PSYKOVSKY

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
46 posts Page 2 of 2
paultrax

[/quote]Fundraiser ;)[/quote]
definitely :dj: a shame that money was lost on this party
infidelthetexan

what a shame you lost money! would have made it out there if i'd had the dough... ironic, huh. such a pity to have missed such a great artist! but at least some people got to see him.
-wednesday
kayhat

YOU guys lost money! :?

We had fifteen paying people for psycovsky up in NNSW!

Pure bliss though, the sound and everything was immaculate about the party. Just a shame no-one else came to share in all this! :P :lol:
azidtripz

kayhat wrote :
We had fifteen paying people for psycovsky up in NNSW!

wow, that's ridiculous :( :(
Marsoups

yeah.. well there was another massive doof on the same night in Lismore, and let me be honest, the marketing for the psykovsky party in NNSW was dismal.

If you're going to bring psykovsky over, at least get fliers and a big supporting lineup onto the bill!
Galactic Monkey

It was not our intention to have a massive line up and a big party, we really wanted a more intimate kind of event. We did expect a few more people to show up than the numbers that we got but what happenned is what happenned. Other than the money lost, we were very happy with the way our party turned out and getting to play with and see our number one artist in action.
brainstorma

been looking forward to seeing him play

he is playing main stage at ozora

cant wait to get there now after these reports
kayhat

Marsoups wrote :
yeah.. well there was another massive doof on the same night in Lismore, and let me be honest, the marketing for the psykovsky party in NNSW was dismal.

If you're going to bring psykovsky over, at least get fliers and a big supporting lineup onto the bill!

Why do you have to have a big supporting line-up on the bill? It's not needed.

I agree with you about the promotion, but flyers aren't nessecerily needed to get people to a party, this was proven all the time in the past during the corndale hall days. It was supposed to be via the grapevine, and a lot of people DID know about the party but didn't go because it was cold, they were sick, and a host of other excuses.

The party was prolly on the wrong time of year.
2nd17th

they didnt do any advertising, thats why it flopped.

i dont have any big names and pull over 400 to sounds psylly events. its all about how much energy and effort you do in the lead up. if you attend all the parties and get the word out then u will always have a good turn out. also dont put on a party the same day as mothers day or some other hallmark day.
Thetasonic

I think your missing the point. This party was intended as a ritual. Music to be used as a portal. It wasn't something that the promoter wanted to advertise and get massive turnout, in fact the promoters were more worried about getting too many. This party called for a small bunch of like minded individuals experiencing a true master in psycho acoustics. People need to put more effort into finding these gigs cause sometimes they wont be layed out in your face. This party lost money but it was by no means unsuccessful.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

Thetasonic wrote :
This party lost money but it was by no means unsuccessful.

The success was measured in the smiles of the punters who did turn up & the frowns of those who missed out :)
noitnemretsim

it was a small crowd, but everyone their had big personality. And considering the people who brought him out are huge supporters of his music, almost fanboys. i reckon they didnt lose a cent. it was all money well spent. plus seeing psykovsky go nuts on vegemite was worth all the money.
venatrix

noitnemretsim wrote :
i reckon they didnt lose a cent. it was all money well spent.

Easy to say about someone else's money...
traveller

i think the posts above were talking about the qld gig,
with only 20 ppl attending or something :(

with the syd gig, some money was lost, but yes it was still worth it hehe
had i lost more tho it could have been a bit full on!

on a side note new psykovsky abum out now!!
check it!!

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/disp ... sp?id=8562
Galactic Monkey

traveller wrote :
i think the posts above were talking about the qld gig,
with only 20 ppl attending or something :(

with the syd gig, some money was lost, but yes it was still worth it hehe
had i lost more tho it could have been a bit full on!

on a side note new psykovsky abum out now!!
check it!!

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/disp ... sp?id=8562

My copy is in the mail :) Man, what he played at the show, especially the last hour and a half was just something that was so far beyond anything that I've ever heard!!!
ionized

Galactic Monkey wrote :
My copy is in the mail :) Man, what he played at the show, especially the last hour and a half was just something that was so far beyond anything that I've ever heard!!!

Yes!!

I still remember the vibe in my head of those last hours. It felt like there was this consciousness that was projecting sound into this reality and then channeling the experience back into itself and in doing so, making a reality feedback loop that harmonized these screaming unity fractals approaching infinity.

So awesome :alien:
traveller

:atom:
Pete_Paranoid

Thetasonic wrote :
I think your missing the point. This party was intended as a ritual. Music to be used as a portal. It wasn't something that the promoter wanted to advertise and get massive turnout, in fact the promoters were more worried about getting too many. This party called for a small bunch of like minded individuals experiencing a true master in psycho acoustics. People need to put more effort into finding these gigs cause sometimes they wont be layed out in your face. This party lost money but it was by no means unsuccessful.

Awesome post.

azidtripz wrote :

Awesome shot.

It had exactly the same intimacy as parties 10 years ago. None of this cheesy Israeli shit floating about these days.
noitnemretsim

Haha, Phil is hogging psykovsky.
Pete_Paranoid

QFT! :D
paultrax

what a party throw in abit of :killah: add a smidge of :atom: a dash of :bounce: mix it up for seven hours or so and you get :D
46 posts Page 2 of 2