Ableton Instument racks

Music Production, Hardware, Software, Equipment, MIDI, Techniques, Equipment for Sale etc.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Sinister Sequence

Hey All,

I was just pondering the extreme usefulness of abletons instrument racks.

While the racks have been available for sometime its only recently i have dedicated some time to building mega racks for my drums and synths. Once mapped out to your fav contoller it is simply stunning how tech you get things.

this got me wondering?

how useful to the production community do you think a bank of instrument and effects racks would make. I tried searching for Ableton device patches and got bugger all results.

Do any of you know good forum sites with user downloads of ableton racks?

Can you purchase an "psytrance specific Ableton device toolbox" ? (would you buy it)

Does such a thing exist?

I have seen ableton specific sample packs but after talking to ableton I understand we are free to sell their .ALS and .ALC file types providing we meet the END USER AGREEMENT.

Anyways.....yeah....use instument racks with good macro's!!!

THEY FUCKING ROCK!!
itchytriggerniggerfingers

You show me your rack & I'll show you mine :killah:
Sinister Sequence

Fuck off tim
itchytriggerniggerfingers

awww poor didums :lol:

Sounds like your rack
has been smoking some crack
now it has gone all wack
you should get the sack
MeowTron

^ stop being a cunt

anyway yeah interesting.....results almost modular but i still don't like how dull ableton sounds. a full assignable to any parameter LFO's would be a fucking sick add on , but they have to fix the bloat ware shit fuck that was ableton 8 first. note to anyone do not buy abeton 8 it is a piece of arse cheese. stick with 7 and you'll be sorted.
Phsiris

What is this bloat ware stuff that you talk about. Im running abelton 8 I think its fairly kick arse.
FeralBrown

The answer to all of those questions (except me personally buying a psytrance rack) is YES.
Send the Over the Top Creators (Covert Operators) an email- they'll sort you out! :)

And yes... Ableton 8 (Suite) shits all over anything else I've seriously looked into. They've alleviated the need for almost any VSTs... fully outdone themselves!
Slink

traveller

Slink wrote :
hey hey, have you seen this?
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 74d3409737

nice!
Gibson_ewok

haha yes racks do kick arse.. and ableton 8 is gold man :P
i made a rack that turns absolutely anything into a dark psytrance melody :) (by that i just mean it basically makes anything sound like a child screaming)
MeowTron

Phsiris wrote :
What is this bloat ware stuff that you talk about. Im running abelton 8 I think its fairly kick arse.
?

well how much space did it take up on your hard drive?

i think that apart from improved warping they didn;t really go to far with an update. it's also really unstable. better off with 7
Phsiris

i get what you are getting at. but my comp is running abelton 8 fine so i am happy.
and abelton 8 has fades.
S.E.T.H

Im withg MEOW on this,

While Live 8 is an amazing piece of software, Due to my personal opinions I have not decided to upgrade to 8 and ACME has not yet developed tuition services specifically around version 8 due to some of the new changes that I find a backwards step. While this is not perfect for the new generation of 8 users it does leave me with the confidence that I know exactly what i am doing on version 7 and can provide effective sessions on it.

I dont like the new warp technique, Sure its just as effective and sounds a little "better" but in the end i just like tho good ol way. call me oldskool?

As for ableton sounding "dull", this is not something I can relate too, Sure each sequencer has its pro's and cons but in the long run its possible to make dull music on any sequencer. I'd Suggest you explore your Eq's a bit before calling the sequencer dull. All it takes is a listen to any respectable ableton artist to realize music made on LIVE sounds just as good as any other sequencer. it all comes down to technique.

Anyways.......BACK TO INSTUMENT RACKS.

Ive got some awesomne newbies for vanguard, Discovery, Surge and poizone.
is anyone interested in swapping rack patches?
monkey

I'm also an Ableton 7 fan.. not sure if its worth the $$ for the upgrade?!

Sunrunner

i've created a separate thread for the live 7 vs 8 debate so as not to derail this thread any further:

http://www.australiens.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15008

:)

as for racks, they certainly rock :thumb: i'd be keen for a swap at some point luke, but right now i'm in the middle of redoing my entire live setup, so i don't have much to trade. will get back to you :)

and to answer the original post, i think it would be useful for sure, especially to those new to ableton and music production.

have you tried the official ableton forum tips and tricks section (http://forum.ableton.com/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=6e8193f31b0f05cbde3ffc212014ce40)? there's a thread (http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54296&sid=01220e9d106feaaf7c844374d3409737) that has a bunch of racks submitted by people. it was started back with ableton 6, but there's a few there, many look handy :)

dwight
15 posts Page 1 of 1