PSYKOVSKY

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
46 posts Page 1 of 2
SubStance

Wow. How lucky are we. I woke up sat morning to what appeared to be the wettest day this year but as we are leaving the city the rain dried up and we were given a night of almost perfect weather. The roads were in excellent condition and the views over looking the wine country were spectacular. Lots of wildlife and through the thick lush forest. The setup was well executed and the 21inch sub wall was phat.

Psykovsky music was amazing, i wish i hadn't started that bottle of port and then maybe i wouldn't have missed a huge chunk in middle of his set. His Synth layers are off tap, very hypnotic and thrashable on the dancefloor. Music for your body and your brain. Thankyou Memski for bringing such a massive act to NSW.

Im pretty tired now so Im gonna cut this short but thankyou to everyone who made this a very special event.
kayhat

Can't wait for NNSW sessions next week! :bounce: :mrgreen:
ionized

What an incredible experience. I'd heard a bit of Psykovsky before coming to this party, but nothing could have prepared me for this. The man is obviously obscenely talented. The ease of which he played with the emotions on the dancefloor, painted soundscapes. It was just beautiful, hypnotic, psychedelic, shifting, cascading music. It sounded like glass and wind and fire with some elements that reminded you of psytrance. Never heard anything like it in my years of doofing and I doubt anything else will come much close.

Incredible shame that there was not more support for this party though. Sad days indeed that more people were not interested in experiencing a truly psychedelic artist like this. Still, the intimate vibe did add to the experience and the people that were there were very appreciative.

Massive props to Mehmet for bringing this genius to Sydney!!
Peril

*crying* tell me more.
grotesque

no words can describe how insanely good the music was. thanks to all the organisers and dj's for this memorable party!
FRACAS

Psykovsky was :shock: .... Somewhat like beautiful crystilline infinate fractals with some explosives attached being forced through some speakers , a true russian cosmonaut!!!
My charkras need mending :?
ionized wrote :
Sad days indeed that more people were not interested in experiencing a truly psychedelic artist like this. Still, the intimate vibe did add to the experience and the people that were there were very appreciative.

Massive props to Mehmet for bringing this genius to Sydney!!
azidtripz

Cheers to mem for having us down.

The site was nice, the setup was great and the people were awesome, (nice crew you have down there)

a pity not enough supported you, pretty good especially for a first party.

-Giles
paultrax

definitely should go down as the set of the year an amazing artist! with a huge bag of tricks, six hours of utter captivation, it will take some beating to upstage this guy he has the production quality of idm gods like aphex twin,boards of canada not once did he miss a beat with more twists an turns than a bush road
fair play to memeth and all involved for bringing an artist of his quality to n.s.w :killah:
anyone who has the chance to check this guy out in the future DO you will not be dissapointed :mrgreen:
Last edited by paultrax on Mon May 24, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ionized

Peril wrote :
*crying* tell me more.

He created a 4 dimensional space with sound and filled it with images that you watched with your ears.

There was something strangely harmonic about some of his music too... He would hit these deep rhythms occasionally and I for one just found myself actually trancing out. Thought I might be imagining it, but a few other people I spoke to noticed a similar thing.

Just amazing.

:atom:
azidtripz

Couple of pix, didn't get many though :(

bio[diversity]

Sorry Mem, work got the better of me. Gutted i missed it. Hope you had fun.
Buzz_BR

Had a great time there, Psykovsky simply f*cked my mind with his insane music.
The site was perfect, wish all doofs were there, as well as the weather (freezing, but that´s the best weather for dark psy) and no rain.
Thanks Memski and crew for bringing such a great artist to Australia.
Galactic Monkey

Great party. Huge thanks to Memski as everyone else said for helping realise our common dream of 8 years of seeing the maestro in action. It was an honor to open for my favorite artist of all and to witness this great man at work. Seeing him on that mixer was like watching a great painter putting strokes on canvas, a magical sight :) :) :) As far as his music goes... no comment, words cannot describe what he does, all I can say is that noone comes close IMO, not just in psytrance, I am yet to hear a better composer out of anything that I've ever heard.

Thank you everyone for turning up to this party and being a part of this truly magical experience, so glad that we got to experience this :) :) :)
Peril

ionized wrote :
Peril wrote :
*crying* tell me more.

He created a 4 dimensional space with sound and filled it with images that you watched with your ears.

There was something strangely harmonic about some of his music too... He would hit these deep rhythms occasionally and I for one just found myself actually trancing out. Thought I might be imagining it, but a few other people I spoke to noticed a similar thing.

Just amazing.

*sobbing* Fanx man.
KOKIDOO

Definitely worth being 12 full years with psychedelic then to experience psykovsky pure profesional creations .......no words can describe ........how divine n complex his music was .........Truly beyond imaginations!!!!! .....i'm so glad that i'm finally get to witness this!!! incredible technically intensly psychedelic ....:killah: .........best psychedelic artist of all

bom chankar to Memski !!!! for a wicked treat!!!! super killer mate!!!!!! thanks you ..thanks you !!!!
rollyz

Oh, why didn't someone tell me....
Galactic Monkey

rollyz wrote :
Oh, why didn't someone tell me....

Gotta read the events section ;)

Quick, you can still catch him in Brisbane!!! It will be totally worth the trip, drop whatever you are doing and go!!! :) :) :)
veil

Our crew had a great time @ this event - good diverse selection of artists , funny people & strange music throughout , I spent the last hour or 2 of Psykovsky roving around the bush & listening to it all from a fair distance away , very dreamlike & multidimensional.

good one mem.

yikes
DimentiatronX

Thanks heaps to the organisers for putting that party on. Really nice atmosphere and a super human preformance by Psykovsky, afterwards it felt like a torrent of data had been implanted in my mind :P
Mahaud

Definitely one of the best parties i have ever been to. Psykovsky is beyond words, beyond imgagination, beyond performance. Never seen someone not only mix so perfectly for so long, but also put on such a show - guy knew every second of every song, would build up his show ages before the song followed his actions, had this tripped out thing going on with his ... tongue in his cheek? Bizarre! And even after his set, still went on with his performance. Sublime artist, missing that would have been foolish indeed!

Biggest up to Mems.
Pete_Paranoid

This was one of the funniest parties I've been to in my life.
I liked Psykovsky's set! I know Psykovsky isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I liked the "Happy Birthday" song he played, very nice work! (If someone could tell me where I could find a copy of the song it would be appreciated.)
Even though wasn't on the dance floor I also liked Atreyu's set, it really helped lighten up the dance floor after six hours of Psykovsky.
I also like MrMention's set, even though for half of it I felt lost in european soft pr0n film.
Thanks to Vando and Mem and all the others that stayed back to help pack up!

Boom, boom, boom!
kathmandu

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
, I liked the "Happy Birthday" song he played, very nice work! (If someone could tell me where I could find a copy of the song it would be appreciated.)

Boom, boom, boom!

I think its from his latest album Da Budet

why so few people in the pictures. Same thing happened when Astral Projection played in as well.:(
traveller

Wow! what can I say that hasnt been said..

Psykovsky played the most beautiful and powerful set Ive ever heard,
what totally cosmic ridiculousness that was!
Theres something about his music that just makes me unable
to stop smiling :D

Thankyou to everyone who came out to play with us,
everyone was there with such good energy and intentions
it made the already awesome site even more beautiful :)

I could also feel that every artist that played really
put in their best, I enjoyed every single set so much
thankyou :D

Really though this party would not have worked anywhere near
as well if it wasnt for the amazing help and good vibes of Vando,
the NPC, Pete, and GNS Audio...
Seriously guys from the bottom of my heart Thankyou all so much
this was really important for me and you all came through with
more than I could have ever hoped I will remember this forever

Much love also goes to the Doof Gods who blessed us with
clear skies and perfect weather despite the rain all around :)

Psykovsky also says this was one of the most enjoyable parties
he has been to...he loved meeting everyone and asks that if
anyone has any photos or vids to please get in touch I can
pass them on to him.

Kathmandu: there arent many people in those pics because
there werent many people who came...only 85 people in the end.

I felt sad that more people didnt come to experience something as
wonderful as this but in the end it did help to make it all even
more special as we had such a master playing just for us hehe...
Ive lost a fair amount of money and will be in debt for a while,
but I would do all it again, this has been the most amazing and inspiring
thing i have ever been a part of :D

Pete: yeah that happy birthday track is heaps cool :dance:
he has a very interesting choice of samples indeed haha

BooM!!
psyfather

One of the lucky 85....Psykovsky...Mem ski..Universky...I love you all. :bonfire:
Galactic Monkey

traveller wrote :
Psykovsky also says this was one of the most enjoyable parties
he has been to...

Because we rock!!!

traveller wrote :
Ive lost a fair amount of money and will be in debt for a while,
but I would do all it again, this has been the most amazing and inspiring
thing i have ever been a part of :D

Fundraiser ;)
46 posts Page 1 of 2