non-psy songs that are remixed or used as the basis for pys

General Music Discussion - Tracks, New Releases, Top 10 Track postings, Genre discussion etc
32 posts Page 1 of 2
tricksareforkidz

Just wondering if anyone could volunteer knowledge of psy songs they know that use other songs (non-psy) as a basis.. my friend sent me some remixes, stuff like dire straits's money for nothing and i'm trying to compile a collection together, an A-Z kinda thing.
Last edited by tricksareforkidz on Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tract

So are these from the artists themselves or are you trading mp3's ?

Semuta

You dinna mention its for your rainbow radio show this year. "I cant believe its not Psytrance" :wink:

Anyway, these are the recommendations i have for her so far:

azax syndrom and toxic - rain :killah: Remix of Slayer - Reign in Blood
Psychedlic Voodoo People remixes album
Acid for Nothing - 1200 mics Dire Straights money for nothing.
GMS - Juice Requeim for a Dream theme (lux - aeterna)
Dark Soho - voojoo rituals Machine head riff

and some i know are but cant name:
nibiru - paranoid [Raja Rams Stash bag Vol 3]
The Misted Muppet - The Mist [From the Legend]

====================
:oops: :oops: Edited: unreleased tracks removed :oops: :oops:
====================
Last edited by Semuta on Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jazzman

wow there are heaps of these tracks now, lots of skazi remixes of 50 cent and other rap stuff, smells like teen spirit, most of them are shit, ozzy did one of a van halen track which is rawking and the goonz take on toxic by britney, also benza and when the general talks but if the eurythmics one you talk about is the same as i think its one of the better rmx, and also carmen by freaking, but there 10,000 more i forgot now

scona

Joujouka - Relax - this is definetly one of the more classier remixes out there

Kruger & Coyle - Hats are Turning (I think? anyways, remix of Beds are Burning)

Benzas done heaps more other than When The Generals Talk, Eminem - Slim Shady is one I can think of, either way I doubt theyll ever be released so thats not much help

And Tim Healys got fkn dozens of white labels out there remixing everything and anything from Eminem to the Beatles

And Ive only heard about this but I cannot wait to hear Sun Control Species bang out his remix of Great Southern Land next Sunday week at RSF

No doubt Greg Coyle and D-Nox will have plenty to drop at RSF too...

I love these remixes in moderation, lots and lots of FUN :D

tricksareforkidz

it's for my radio show at Rainbow serpent.. not for trading really considering i have little to trade

tract

tricksareforkidz wrote :
it's for my radio show at Rainbow serpent.. not for trading really considering i have little to trade

;) it's ok, GMS forgives you and I'm sure young Eskimo wouldn't mind either.

Semuta

Its a bit of a grey area within an already pretty grey area though isnt it?
I doubt any of these psyartists are paying royalties to the artists they are remixing/covering.... :wink:

*ahem* a certain skazi track and a band well known for being very protective of their music *ahem*

And nor do i think they should be. I think that sort of thing limits the evolution of music the same way intellectual property laws harm the evolution of software.

Gozer

Semuta wrote :
*ahem* a certain skazi track and a band well known for being very protective of their music *ahem*

I could be wrong but is it Skazi or Paranormal Attack?

EDIT: Didn't want to postwhore but..
Semuta wrote :
I think that sort of thing limits the evolution of music the same way intellectual property laws harm the evolution of software.

Why do people working in the IT industry demand exorbitant pay/salaries but refuse to buy software?

Semuta

Well i think it works like this:
if you want to pay to have custom software/solutions developed, then you pay well... Probably because of a skill demand situation.

If a software/solution becomes desirable for large amounts of people then the geeks pull together to make something free. Open the source and collaboratively develop it.
From that process we have got a great free operating system, browser(s), chat clients, p2p apps, the web itself, most of the protocols used on the net and for instance this forum script and the langauges used to write the rest of the site :wink:

However if a company wants a custom system created for taking in building specs and communicating with rollforming machines to make steel, then they have to pay good money to get it.

with music i think it works in a slightly similar manner. Anyone can grab the latest britney track pretty easily, its everywhere. This probably reduces her millions of dollars revenue.
Small artists on the other hand can get their music accessible to large amounts of people with minimal advertising, promotional and manufacturing costs. Many more people are hearing music they never would have heard before.

Maybe if filetrading has the very worst impact forcast then all the money will go out of recorded music and people will only make music for self expression and their enjoyment of it.
The best of them making a modest living playing live shows....

</rants> hometime....

Gozer

So that's your view .. right or wrong to my opinion I'll leave it alone.. This MP3 whinge has been done to death so I've removed a heap of what I was going to say..
Art appreciation FFS, I didn't want to make this personal but would you know/care who actually created the RMX mentioned if the ID3 tag wasn't sorted because both have been credited for it?

Show me a limited mint condition original pressing of great production and engineering with the velvet touch of an expert mastering engineer packaged with unique artwork and I get excited and it is only exciting to those who appreciate it..

Gigabytes of MP3's don't do that for me.. The title 'Acid for Nothing' spoke on many levels..
ctrlshift

Unauthorised transfer or diffusion is illegal.
Unauthorised public performers, broadcasters, hirers, lenders and copiers of this recording will have us to deal with!
Unauthorised public performance, broadcasting and copying of this recording punishable by death.
Unauthorised duplication or broadcast is wrong.
Unauthorised duplication is bang out-of-order.
Hrng & lndg of this rcdng pbtd.
These recordings are primed to the max. Duplication is a violation.
Home taping is killing music - and it's ILLEGAL!
Bootlegs are anti-braindance! Keep it real!
Bootlegging is bad!
Don't copy this! I need your money!
If you don't pay for this I'll go on the dole.
If you don't pay for this then don't complain when I start making psychedelic trance (:lol:)
Own an original!
Support the music you love and the artists and labels that bring it to you! Buy! Enjoy!
Support the music you love with your purchase.
Support the entertainment you love by purchasing a new, original edition.
Made in England.

Semuta

Gozer wrote :
Art appreciation FFS, I didn't want to make this personal but would you know/care who actually created the RMX mentioned if the ID3 tag wasn't sorted because both have been credited for it?

Yes i would. Very much so. I have much more appreciation for Toxic than i do for brittney spears song "toxic"
Its also sorta what this thread is about isnt it:?:

Gozer wrote :
Show me a limited mint condition original pressing of great production and engineering with the velvet touch of an expert mastering engineer packaged with unique artwork and I get excited and it is only exciting to those who appreciate it..

Gigabytes of MP3's don't do that for me.. The title 'Acid for Nothing' spoke on many levels..

Yeah i like that more too. It also excites me to get an album with all the full resolution coverart and CD quality sound on a slightly more durable medium than CDR. But i like knowing beforehand that ive bought the very best one i could.
I admit that i only buy a few albums a year, but they are always my very favorite ones, not somthing i bought based on the artists name only to find they had changed their sound to fluffypinkelectrodiscotrash.
I never bought more than a few albums before mp3 either, and i probably bought the songs i heard on the radio or my friends illegally taped for me.
and I also support the artists by attending every festival and party i can (which is quite a lot)

anyway, i agree, we shouldnt get into this. hehe :lol:

Lets talk remixes....

flashfire

Song: Can't remember name. - has remixed Ministry's Jesus Built my Hotrod. Fark I used to love that track! Still would, if I could get anyone to play it for me. :D

Tim Healy has some FANFRIKENTASTIC remixes, my fave being Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.

Overall, I'm not much help. I can never remember names of tracks/artists.

Gozer

Semuta wrote :
Gozer wrote :

Yes i would. Very much so. I have much more appreciation for Toxic than i do for brittney spears song "toxic"
Its also sorta what this thread is about isnt it:?:

Ya' missed the point on that one and still haven't said whether the Metallica RMX you speak of is made by Skazi or Paranormal Attack..
Do you get it because of the name or the music? Have you purchased any music of either and so on ..
but it doesn't matter what I say so I'm just gonna walk away from this one.. should take it PM if you want to keep on going..

tricksareforkidz

Heezus, if I wanted to start a debate about piracy I would have called this thread “Do you think it’s wrong that I download music free off the internet?â€

Semuta

Well i -was- going to walk away, but i think the discussion is unavoidable now. :P hehe

The remix im speaking of was seek and destroy by skazi, i downloaded it cause i was heaps into skazi at the time, not Metallica... It sounded like Skazi's 'galloping bassline'

Hey Adam, wanna do a split on this thread? mp3 one to be called "Something for nothing (mp3)" ???

*reads tricksareforkids post*

simon

flashfire wrote :
Song: Can't remember name. - has remixed Ministry's Jesus Built my Hotrod. Fark I used to love that track! Still would, if I could get anyone to play it for me. :D

the element - jesus. (christian trance at its best :D)

flashfire

simon wrote :
flashfire wrote :

the element - jesus. (christian trance at its best :D)

Christian trance? christian trance!? *chokes* okay. that's cool. *gets fidgety* hey - I'm open minded and all that.... Just cos it's christian trance doesn't mean it's not cool, or that my issues-with-dogmatic-religion-spawned-from-opus-dei-schooling should determine whether or not I enjoy a particular track. right? *still uneasy*

tripn

what was the name of the artist and of that track that franny played on new years eve which was a remix of a song where the chorus bit goes "lonely, soooo looonely" ?

its unreleased for sure so im relying on tract to let me know. ;)

tract

tripn wrote :
what was the name of the artist and of that track that franny played on new years eve which was a remix of a song where the chorus bit goes "lonely, soooo looonely" ?

its unreleased for sure so im relying on TracT to let me know. ;)

It's from a forthcoming album on Sundance I believe whose details I mysteriously 23 forget 23 :P

tripn

fuck that was quick man. :)

ill just have to buy everything that comes out on sundance then i guess.

Sunrunner

That's not such a bad thing though tripn ;) Sundance sure know how to release a good CD...

Dwight.

volt

GreatHornedDragon wrote :
That's not such a bad thing though tripn ;) Sundance sure know how to release a good CD...

Dwight.

i agree

phatpat

Here are some I can think of.

Dark Soho - God Save Me (Ministry track I think)
Metallica - Devil Machine (Damage remix)
The Prodigy - Firestarter (Skazi remix)
The Prodigy - Voodoo People (Eskimo remix)
Skazi - Smells Like Homus (Nirvana)
Benny Benassi - Satisfaction (Skazi remix)
1200 Mics - Glories of Greece? (Zorba dance)
Offspring - Come Out and Play (Paranormal Attack remix)
Last edited by phatpat on Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
32 posts Page 1 of 2