nye - new psycle

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
48 posts Page 2 of 2
Psyduck

Had only been to a couple of very small private doofs before, mainly as a spectator and not really participating,
just happened to be good friends with the people organising it. This was my first proper experience of it and I loved every second.
Met so many great people and can't think of a better way to have started the new year. Thanks to the organisers very much.
Cybele

Thanks to all the great people involved for the pumping energy and bliss...a very special thanks indeed to Benny Abuse who put me on with Megatron on the main night and made my start of 2011 an indelible sweet memory! :killah:
I loved catching up with the smiles & stories of old and new friends after months away and was thrilled to dance the powerful sunny morning sets of Yobi & Psillium :D

Thanks Lloyd for welcoming us again on your heavenly hot property :wink:

Happy New Psycle!!!
venatrix

shtonkalot wrote :
That's him.
Here is a better crop.

Another picture.

His first name is Chris.

Thank you. If anyone knows his last name please post it.

It is unacceptable for anyone to commit sexual assault.

It is a serious criminal act and should not be tolerated.

I don't know if it is more concerning that it happened in the first place,
or that once it had occurred nothing was done about it.
herbsandspices

Surely it's a matter for the alleged victim or victims to make a complaint about any alleged conduct of others if they think that the conduct is worth reporting.
venatrix

herbsandspices wrote :
Surely it's a matter for the alleged victim or victims to make a complaint about any alleged conduct of others if they think that the conduct is worth reporting.

If you mean telling the organisers, this clearly happened.

If you mean telling the police.... watch it dude.

There are four possible courses of action to be taken when this kind of thing occurs:

1. Do nothing.

2. Have the person removed from the event.

3. Have a few guys take him into a quiet part of the bush and ensure he gets the message about his behaviour not being tolerated and then have him removed from the event.

4. Report it to the police when you get back from the party.

Option 1 is not an option.

Option 2 is the safest option.

Option 3 is a pretty effective way of getting the message across but carries potential legal ramifications for the people who send him the message.

Option 4 has legal ramifications for everybody.
PsiloBuds

I'm just going to add that i know said offender personally, what i have heard about his behavior ( i did not witness it )
sounds unacceptable and should not go un-punished to set future examples
but i dont think he is the "serial creep molester" some are making him out to be,
i'm sure he'd be painfully reflecting on his actions right now as he should be
maybe its time to hold back on the personal attacks and pot stirring
shtonkalot

PsiloBuds wrote :
I'm just going to add that i know said offender personally, what i have heard about his behavior ( i did not witness it )
sounds unacceptable and should not go un-punished to set future examples
but i dont think he is the "serial creep molester" some are making him out to be,
i'm sure he'd be painfully reflecting on his actions right now as he should be
maybe its time to hold back on the personal attacks and pot stirring

This isn't about personal attacks or causing drama.
This is about solving an issue.
Chris or Crispy has been known to have caused similar problems before. I'm not just making shit up to make him look bad. I have been told by someone who I have full faith in that he was pulled up for something to do with harassing a woman or women at last years party. I have since been contacted by someone that has lived with him and whose girlfriend had some issue with him being a creep.

Chris or Crispy hasn't admitted or apologised for what he did. As far as I know he hasn't done anything about his problem.
I've been told by someone who is close to him that this is out of character but the other evidence I'm hearing seems to suggest otherwise.

As far as I and some other individuals are concerned there is no question this guy has a problem. The only question is what will be done about it and who will stand up and make sure it is.
I believe the best course of action is to let as many people as possible know about this guy. If he isn't prepared to admit to his problems and do something about them then this seems the only thing I can reasonably do to help ensure others aren't affected by his problem.

I'll hold back when something can be demonstrated to have changed. I'm not sure he's "painfully reflecting on his actions" but I am sure at least one of those he affected has painfully reflected on that experience several times.
FRACAS

Thanks for a sweet new years mr abuse, and the rest of the crew that made this event happen.
Mr Lloyd u rocketh as does your sweet sweet place, thankyou..
Best wishes to ALL for the new cycle!!

Megatron and Cybele....sweet sweet tunes ...more of this!!!
herbsandspices

venatrix wrote :
herbsandspices wrote :

If you mean telling the police.... watch it dude.

I absolutely mean that. Lynch justice isn't.
treedreamer

hmm, i agree with spicey on the lynch-mob aspect and a photo is rather pre-emptive (slanderous even?) esp. if not put up by the girls having been harrassed even. (how very julian assange!).

gosh, i remember being man-handled at a doof a few times (i would say it's a major pitfall of said territory) but i have always found a very sharp jab or swift swipe at tender parts of the male physique to be very effective and they never, ever do it again no matter how high they are. strong verbal also works. they just seem to be working from another perspective altogether sometimes. as a female you gotta be mindful around some of the fellas at doofs (on the whole, the guys are very respectful i would say!)- some guys get all revved up on alcohol etc - i just find is best to stay pretty clear headed and keep your senses keen - just like in the real world huh! sigh.

doofs are a weird space sometimes - all those normal social rules about touching are vague, even though they should not be of course.

perhaps this young man didn't really understand his actions properly - alcohol etc? not to excuse of course...bloody drugs! - when you boys gonna learn these can really fuck up your persona and hurt others, even if you don't mean to! oh dear....
shtonkalot

The photos put up have been done so by people who were present at one incident. I may not have crotch grabbed up by a stranger under the water but I certainly have been effected by this creeps actions and want to let everyone else know.
My son was present when he did that shit.

I'm fairly concerned about what this guy could do to some young inebriated woman on her own in the dark. That is not the most uncommon situation at an outdoor all night party.

If you think it's enough to tell this guy not to do it again then we do not agree on what needs to be done about such a problem.
It is in no way acceptable to molest women, this guy has been called out before and is now being called out again. What if it was your girlfriend or mother he was genital groping?

Some people may suggest violence to answer this but I believe that will only end with the guy slinking off elsewhere. I think the name and shame approach is better.

All I can suggest is those that care about this person help him out, make him see he has an issue rather than trying to blame others or pretend he is unaware of what's going on so he can start to see how fucked his actions are.
hillbilly-farm-boy

I saw what he did and i saw his reaction. He needs help!!

If i see him at a party again i will make sure he is ejected immediately. if not by the organisers than i will do it myself. Im not even thinking About what he did to MY WIFE and my friends. I am thinking about the repercussions on our little community if something worse happened.
After my confrontation and witnessing his actions i can assure you all he is capable.

If i had believed that a good flogging would have sorted it all out i would have done it on the bank of the river there and then.

Seriously guys he has a major problem. Defending that in any way is reinforcing that he is not in need of help.

I seriously think we do not want the police involved unless absolutely necessary. However if this kind of behavior continues i think it would be needed, this is the last thing we need!
hillbilly-farm-boy

I mean cumon guys a lynch mob is not appropriate but neither is this guy at parties.

I have been assure that he will not be attending any parties in future, so in my opinion that is problem solved.
venatrix

hillbilly-farm-boy wrote :
I saw what he did and i saw his reaction. He needs help!!

If i see him at a party again i will make sure he is ejected immediately. if not by the organisers than i will do it myself. Im not even thinking About what he did to MY WIFE and my friends. I am thinking about the repercussions on our little community if something worse happened.
After my confrontation and witnessing his actions i can assure you all he is capable.

If i had believed that a good flogging would have sorted it all out i would have done it on the bank of the river there and then.

Seriously guys he has a major problem. Defending that in any way is reinforcing that he is not in need of help.

I seriously think we do not want the police involved unless absolutely necessary. However if this kind of behavior continues i think it would be needed, this is the last thing we need!

I mean cumon guys a lynch mob is not appropriate but neither is this guy at parties.

I have been assure that he will not be attending any parties in future, so in my opinion that is problem solved.

Pretty sensible, rational, and spot on.
SYNeR

Shit, I was in high school with this guy. Unfortunately his
last name escapes me at the moment though :(
Gillie

On a much brighterr note :) what a phatt party, i hadn't been to a real doof in approx 3years and had the best time, the sprinkler on the dance floor was a life saver and no doubt it helped keep the dance floor full. Was great to catch up with sooo... many friends whom i hadn't seen in years and also to meet a few new friends. How fuckin good is it to get dirty and be treated to phat assed tunes in the aussie bush, love it, cheers to all the guys and girls who made this possible, love ya all, keep it up, Gillie :killah:
2nd17th

i had to do some bush mechanics to get those sprinklers working. next year they will be setup before the carnival
shtonkalot

2nd17th wrote :
i had to do some bush mechanics to get those sprinklers working. next year they will be setup before the carnival
I've had some thoughts about that, they are life savers for sure.
You get the pumps (my aldi job didn't cut it) and I'll get some sprinklers ;)
Did you rig up the bigger sprinkler setup?
2nd17th

the aldi pump managed get a stream of water going but it had to pump a couple of metres up hill from the creek. they need a bigger hose off the pump
speekeesy

thanks for perserving - dancing in the day there would have been impossible otherwise.
Psyduck

I didn't dance in the day at all (unless you count 6 or 7am) but the idea of a sprinkler system over everyone is awesome. It's almost ineffable the people that I met and how well I get along with them now since I went to this doof!! :killah:
noitnemretsim

I thought I saw you there bern, missed out on seeing heaps of people. I had a nice time the drive back to coffs was a strenuous one.
hoffmahn

is this, or any other events being held around nye?
48 posts Page 2 of 2