OZORA hungary 2010

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
brainstorma

ok just made it out of ozora
in my nice safe caccoon of a hotel right below the castle and by the river

that was a mission

first festival over 4 days
and im hurting in lots of places
first festival done on the minimal side (weight restrictions on plane) and i think if i do it again i have to have a van and or drive from uk with full set up

organisation wise
just liek every other festival
totaly pants at keeping on time
energy wise top notch
peopel getting in my face trying to sell rugs to me? felt like i wanted to take a base ball bat to them by the end
note to dealer
if i want rugs i will find you. dont get rigth in my face (in the case of one guy literally inches away) trying to convince me i want to buy what you have

fod wise
the pizza by the chill was top notch
i lived on vego random pizza for pretty much the whole festival
and kept me entertained while i waited for pizza as well

highlights
a full nigth/day of goa
man made man suprise set
green nuns live
raja ram and chicargo back to back (not cheesy at all)
liquid soul track plasting out telling every one "not every thing is ok, not every thing is alright"
younger brother live set
vibrasphire
andromeda
ott (though i had a bit of a bad belly after a bad curry so had to run away and make friends with a porta potty)
the maze mase (though i thought it would be longer and more confusing to get around (mind i was sober when i did it)
seeing friends i hadnt seen in a long time (in one case 6 yrs)
hanging out with the access all areas crew at the info tent and giving them a helping hand

low points
blue planet corp (it went no where and sounded shit (maybe i needed to be on shit loads of rugs to get it)) but i walked away cause couldne put up with it any more
missing hallucinogen suprise live set cause of the blue plan corp debarcle
watching a thai lantern brst into flames and take out a small section of the shade structure and kand in a burnign pile into the croud
the rug dealers

best wake up
storm on friday morning
started with wind that shook my tent and woke me up
then it died away and then came the thunder that rolled over me from one side of the festival over the top of me and left the other side then the rain came
and pelted every one (floodying my friends camp (i camped on the other side up on top of a hill so was safe)
then the fun really started
mm mud party

over all i think i will be back
but next time will prob do a shorter festival
not the full 7 day mission

happy snaps to come
brainstorma

ok took a little while to get back to editing photos but here they

took about 200 while there
was only really happy with about 30 of them to edit to a set

there are a couple of vids i may add later if peopel want to see them

ozora is so much like rainbow but biger and with a big bar to get rotten drunk at rigth next to main floor
with 1l bottles of wine for 4 euro and cans of beer for 2 euro

green ant need to get there licence to sell alcohol
venatrix

brainstorma wrote :
ozora is so much like rainbow but biger and with a big bar to get rotten drunk at rigth next to main floor

What a shit idea.
tract

This post would have been excellent on facebook, you could have shared pictures via a gallery there too!

:)
brainstorma

venatrix wrote :
brainstorma wrote :

What a shit idea.

about as cheap an idea as your face

cheap and nasty
brainstorma

tract wrote :
This post would have been excellent on facebook, you could have shared pictures via a gallery there too!

:)

thats funny i thought i was revueing a party in the party revue thread

knob jocky
MotherShabubu

brainstorma wrote :
blue planet corp (it went no where and sounded shit (maybe i needed to be on shit loads of rugs to get it)) but i walked away cause couldne put up with it any more

Meh, each to their own I guess. I really liked it. Went nowhere in particular so you could take it anywhere you wanted. A real highlight for me, especially after I was getting a little bored of the samey (though nice quality) UK daytime full-on before that.
And was great watching how 95% of people had no idea how to take it and couldn't dance to it and the other 5% were going off.
And I wasn't that trashed either.

brainstorma wrote :
missing hallucinogen suprise live set cause of the blue plan corp debarcle

Though BPC was certainly topped by the amazing-ness of Posford's set. Those tiny little tweaks that turn tracks you know inside out on their head. Such sonic mastery.
MotherShabubu

venatrix wrote :
brainstorma wrote :

What a shit idea.

Given that here you have to choose between a bar and BYO I think BYO is the right way to go, but having a bar with well-priced drinks and BYO is win all the way.
venatrix

MotherShabubu wrote :
Given that here you have to choose between a bar and BYO I think BYO is the right way to go, but having a bar with well-priced drinks and BYO is win all the way.

Yep, with the taxation levels of booze in this country coupled with draconian nanny state licensing laws any licensed bar at a doof over here is going to be heinously expensive, serve a limited range of shitty drinks (all in cans mind you, no glass), and subject to RSA and police visits.

BYO is expensive enough as it is, and will continue to rise in price (particularly if the proposed volume tax comes into place (under this ruling a cask of wine would rise to about $20 due to the volume of liquid rather than the % of alcohol content).
tract

brainstorma wrote :
thats funny i thought i was revueing a party in the party revue thread

knob jocky

I've never seen a turtle... But I understand what you mean.
timbo82

the highlight for me was the sound system ive never been blown away by a system that loud and clear. the bars are necessary there because you aren't able to find ice in europe. i tried after 7 hrs of driving found a few bags to keep my coles brand equivelant beer cold.
second night heard sensient, z (rock comedy / dark psy) then irgum burgum(highlight) followed by an eppic 4hr set by psykovsky who dance his way all over the stage.

and when people kept trying to sell my extremely high quality drugs i just said no but was definitely not offended.

best party ive ever been too.
11 posts Page 1 of 1