun.

Improvements
(I think after over ten years doofing and 8 years doing lighting I can reserve the right to suggest changes...)
Take my advice anyway you want!
Don't take a piss behind the stage, the punishment could be 415 volts to your genitalia or an amusing story to tell your grandkids.

Thanks to my lighting helper Brent, heard nothing but good stories about you.

Well done crew.

(Pip, yes I remember you, message me back please.)
shtonkalot

Well I sure had a good time.
A super great time even.
Caught up with a bunch of doofers I haven't seen for too long. Met some new ones too. Boogied my arse down a size and got a giggle fit on that lasted hours. Got a large amount of super good hugs, did the swing and smash round a tree, made some midnight treasure pancakes.. um I had a great time.
Thanks to the large amount of wonderful happy positive people present it was nearly impossible to not have a great time.

Not sure if the people I met that I'd like to get in contact with are aliens or not but I met a couple that just moved to Narara on the Central Coast recently. If you are reading this and fit that bill drop me a PM and we can get in touch. I met you guys in the UV banner dome of glowiness.

I have to admit that I didn't get the earthly vibration meditation and neither did any of the group I was with. We did find it bloody hilarious to listen to the tones and try and work out whether it was serious or just the crew messing with everyone, it was confusion meets hilarity head on... I kinda felt a little bad for finding it so funny but then I found that pretty hilarious to think about too.
I remember after the first long low tone my friend called out "encore" and immediately after there was a repeat of the same tone... heheheheh... that was pretty funny.

It was a pretty sweet site, bit hard to find good camping spots as there weren't many trees except up high on slopes and there wasn't much flat space except in the marshy grassy middle. Even the main stage was a little too sloped for me until I got my stomping feet trained, that didn't take long to be honest.

So some great doofing times were had and a wonderful group of people had them with me. Thanks to everyone who made the effort to keep the positive fun vibes going.
stellaa

shtonkalot wrote :
Well I sure had a good time.
I have to admit that I didn't get the earthly vibration meditation and neither did any of the group I was with. We did find it bloody hilarious to listen to the tones and try and work out whether it was serious or just the crew messing with everyone...

And there we were thinking it was a sound check :P lol
stellaa

Galactic Monkey wrote :
Far East Ghost was probably the best live set I've ever seen, actually the best set I've ever seen, period

He was totally awesome, using death metal screams on a mic during a show, awesome front man too hehe

YEAAAHHH! :killah: Freaking unreal set, ROCKED MY WORLD! His energy was just great, loved the mental death metal screaming, and had the best fun EVERRRR dancing around manically to machine gunning type bpm :mrgreen: mwahaha :killah: :killah: :killah:

I loved the day stuff too (just because I'm in touch with my dark psyde, doesn't mean I don't love being happy too, LOL - going mental to crazy bpm is a great vent/energy transmutation though, try it sometime - you'll like it :howaboutit: ). Great bouncy boingy lovely smiley stuff - especially the mix-up set at the end on Sunday (how long did those guys play for?) :bounce: Yay!

Grrrrrreat party allround, thanks and namaste to all who organised it. You're beautiful - Mwah! :love:

And totally impressed with how tidy the campers around us were too. Nice one, to respect our small corner of the planet like that :mrgreen:
KOKIDOO

:D ...that was wonderful dreams valley :mrgreen: ........beautiful party and awesome vibes ...wanna rocks rocks my socks off if i didnt hurt my feet ...
.....wish i can go back in time to stomp my foot off ;)...
First of all Thanks u to who came ,dance ,played , supports n shared!!!!.......Big Thanks to everyone who help created Rhythmic Earth 2010 thanks to all Djs n Artists for your supports
,,, Thanks you to all wonderful friends who helped , the Happy Chicken , Joel n Frans , Our Brother Secret weapons , T-Quest , luminous Light , Pegasuarus , REGEN, Benny Pineapple , sisters Ixchel and all awesome valunteers ....u all are so legend warming my heart ...

....thanks to Josie to created the space for everyone n not to forget to Thumps up for Andy the land owner who has got a really kind heart n magical valley ......myself obviously sleepless at the party but everything was luminous my heart ......awesome satisfaction feeling after all ......
fareastghost

Thx everybody in Rhythmic Earth
especially Pawana!
I'm going to back to Japan next early morning.
it was super nice experience to play on the party in Australia.
Beautiful place , Beautiful people and really killer party.

hope I can come to Australia someday with my new set.

Keep on rockin'!

Takeomi
Far East Ghost
http://www.myspace.com/fareastghost
http://www.fareastghost.com/
kathmandu

Glacial wrote :
Galactic Monkey wrote :
Its shaping up to be a mini Australian psycrowdelica, super pumped for it.

:killah:
fareastghost

and anybody has my photo?
i dont have any of my photo on stage

please contact me from my website
http://www.fareastghost.com/english/contact.html
omnava25

no time , just want to say i had an awesome wkend thanks shapeshifters
KOKIDOO

fareastghost wrote :
and anybody has my photo?
i dont have any of my photo on stage

please contact me from my website
http://www.fareastghost.com/english/contact.html

I got on video will send it to u ,,,,,hope flight back home is all good for u ....pls send me some pics...
Shapeshifters

That was one hectic journey for us, last minute changes and alterations that only we know about... phewie **happy** it still got pulled off and you all come with your phat loving vibes :D

Big thank you to all of you for injecting such positive energy and support to Rhythmic Earth.. ALL of you were such an important ingredient to the Rhythmic creation.

Utmost respect and many thanks to Joel and Fran, Raffi and Haig legend status to us eternally!

Super thanks to Sasha our capable pussycat system purr master. Bain, Pegasaurus, Pete, Peter, Kate, Tim, Brendon (tops effort), Brendon and Mia (also in legendary status.. u guys lovely. Sharron and Bindi, ur moral support gave me new buzz each time. Max, rescue puppy. All our fabulous door volunteers, vigilant i hear ;0) Jeannie, Benny Pineapples, Roger, Nadia, Adam, Lisa, Twinkle and buddies, Chris, Chester, Phil, Ben and Elliot.. shine on, fire performers.. Cem and crew! Marizoo.. amazing the confusion that created ;0) An extra thanks to shammie pspiralife for making the most with me, helping in the outward mission of slippery roads and generators and rubbish! Adventure in Sydney, you're welcome back anytime matey! Looking forward to increasing my connections to Tassie through all time. Good times good times :bounce:

How awesome were all of our talents on each stage! Thank you for making it so much fun for us on the dancefloor.. **clapping again*

Lastly I want to apologise to those who suffered at door due to my mistake of not updating my portable info's for doorlist print out (OUCH) Room for improvement there ;0)

Rubbish: Thank you to those who took their's with them. I could tell some of you did, you rock! Step by step rubbish sitch gets better hey :0) thanks! All in all the recycling went well so we'll continue this new tradition.. well worth it :D

LOST property. I do have a few items of clothing. Let us know if you misplaced some things.

So we should thank Andy hey. What an awesome site! He told me he loved our crowd and thought it was tops as... sooooo we can go back next year! This means a lot to us and the level of productiion and organisation we can put together in the next year!

Take care everyone... full respect ♥

yew 8-)
61 posts Page 1 of 3