Somebody make Juno Reactor play in Sydney!!!

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Phsiris

Outdoors preferably, but I know that probably wont happen.

But yeah, i noticed they are headlining earl of fnord and awww!
Someone please book them :)

Thank you.

milf

get your planning pants on and your tits out phil!

STEVONOISEMAKER

man they would probably cost sooo much money.

would be so very very nice though:)

they're playing as a 10 piece band too!

nat

I'm sure someone will organise it if your the one putting out

milf

nat wrote :
I'm sure someone will organise it if your the one putting out

phil is always the one putting out.. there is no worries there!

=p

noitnemretsim

I think I remember memski telling me once they asked for 30grand a set after The Matrix soundtracks.

phatpat

I would love to see them again! Someone please bring them to Sydney!

Phsiris

noitnemretsim wrote :
I think I remember memski telling me once they asked for 30grand a set after The Matrix soundtracks.

yeah i think thats the estimate i heard going around awhile ago.

oh well, will blow for juno. =/

the dude from earth core is trying to add infected to the line up for a closing set, which would be cool if they take the mic away from the singer and get rid of that damn drum kit aswell.

willB3

isn't this amusing! ^

â—¼Release Information
The much-awaited new album GODS&MONSTERS from psychedelic techno creators JUNO REACTOR will be released in Japan first! This album draws together top class musicians from a variety of genres and countries including England, South Africa, America, and Japan. Ghetto Priest, known for his collaboration with Asian Dub Foundation, provides vocals, and Sugizo joins in as the special guest guitarist from Japan!
http://www.sugizo.com/english/news/index.html

That is Juno Reactor with special guest guitarist from Japan.
http://www.sugizo.com

Making music is my life. Through music, I am given life. "Something" exists that many people have lost sight of and yet know the truth of deep down inside. My desire is to create music that may function as a reminder of this forgotten "something." I truly hope that my music might serve as a force to help unite all living creatures, this planet, and the cosmos into one. To bring about a deep understanding that is beyond border, race, religion, and nationality. To encourage the evolution of people's consciousness. I started out as a member of the band LUNA SEA and until recently was a part of The FLARE. Now, as the solo artist SUGIZO I participate in a diverse array of projects based in Tokyo including the psychedelic jam band SHAG and the shamanic electronica unit S.T.K.(Sensual Technology Kooks)
http://www.myspace.com/sugizo

When was the last time Juno Reactor performed in Australia and who was responsible for bringing them here?

Australia 2008

Last Updated: Oct 15, 11:15 pm
*********28th November
Melbourne 5th December

No chance Sydney :D :arrow: and that goes with Vibrasphere (New Album to be released in Nov) So I guess if you want to see them so bad :twisted:

venatrix

willB3 wrote :
isn't this amusing! ^

No.
ionized

Phsiris wrote :

Thank you.

Or not.

I saw them last time they played it Fnjorfest and they were truly average. Actually, shit is a word I would use to describe it.

The giant somoan guys whacking drums and lookin all primordial were cool but there was this random crackle through the giant fuckoff PA and it just sounded... yeah. shit.

Very dissapointed after all that hype.

VJ DAMAGE

they were so very bad at smurfcore. Not their fault, disgusting sound. amazed they came back, as they look well pissed off about it.

I nearly cried, as I have waited so long to see them. I walked away and went to sleep.

Kaneda

Wouldn't that be supporting earl of fnord by proxy?
brainstorma

ionized wrote :
Phsiris wrote :

Thank you.

Or not.

I saw them last time they played it Fnjorfest and they were truly average. Actually, shit is a word I would use to describe it.

The giant somoan guys whacking drums and lookin all primordial were cool but there was this random crackle through the giant fuckoff PA and it just sounded... yeah. shit.

Very dissapointed after all that hype.

yo the guys playign drums were zulu not samoan

and as for the sound look at the sound techs not juno for that fuck up
if you went front left hand speaker you didnt have any troubles with that fuck up on rigth speaker

the issue started rigth after FSOL did there sound check so it had been an issue the whole party and the sound techs were no where to be found

veil

yeah I saw them at earl of fnord too & the sound techs/pa problems made it a night mare , but even aside all that they were pretty average , I dont think they had decent monitoring for the drummers at the sides of the stage & many of them were turned down so they werent in the mix anyway.

however a couple of times thru the set they were spot on.

I actually did really get off on the blasting crackle of a dodgy lead firing thru the giant PA stacks at the audience .

lucky they fixed it before OTT played because his set was my highlight of that event.

yikes
15 posts Page 1 of 1