The Evolution of Psy-Trance

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
40 posts Page 2 of 2

Do you see the evolution of Psy-Trance as..

No votes
Ending soon
14%
Ending on late Dec 2012
34%
Continue to mutate into this sort of electronic space punk galactic hippy hybrid alien type shht.
51%
Forever evolving to higher frequencies, higher highs, and take over the universe. Say Word!!

Total votes: 35

Stikman

I think as more banjos are utilised in psy it will
evolve into bluegrass. :lol:

crystaltech

^ haha! More Banjo's! Actually that triggers thoughts regarding more live instruments in Psy. I saw at Bellingen Carnival a couple of years ago a bunch of musicians playing live Trance. Drumkit, percussion, bass guitar, keyboards, some sort of weird russioan accordian?or something, etc. It was really exceellent. With nothing preproggramed, this guys were really really live. So it had a certain vibe and obviously although free in many certainways, it also could not deliver certain aspects of an intricatley programmed psy set.

I know there are a few artists who incorporate some live instruments in with their sequencers n stuff. I reckon itd be great to see more of this. (In no way am i putting shit on the way psy is usually performed at this point in time. I mean there will always be people just twidling knobs and pushing faders, or spinning cd's, records. As this excellent in itself. ) But yeah, even maybe some weird ass hand crafted invented electronic machine instruments, as used by some industrial and noise music makers. With more instruments, the music would naturally evolve.

scoome

Mimm wrote :
Now that I think about it, what the hell does define psy? Every time I think hmm, it's a specific rythm, or the sounds or the feel, damn, there's some artist who doesn't incorporate one or all of these factors!

I reckon that psy can only be defined as music that blows your mind. When the music on its' own (no drugs involved) is like a trip and your mind sees the world in different ways. This is how I see the sound of psy. No beat, rythm, instrument or sound could ever define psy, it's all in the mental visions given from the combination of these things in the sound. I do seriously believe that the only physical, mathematical or musical theory that even starts to come close to defining psy is the theory of the harmony of the spheres. Kepler knew it, he used it to explain heavinly movements.

Esoterica2000-III

scoome wrote :
I do seriously believe that the only physical, mathematical or musical theory that even starts to come close to defining psy is the theory of the harmony of the spheres. Kepler knew it, he used it to explain heavinly movements.

I often see Psy-Trance as a Spiritual frequency, a type of electronic heavenly portal that opens thru our doors of perception. Not many stylez of Music offer me this inner tribal instinct.

telli

music is the pleasure of counting without realising your counting at all.

Cosmic Wizard

Mimm wrote :
I mean, compared the the origional purist Goa stuff that artists Goa Gil and Raja Ram were doing 15 years ago, what on earth is Skazi and 1200 mics?

I wish we could have a doof where we could have on the first night Goa Gill and the others purists, showing us how it was in the beginning. And then mabye Astral Projection and a few others for the second night. Mmmmmmmmmmmm yum!!!!.

Esoterica2000-III

That would be so educational, can anyone organize that?

Btw it was Goa Gil's B'day the other day, I think the d00d's like 200 or something..

tripn

Druid Of Psy wrote :

everyone is trying as hard as they can to sound different to everyone else,

well i disagree on that one. some artists are doing a good job at creating a new sound but a lot of them are just recycling the old style and sound of other artists. generic cunts is what i call them. havent you seen PSY WARS 2 : ATTACK OF THE GMS CLONES ?

on the rare occasion when i get off my ass and into the studio i certainly always try to use as many fresh sounds, basslines, grooves, etc as possible and try to come up with something that hasnt been done before. i think its important so that the music doesnt stagnate and bore people. this is why i love artists like texas faggott so much. try and classify their music, go on, i dare you. :) its very hard to describe in words. similar to an experience on DMT. hmm, does anyone see a connection there?

Dreamtheif wrote :
How about someone give Bob and Steve a gig

hehe. actually i must admit that thats completely our fault. we have been offered numerous times but never have gotten our shit together in time due to being lazy cunts.

suspiria

you're not lazy fucks, you're just victims of hedonism as most are.. at least you guys don't confuse hedonism with pseudo-spiritual BS... :roll:

Dreamthief

No. I think Bob and Steve are incredibly lazy fucks. They need to quit smoking wackytobaccy and get off their arses. :)

suspiria

smoking wackytobaccy = hedonism but steve and rob aren't much into the green anyways... perhaps we need to check their palms for hair folicles??

Dreamthief

I think maybe we just need to give them sold fashioned motivation. Just whip the fuckers.

tripn

Dreamthief wrote :
No. I think Bob and Steve are incredibly lazy fucks. They need to quit smoking wackytobaccy and get off their arses. :)

I havent touched that shit drug in over 3 years now. Im just naturally lazy. Rob doesnt smoke it either... except for last saturday night... but that was only as an excuse to get this american college girl back to our hotel room in brisbane. it worked too.

suspiria wrote :
...but steve and rob aren't much into the green anyways... perhaps we need to check their palms for hair folicles??

wtf?

flurohero

itll end up on tellie advertising the golden good times at mcdonalds-"cmon gang lets have a diet doof burger with diet arse and lips and then get to that cool doof where the reinvented britney spears is playing with psy maddonna in our expensive sport 4wds that mum bought us!".
hopefully also there will be some kind of psy- molly meldrum as well as psy diet coke.

tripn

flurohero wrote :
itll end up on tellie advertising the golden good times at mcdonalds-"cmon gang lets have a diet doof burger with diet arse and lips and then get to that cool doof where the reinvented britney spears is playing with psy maddonna in our expensive sport 4wds that mum bought us!".
hopefully also there will be some kind of psy- molly meldrum as well as psy diet coke.

nah.
40 posts Page 2 of 2