regen 2011

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
26 posts Page 1 of 2
merlinux

How good was that? Top notch organisation, this has gone a looooong lonnnng way. congratz to the regen crew for one of the best party ever! It was my first party in australia back in 2006 and I am glad I was therev again!
I know I already mentioned the organisation but it is a joy to go out and party in a festival for once, long live regen!
Really enjoyed ace ventura, bio diversity, merkaba, onda and daheen set for sure( his best i have seen so far :) )
take care people and see u on the dance floor
synthz

A totally epic party, so much awesome music to soak up!! Favourites were both of daheens sets (soooo good), Mrbill/electrocado, sun in aquarius, merkaba, ace, onepointzero and alice. But everything I saw was awesome. A really good progression with the music, and the weather was perfect too!

Thanks to all the organisers and land owners and to everyone else who made that weekend what it was :killah:

edit: and oh Hammer and tongs were fucken sweet too hahahaha!
venatrix

So what was the deal with the mouth-frothing mushie munter?
herbsandspices

venatrix wrote :

Don't leave me with just that- full story pls. Carn... Sounds epic.
VJ DAMAGE

Ace Ventura :love:

R.E.G.E.N

Phew, what a weekend! We are all still in recovery phase, but would like to give a big big thankyou to everyone involved.
Big thanks to everyone for coming and supporting our festival, there was a fantastic turnout! It has been 6 years of hard work to bring the festival to this level and we are overjoyed to have the numbers to make it a sustainable event. The energy on the dance floor and all around the festival was really special, an absolute pleasure to have such a wonderful gathering of people. If any one has photos it would be great if you could post them up here or on our facebook group page.
Thanks to our brothers and sisters from the SOS crew for helping out in so many ways and putting on a fantastic show at the Undergrowth stage. It's a special thing to have such a great relationship with a crew from another city and we love working with you guys.
Thanks to all our volunteers for setting up, packing down, doing garbage duty, traffic marshaling, and helping in the info tent. You were all amazing and we couldn't have done it without you.
Special thanks to Gary from No Waste events for his amazing waste management. Sorting all recyclables and compost really made a big difference to our impact and Gary and the volunteers did an incredible job. Also thanks to everyone who was a part of it in being conscious about their own waste and sorting appropriately.
Thanks to all the artists for supporting our cause and playing continuously amazing music over the whole weekend, it was a real special treat to have so much good tunes to boogey away or bliss out to. We loved having lots of bands and solo acts this year and will continue to look at growing this aspect of the festival. Also thanks to some of the great VJs on display.
Thanks to Sasha Secret Weapon the master tweaker for ensuring the sound was top class and the Treetop Stage production was solid.
Thanks to Tim our lighting guy, your light show was amazing, and as always you were an absolute pleasure to work with. Also thanks to Vando for even more awesome lights and lasers.
Thanks to all the workshop speakers. So many wonderful new things to discover and learn, there was great feedback from all who attended. Apolagies passed on from the presenters who couldn't make it to those who were looking forward to their workshops. It was great to see even Martin the property owner getting into a hula hoop workshop :D
Thanks to Marek and Tibo for the fantastic cinema entertainment. Lots of great films, both educational, emotional and weird and whacky.
Thanks to Lisa and the healing crew, it was a truly magical space this year that lots of people really enjoyed.
Thanks to John, Emma and co for the wonderful kids space. It added a fantastic element to the festival and was run superbly.
Thanks to all the market stall holders for really adding a great festival vibe and providing us with all sorts of treats.
Thanks to Jason at Alternative security for all your extra work and being an all round awesome dude.
Thanks to the tallented Shannon Hurry for all his graphic design work.
Thanks to Palerang Council for being great to work with and helping us make this event happen.
Thanks to all the tree planters, we planted another 2000 trees this year. The new tree planting site will greatly assist the remidiation of erosion on the property. Was fantastic to see all the kids getting into it as well.
Thanks to our speakers from the welcome ceremony, Steve and Shane the local aboriginal elder.
Big big thanks to the property owner Martin for once again opening up his property for us all to come and enjoy. This man is a true legend and it has been a great relationship working with him, and we look forward to continuing this relationship in the future.
Lastly, a huge thanks to all the REGEN crew. So much hard work, passion and long volunteered hours have gone into making this event. We had a dream of what we wanted to create 6 years ago and it has come true! It hasn't been an easy path but we stayed strong and believed in our mission. It is a very special collective we have and we have created something very special from our combined energies. Big Love.
R.E.G.E.N

venatrix wrote :

He is all ok now, thanks to the top work from our first aid guys and the ambos.
Please people be careful what you consume!
R.E.G.E.N

Some pix, let us know if you would like any of you removed. Please post more if you have them. Some more from the pros will be coming shortly :)

venatrix

Last edited by venatrix on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinkitty

We drove from Melbourne to be at REGROWTH and just had the most wonderful time. It was the first Doof for one of our friends and she said she would definitely come again. It was such a great vibe, the music was sensational and it was fun planting the trees. I particularly enjoyed zooming around in Martins truck to fill the watering containers, he is such a great guy. I didn't bring any cooking gear as I thought it was total fire ban so a bit more chioce of food would have been nice but the food that was provided was great. I particularly loved that there was a delicious curry provided, thanks to the lovely Jane, on the Monday night as we were staying overnight. There were too many highlights in the music to go into detail and my legs were sore for days. Thanks guys for a really wonderful time.
Ecl1pse

Epic party, many thanks for the Regen crew :)
phoney

pinkitty wrote :
I didn't bring any cooking gear as I thought it was total fire ban so a bit more chioce of food would have been nice but the food that was provided was great. I particularly loved that there was a delicious curry provided, thanks to the lovely Jane, on the Monday night as we were staying overnight.

Duly noted. Unfortunately two food stalls cancelled in the last days leading up to the festival, and another two just didn't show up! Finding last minute replacement food stall holders on an Easter long weekend is damn near impossible, so yes, the choices were a bit limited but fortunately the stalls that were there had plenty enough tasty food to feed the masses. :)
3DTranceal

First doof in a very long time....It was worthy...
Getting away from crazy hectic easter crowds to a good doofbush.Couldnt think of anything else better to do on easter...
Good effort guys....thanks....
venatrix

R.E.G.E.N wrote :
If any one has photos it would be great if you could post them up here or on our facebook group page.

It might be nice to post them to here instead of (or at least as well as) facebook...

it would offer a reason for people to bother to visit the forum. I'm surprised at how few people have posted reviews of this party. There would have to be hundreds of people who went yet single digits in the review thread. C'mon folks, share your pics, love, and wacky adventures :love: :rainbow:
keirrajade

thanks so much to the regen crew! what a fantastic party! so rarely do i see a dancefloor packed the whole weekend...awesome vibes and the weather was perfect...felt good coming back to sydney to hear it had rained up here all weekend!

sorry to hear about the stalls cancelling, the food that was available was delicious...especially the kebabs...om nom nom

loved ace ventura, never seen him play before...once again the dancefloor rocked

there was another guy playing on the sunday night (i think called tantrum) whose tunes i really enjoyed as well..and daves costume changes - classic!

i brought my family along and they had a wicked time..being their first doof too! mum, lil sis and auntie are all keen for more...their quote "i think i really like this doof doof music!"... i've still got an image of them sitting at the back of the undergrowth stage, wine in one hand and joint in the other...big smiles on their faces while jimmy hendrix was being played...awesome

anyway I had so so much fun, can't wait for next year!
Gillie

hey all, yep iv'e gotta say that REGEN has done it again, one of the best dance floors iv;e ever had the pleasure of smashing myself apart on, it ROCKED, i was almost seized up by Tuesday, had knots and cramps every where and used muscles that had been lying dormant for a few months, Sunday night was a killer, dead set dance floor madness. Was awesome to catch up with so many friends and share the magic that only seems to be created by the combination of psychedelic beats and the great aussie bush, loved every bit of it, thanks regen and all the people who helped create the beautifull space , cheers Gillie
See you all again soon
tremorcon

:bounce: Supa Dupa Show it has been years since i have been to a doof ......... I think I'm addicted again ahhhhhhhhh

The Whole event was very professional, a well executed plan Well Done People's :thumb: :clap: :thumb:
Kranka

Beautiful, magical, wonderful (insert every other thesaurus entry to describe AWESOME here). This is the best fest of its kind in OZ at the mo. Trees in the ground, music was crankin, and smiling happy people everywhere!! The dancefloor was full of light and love at all times - even in the wee hours when a feeling of darkness usually prevails ( at least in my universe). It was a splendid reminder of what we are all capable of when our hearts are open and we are free to express our love. Well done REGEN i'm hooked 4eva
tract

Kranka wrote :
Beautiful, magical, wonderful (insert every other thesaurus entry to describe AWESOME here). This is the best fest of its kind in OZ at the mo. Trees in the ground, music was crankin, and smiling happy people everywhere!! The dancefloor was full of light and love at all times - even in the wee hours when a feeling of darkness usually prevails ( at least in my universe). It was a splendid reminder of what we are all capable of when our hearts are open and we are free to express our love. Well done REGEN i'm hooked 4eva

:(
herbsandspices

Good to see the bamboo stage design, it's impressive. It was actually just a couple of weeks ago I was at a party where the stage was bamboo too. Photo posted for stage design purposes only. It was pretty impressive actually.

There was also a small zoo there.
Hylomorphism

I would of loved this doof. I couldn't be there because I was in the remote Orkney Isles in northern Scotland at Golgotha Monastery for three months. I love Regen parties. And I fully loved my time at Goa Gil on the that beautiful site.
venatrix

Hylomorphism wrote :
I would of loved this doof. I couldn't be there
because I was in the remote Orkney Isles in northern Scotland at Golgotha
Monastery for three months. I love Regen parties. And I fully loved my
time at Goa Gil on the that beautiful site.

How long until you return?
Hylomorphism

venatrix wrote :
How long until you return?

I have already returned. I live in the Blue Mountains.
venatrix

I meant to the monastery. Are you not going back there?
Hylomorphism

venatrix wrote :
I meant to the monastery. Are you not going back there?

No. I have finished the discernment process in regards to my vocation in life. I needed to go to the other side of our beautiful planet, to the remote island of Papa Stronsay, to realize what I realized.
26 posts Page 1 of 2