Rythmic Earth 02/04/10-04/04/10

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
61 posts Page 2 of 3
Meltdown
Site Admin

Awesome party! Really enjoyed getting away for the weekend. Thanks Kok/Josie/ShapeShifters for another great festival. A lot of effort must have gone into that, and I think the vibe paid off. Hope there are many more to come. Awesome yearly addition to the doof calendar :) Was nice seeing a lot of old faces too.

Have to say, the lighting there was superb! Fucking nice work Pete - the lighting on that main night was VERY cool - loved the spirals. Music was great, really enjoyed Reece's set very cool night music, awesome groove. Koks set was insane - solid energy - you rock! Sunrunner, and Orphea & Haigs set were superb. Widespread's set was solid, no thanks to that fking Meltdown! Third Drop Reflections melodies came soaring through my headspace during an interesting trip... through the valley :) Too many acts to mention - enjoyed the music throughout.

The highlight for me was the epic extended 6+ hour mixup by Galaktic vs Darkchild vs Rhyhmic Sun - they just locked into the groove and kept going & going. They got the opportunity to do what they do best (long epic journeys), and it was fking awesome. Guided it through the afternoon, evening and into the night beautifully. Was incredible going up & seeing the desk/decks - every single part of desk space was used up from open CD cases they were going through - around about 20 cases! They used up more desk space than a live act - haha. Was actually a bit disappointed when they seemed to get abruptly replaced? Then after some volume weirdness the music got turned off? Would have been nice to just let them keep going. They were clearly humming along in the zone. But I guess it had to end some time. The last night felt extremely quiet after that.

Again, great party - thanks to all involved. :)
Rythmic sun

Had a great time,thanks heaps to all involved :D .
The set up was massive and vibe of the party was perfect the whole time.It was great to catch up with everyone.
Really enjoyed all the music i heard.
Just wanted to say thanks to GOARaffi for inviting me up for a mix and for sharing just a portion of your huge music collection with us, i really enjoyed it, hope we can do it again soon :D and GOAHaig wow you've got some great music my friend, seriously you should warn us before playing some of those tracks.
Next time i want to see a 48 hr GoaRaffi vs GoaHaig set :wink:
look forward to next year :) :)
KOKIDOO

Rythmic sun wrote :
Had a great time,thanks heaps to all involved :D .
The set up was massive and vibe of the party was perfect the whole time.It was great to catch up with everyone.
Really enjoyed all the music i heard.
Just wanted to say thanks to GOARaffi for inviting me up for a mix and for sharing just a portion of your huge music collection with us, i really enjoyed it, hope we can do it again soon :D and GOAHaig wow you've got some great music my friend, seriously you should warn us before playing some of those tracks.
Next time i want to see a 48 hr GoaRaffi vs GoaHaig set :wink:
look forward to next year :) :)

:bounce: ....hahhah......48 hours of u guys...just delicious superb ideas :wink:
FRACAS

Thanks heap Shapeshifter team, awsome weekend.
Took a little while to get the dancefloor into full steam, but when it got going it was going off....
System probably sounded tooo good flowing down the valley you could just hang out at camp and hear everything( well done to mr Bain and Sasha)...
Wicked lights pete !! that projection on to the dancefloor was a ripper...
Music through saturday night and all of sunday was really nice journey, all sets were great...
Mix up at the end was epic(Galaktik ,Darkchild, Rythmic sun) :killah: shame on the arsehats for ruining that vibe that had been built up so well.
Cool site too ...Thanks to andy ....
VJ DAMAGE

Thank you beautiful sisters for such a lovely party. Josie and Kok you are amazing and inspiring.

Fantastic location, so many frogs! Looking forward to going back next year. You girls truly deserve such a site to create your magic. Well proud of Josie for how clean the site was left, with you *still* sorting recycling on tues am. And Kok, thanking you for the constant loo cleaning, hero!

So many old and new friends, so good to see. Thanks all who visited our stall and played with us.

Super production all round. Thank you super special sounds guys, Sasha and Bain for again treating my spoilt ears to the lovely REGEN rig purring to perfection (even with Sasha being so ill before and during the party). Pete, you champion, as always one of the last to leave the site, we love your work (& remain much impressed with your nobility in the face of adversity).

Great to hear T-Quest anthems again, its been to long, always good to have a T-Quest presence at a party, the chill was a welcome respite besides being a neat little stage in its own right. Raffi & Haig you are such gentlemen!

Musical timing and the journey created was spot on, with clearly much thought gone into the planing and the flow. Agreed, it was pity about the hijackers/arsehats on the last night, but will not pollute this thread with any more on that :roll:

Loved this party, to me it was a welcome visit to the past, with the production and values of the doofs I used to know and love.

thank you, again shapeshifters, crew and volunteers for creating something so special.
:love: :love: :love:
mrbadgerman

VJ DAMAGE wrote :
Agreed, it was pity about the hijackers/arsehats on the last night, but will not pollute this thread with any more on that :roll:

Whoops. But we didn't hijack anything, we only asked.
2nd17th

that projection on to the dancefloor was a ripper...

that was someone else who had the projector, it is a good effect. im making up a heap of those patterns for future parties.
ionized

Bummed I couldn't make it, sounds like it was a good party. Heard nothing but good reports and an intimate vibe. :bonfire:

VJ DAMAGE wrote :

Fantastic location, so many frogs!

Noice!

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Just got back!

Improvements
(I think after over ten years doofing and 8 years doing lighting I can reserve the right to suggest changes...)
Take my advice anyway you want!
Don't take a piss behind the stage, the punishment could be 415 volts to your genitalia or an amusing story to tell your grandkids.

Good advice there!
Darkchild

thank u to everyone involved for a truly fun w/end :) it takes alot of energy effort and love to put on a gathering and it all came along sweetly :) the production was amazing and so was the vibe :)

had lots of fun catching up with everyone and doing the chill ~ alternative area and big thank u to all the artists who played and those who helped out :) lots of great music all w/end :) cheers to twinkle and friends for the chai area and all the other stall holders :)

it was great fun playing back to back with johnny rhythmic sun and haig galaktik it truly felt like we been only playing for a couple of hours and could have easily continued on the nice roller coaster ride :)

to the guys who jumped on after us..mates imho if we human beings dont have respect..we have nothing!! it was unpleasant and disrespectful..really hope u guys take the right steps and sinecerly apologise to the promoters and sasha secret weapon

once again big thank u to everyone for a fun and inspiring w/end :) thank u for the kind words :) also big thank u to secret weapon..misha..shapeshifters..andy and everyone for sharing the love :love:

keep on smiling ~ respect the land beautiful mother nature ~ and do whatever makes ur heart smiles :) :love:

lotsa love and blessings ~ raffi :love:
spangk

Hey people, i still have some lost property, clothing basically. Please make contact as I am low on space in my home so will be keen to pass it on to others for keeping soon. Would be sad knowing it's not mine to give away :shock:
spangk

mrbadgerman wrote :
VJ DAMAGE wrote :
Agreed, it was pity about the hijackers/arsehats on the last night, but will not pollute this thread with any more on that :roll:

Mate I think you're in position to be honest right now. I only wish I'd been on site. From what I heard it was way out of line. Is a shame you have such a negative attitude toward our scene. You get what you give as they say. Zero agro tolerance, doof lore.
mrbadgerman

spangk wrote :
mrbadgerman wrote :
VJ DAMAGE wrote :

Mate I think you're in position to be honest right now. I only wish I'd been on site. From what I heard it was way out of line. Is a shame you have such a negative attitude toward our scene. You get what you give as they say. Zero agro tolerance, doof lore.

Yeah well i am. I didn't go agro, that was some other guy. I only played music.
spangk

Of course it was someone else. You were an innocent party taking over the decks at a party you had no ticket to right? Poor form. My system of sound, not yours. Work it out man, it can't be too hard :idea:
VJ DAMAGE

mrbadgerman wrote :

^^ perhaps more people witnessed what happened than you realise or possibly you are not aware of the impact your actions have on other people. Either way, sound advice has been offerred to you in the posts above.
mrbadgerman

VJ DAMAGE wrote :

^^ perhaps more people witnessed what happened than you realise or possibly you are not aware of the impact your actions have on other people. Either way, sound advice has been offerred to you in the posts above.

To clear things up, i wasn't the person walking around yelling abuse at the end. I said nothing, got my stuff and left
VJ DAMAGE

Yes, you were not the only one involved. You were not the one shouting insults at Sasha that echoed all over the valley. At the end.

But. There was also a start and a very long, ugly, middle.
Ugly Bunyip

What where you even doing there? Where you not the same guy advocating free party options on the thread on this site promoting this event. At the end of the day this scene is small and we exist by people respecting and supporting each other. Your actions before and at this event show none of this character.

At the very least you owe Josie an apology rather than presenting lame excuses to justify your behavour. Man up and acccept your actions where not right.
spangk

I don't expect an apology so much as hope this kind of attitude doesn't come near my space again. He wasn't the only one involved.. the other dudes where out of line too, wish I hadn't had to make that airport run... no way on earth this would have got so far. I'm the one who's sorry in that regard.
mrbadgerman

spangk wrote :
I don't expect an apology so much as hope this kind of attitude doesn't come near my space again. He wasn't the only one involved.. the other dudes where out of line too, wish I hadn't had to make that airport run... no way on earth this would have got so far. I'm the one who's sorry in that regard.

I didn't have a bad attitude, i was happy to be there after a long eventful weekend before. I also asked kok if i could play, and didn't tell them they had to stop either... So what is the problem with my actions?
spangk

The problem is the context in which u tell that story... not exactly correct I've been told, from the horses mouth. I'll be leaving it there on this thread.

Except to say.. You do have a bad attitude, or perhaps you are simply ignorant, i don't know you so can only judge your actions. You have bad manners, you allowed your actions to result into an escalated abusive situation and stand over tactics toward crew. All three of you did. As I said, that's not welcome. You're not a child any more, you are responsible for the outcome and direction your own actions take. We all are.
FRACAS

mrbadgerman wrote :
I didn't have a bad attitude,

mrbadgerman wrote :
hmmm i wonder if theres a good free party alternative this weekend ???????

mrbadgerman wrote :
Hey Pete mayby if you didn't piss off the whole community your trying to work with by being an arrogant cunt, spamming old pedophile, and whinny self centered dickhead, then they wouldn't steal off you, or at least feel an obligation to help you get your items returned to you. Hell mayby if you weren't such a cunt someone might actually help you and talk to you at a party :D I guess you must like digging your own trenches.

Arrogant little arsehat....... i dont like "doof politics" but when one seems to have shards up their arse, pointing it out may be the only way it may assist you in sorting your rig out???

Now wasn't rythmic earth a fantastic shindig .... well done girls...Look forward to next year being bigger and better....XXoo
Pete_Paranoid

Badgerman, I only came to the party after the promoters calmed me down and on the agreement you wouldn't be there, it stopped me from going to Newtown court and getting an AVO against you so you would hurt yourself on live equipment. Whatever you say is irrelevant here as you should of not been allowed on site.
Meltdown
Site Admin

mrbadgerman wrote :

Even if it wasn't you who were shouting/getting agro, wouldn't it be the normal thing to do to pull back your friends and tell them to lay off? Did you just stand back and watch them shouting agro at some of the most respected/hard working sound guys/promoters there are? This is after stepping in & ending that 6+ hour epic set from djs who should have been left on to keep going. It was a disrespectful way to end an awesome party. I don't understand why people would want to bring this agro/attitude to parties..
Pete_Paranoid

mrbadgerman wrote :
Hmmm i was informed the whole time i was welcome to come, so again pete, mind your own buisness, and if you don't like conflicts with me, don't speak bullshit on the internet in public forums about me.

Ban him...
Mλtt

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
mrbadgerman wrote :
Hmmm i was informed the whole time i was welcome to come, so again pete, mind your own buisness, and if you don't like conflicts with me, don't speak bullshit on the internet in public forums about me.

Ban him...

Because censoring people is fun!
61 posts Page 2 of 3