Shpongle @ the enmore

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Marsoups

Was fucking awesome....

Good sound, acoustics etc., and a most enjoyable night.

Other than the knob that threw Raja's equipment into the crowd at the end, and stole equipment, the crowd was awesome..

Didn't get much quality footage on the iphone, didn't realise iphone have the shittest microphones' ever, so the most bearable piece of footage is an interlude.. hah.

Enjoyed the afterparty too!!! Raptor!!!! :D :bounce: :alien:
VJ DAMAGE

I thought the sound was pretty average, couldn't hear the vocals, and I was right in the sweet spot. They got it right for the last 5 tracks.

BUT, sound nazi that I am, for once I didn't care. It was amazing. Best thing ever in the universe.

Seen Simon Posford do Shpongle at least 5 times now, but this OMFG. The full live show is a Sphongle DJ set ramped not to 11 but 42

I finally get Raja Ram now, he isn't just bike shorts and silly dancing and a bit of flute. I love how he juggles the different sounds & the weird arse toy instruments he uses to illustrate the sounds. So hallucinogen plus Raja Ram = Shpongle, nod, it all makes senses.

I loved the bit where the brazilian dancer's top came off
I loved how EVERYONE was dancing so hard it hurt & the ceiling was dripping sweat
I loved how I was so stunned with the spectacle and the brillance and the energy that I literally could not speak for post coital bliss for a good half hour after.
Michelle Adamson's last dress made me want a german sparkle party.
Darn neat visuals too.

I am a long time screaming shpongle fan girl, but this, this was earth shatteringly good. The crowd milling around after they finished pretty much all had looks of stunned joy.

Next rip in the fabric of space and time - Sat night, main stage, Rainbow. With Alex and Allyson Grey doing live artworks. I'll fight you for the sweet spot :P

ps
I didn't like the boy who stole Raja Rams vecoder. I also didn't like how he ran straight into me and sera kitten as we stood by the exit in a quivering post shpongle daze. I saw you dude. Don't steal, don't steal from Raja Ram. I at look you with narrow eyes and I'm sure our paths will cross.
herbsandspices

I wasn't at this gig, but hmmm... Raja Ram not just bike shorts and silly dancing? It has seemed that way to me in the past when I've seen em.
Marsoups

VJ DAMAGE wrote :
ps
I didn't like the boy who stole Raja Rams vecoder. I also didn't like how he ran straight into me and sera kitten as we stood by the exit in a quivering post shpongle daze. I saw you dude. Don't steal, don't steal from Raja Ram. I at look you with narrow eyes and I'm sure our paths will cross.

Should have yelled 'Stop Thief!' at the top of your lungs!!

Anyone got any photos / video of said man ?
venatrix

Marsoups wrote :
VJ DAMAGE wrote :
ps

Yea, standing there and glaring kinda didn't stop him hey.

Hope the description I presume you provided to the promoter/venue/police/whoever was helpful.
VJ DAMAGE

Marsoups wrote :
VJ DAMAGE wrote :
ps

Shoulda crash tackled him. But when a munted punter near bowls you over and keeps running you don't actually get a chance to ask why they are running from security.
briandubb

I came for the asses and stayed for the sounds. :mrgreen:

and the drummer......a legend. :twisted:

and the stealing, or was it more of a kidnapping?.....in a strange way it's karmic back on Mr Pusford. The last time he came to Sydney was Erisian Fields in 2005, no? Yet he's been in Victoria since. Doth he forsake us? :shock:

He needs to do the following Karmic work for the ransom and then I'm sure the Sydney tribe will give them the gear back or make them some new one's ....Hallucinogen live in Sydney, Bello, Byron, Cairns, Darwin, Perth, Adelaide and then with the Mexicans in Melbourne. And Hallcinogen at first light / sunrise not at 2am! OTT for sunset, Raja Ram for whenever he wants, Raptor in the middle of the night to shake our bones to their core, Mr P, Psywalker in the night and Olli Wisdom somewhere there, Haltya, Space Cat. And GMS? why not. etc etc. Bring it! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And the crowd......very cool. Great vibe. wild at the end, killed my ears. And standing outside after the show and seeing some sweet faces from long long ago with the same smiles 8)

And Raja Ram...now I finally get him....I think VJ Damage explained it well higher up. I love the fact that with his vibe of what looks like almost zero rehearsal, crap production, no flow, etc etc it still all works exactly as it should. :killah:

Thanks to the likes of DJ Miko, Indoor, UFS and other early trailblazers, Pusford is indeed written himself into history as the chief pied piper of the newest original sounds of the 21st century
sman

Here are some videos I took of the gig:

tract

briandubb wrote :
and the stealing, or was it more of a kidnapping?.....in a strange way it's karmic back on Mr Pusford. The last time he came to Sydney was Erisian Fields in 2005, no? Yet he's been in Victoria since. Doth he forsake us? :shock:

Hallucinogen played the Gaelic club in Dec of 2007 for the Sensory Overload Party...
kathmandu

^^ and also a Tribedelic pre party with kindzaza.
briandubb

yes yes. feeling like the Popular Front of Judea over here. Perhaps my head was buried in the sand. has been known to happen :oops:

Annnnnnywaaaay.....

Hallucinogen Live tour with all the trimmings, plus NZ......then they can have the gear back

:twisted: :killah: :mrgreen:
tract

:mrgreen:

^^ Have a +1 internets for the well timed Monty Python reference.
stellaa

Security got the guy who stole that stuff, he was forced to give back everything from what I saw. Manhandled too :p

The guy who ripped Raja Ram's picture from some guy ahead of me's hands did get away, after slamming the pic on my partner's head, and tearing it apart, what a wonderful guy :?

I loved it, every minute, especially the beautiful person who returned my wallet, intact, after it fell out of my handbag while I was jumping around like a maniac, bless the psy crowd (above company excepted!), special folk. Love you all :rainbow:
skylines

Not a review but observation.

This is a band that doesn't play much together (live). Without going into every little detail. For the ticket price being asked and taken. The band deserved more from the production promotion company. To get the full experience and that means giving the wow factor to those who came for a full psychedelic experience without the use of hallucinogenics but a natural mind and body thing.

It's typical of a scene though isn't? With the right investment and vision behind it offering more then just the band and name . The opportunity has gone lost to reach a much bigger market and bring more people into psy/ambient - world music. What did occur was, yes it still bought in money and a rare occasion that saw those being tight asses to a limited market enjoy the riches. Though done more professionally the whole concert experience could of been a lot better incorporating all the elements and not just letting the wow factor of the act getting you through.

In a industry where bullshit is the standard and people automatically takes sides regardless of facts and what is cool and not cool. The truth is out there if you are willing find it. Or do you live in a haze of popularism where going along with the mob gives you social inclusion.

Urolagnia enthusiasts enjoy the golden shower of a Green Ant.
14 posts Page 1 of 1