Donate linen, towels, food & med. aids to tsunami appeal

Current Events, World Discussion, Opinions etc
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Sushi Mel

As most of you would have read online and in the newspapers, most charities are only accepting monetary donations.

However, the SRI LANKA DISASTER RELIEF FUND is accepting unwanted LINEN, TOWELS, non-perishable FOOD (rice, pasta, tinned food, flour etc) and MEDICAL SUPPLIES. Please note they have already received a lot of apparel/clothing and hence will not be accepting any more. http://www.kingsgrovesports.com.au/default.cfm?l1=13&l2=72

I know that money can be hard to come by, but most of us, our parents or our grannies, would have some dusty old blankies and towels tucked away somewhere that could be revitalised by a good thorough wash, and put to good use by needy people that now have no other belongings.

The drop off points for these goods are:

KINGSGROVE:
Kingsgrove Sports Centre, 179 Kingsgrove Rd, Kingsgrove
hamish@kingsgrovesports.com.au
Hamish Solomons - 0407 369 295 or 9502 4533

WETHERILL PARK:
46 Bentley St., Wetherill Park, 9756 3477

NORTH PARRAMATTA:
Kingsgrove Sports Westside, 570 Church St. 9890 2311

NEUTRAL BAY:
P1 / 3 Lindsey St. 9909 3555

DURAL:
Salvation Army, Cnr Old Northern & Newline Rd. 99809401

CONCORD:
17 Hospital Rd. 0419 447 665

JUST AN IDEA - : If anyone that is going to the fundraiser doof at Perry Park this Saturday, happens to live close to any of these drop off points, has a car and wouldnt mind dropping goods off there, maybe we could ask everyone to bring along any suitable goods on Saturday? I have some goods I plan on dropping off tomorrow/Thursday (I'd rather get supplies to the needy countries ASAP, and I don't drive so will be getting a lift from someone, and can't really ask them to make two trips for me).. but if for any reason I get delayed and don't make it til Sunday, I'd be happy to take others' goods along with me..

suspiria

i'd be more than happy to help out with this idea.. drop off points exist near Perry Park so no worries there...

Sushi Mel

Huh? I don't know of any drop off points near Perry Park/Alexandria.. nearest is Kingsgrove or Neutral Bay....

Do you know something I don't know? *pout*

suspiria

Sushi Mel wrote :
Huh? I don't know of any drop off points near Perry Park/Alexandria.. nearest is Kingsgrove or Neutral Bay....

Do you know something I don't know? *pout*

Kingsgrove is where i grew up and only 10-15 mins drive from Perry Park...

Sushi Mel

Oh ok.. I thought it took us heaps longer to get there when we drove there.. *boggle*

Problem solved then :D

SO.. expressions of interest anyone?? Does anyone think they might have some of these goodies worthy of donating??
5 posts Page 1 of 1