Whats happened to australiens.

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
58 posts Page 1 of 3
SubStance

Go back and look at view counts to parties in NSW around 2004 to 2006. Sometimes up near 25000 and always over 10 000. Now you are lucky to get 2000 hits and thats if your event has been listed for over 6 months. What happened to this place? It used to be very useful promo tool, now you might as well use word of mouth.
paultrax

think facebook has well an truly taken over the promo end
plus i heard on the grapevine the cops were using it as a handy tool :(
Peril

yeah,

...but we're posting .gifs now, see!

;)
venatrix

...not enough apostrophes (or too many)

STEVONOISEMAKER

also, the fact that 99% of jibba jabba on this forum is crazies arguing with crazies, and combined with admins not bein hard arse enough, it's hardly surprising so many people stopped using it...
venatrix

The thing with crazies though is that unless you want to make moderating a full time (and unpaid) job you will be spending your life deleting and banning their shit.

Case in point: OzTrance. Why were new registrations closed? Crazies. You can't reason with a crazy, you can't use logic, and you can't stop them coming. It's not like there's a limited supply of them or anything :?
itchytriggerniggerfingers

I hope I'm not the only one that got the irony of that last post.
venatrix

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
I hope I'm not the only one that got the irony of that last post.

You're definitely not the only one who doesn't get literature that's for sure.

Also, I see what you did there.
SYNeR

For me, it has to do with boring conversation and conspiratorial morons.
timecube.com is far more interesting (and plausible) than a lot of shit spouted here.
Davina

All there seems to be on this forum is a few people with nothing to do apart from abuse each other. I used to like looking at these forums, now it's just a character vacuum with extra slagging. Hope you enjoy, guys, but to be honest I'd suggest actually living... might be fun?
venatrix

Davina wrote :
All there seems to be on this forum is a few people with nothing to do apart from abuse each other. I used to like looking at these forums, now it's just a character vacuum with extra slagging. Hope you enjoy, guys, but to be honest I'd suggest actually living... might be fun?

So basically you're complaining that you used to enjoy sitting on your arse being entertained by the witticisms of others, didn't contribute yourself, and now you don't get the same entertainment. Gtfu
Peril

kayhat

venatrix wrote :
The thing with crazies though is that unless you want to make moderating a full time (and unpaid) job you will be spending your life deleting and banning their shit.

Case in point: OzTrance. Why were new registrations closed? Crazies. You can't reason with a crazy, you can't use logic, and you can't stop them coming. It's not like there's a limited supply of them or anything :?

I agree, having tried to reason with you before.

I think the term crazies is pretty unsophisticated and doesn't really help bring things forward.
venatrix

Last edited by venatrix on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FeralBrown

...there's definitely something to be said for constant and consistent vitriolic bitchery.
I guess it goes back to that whole crazy vs crazy thing again... how superultramegaperceptive can one person get?!
It blows my feeble mind to the point that all I can do is smile and nod. :!:
venatrix

Last edited by venatrix on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guide dogs association

because the I-lui-minati won't unban my real identity I stay away, And because of all the jerks here. Bye
Nightmosphere

venatrix wrote :
FeralBrown wrote :
...there's definitely something to be said for constant and consistent vitriolic bitchery.
I guess it goes back to that whole crazy vs crazy thing again... how superultramegaperceptive can one person get?!

My ex boyfriend, a douche so retarded he has been banned from OzTrance twice, and a dreadlocked hippie Christian all think it's my fault... forgive me if I'm less than concerned about your opinions. I suppose it really just reflects the calibre of those who post around here.

Stop being crazy in a crazy thread you crazy goose.
venatrix

sry brb forgot g-banga lolol
FeralBrown

venatrix wrote :
FeralBrown wrote :

My ex boyfriend, a douche so retarded he has been banned from OzTrance twice, and a dreadlocked hippie Christian all think it's my fault... forgive me if I'm less than concerned about your opinions. I suppose it really just reflects the calibre of those who post around here.

whu-whu-whu?
You're an idiot.

...hook, line and sinker stylee...
Davina

venatrix wrote :
Davina wrote :

So basically you're complaining that you used to enjoy sitting on your arse being entertained by the witticisms of others, didn't contribute yourself, and now you don't get the same entertainment. Gtfu

Great demonstration of my point and thank you kindly for supporting my previous statement!
venatrix

A whole heap of people used to use the forum.

Then everyone started using Facebook and most people didn't bother coming here anymore. Other people moved on with their lives or found the glow wore off and stopped going to parties all the time. Doofing is a pretty full on lifestyle to maintain and it's not surprising that as people grew and time went on it became increasingly difficult to party all weekend regularly.

Every so often someone comes back here and is surprised that the forums are empty.

Why are people surprised? If no one posts then there is nothing to see... is this fact really that difficult to comprehend?

If you used to post and you are disappointed that people aren't posting anymore that's one thing, but if you used to lurk and are disappointed that people aren't posting and you return after a hiatus to slag off (a rather vulgar term don't you think?) at the few people who do still come here exactly what response did you expect Davina?

It's the same with people complaining about there not being any parties on, then when there is one most people don't even bother to attend. If no one comes to a party there is no party and if no one posts on the forums there is no forum. You can have one or the other but you can't have both.

If you want a lively active forum then start posting. If you don't want to post then you don't get a forum.
herbsandspices

I for one, can't believe it's not butter.
kayhat

venatrix wrote :
FeralBrown wrote :

You wish you went out with me! :P

I've been banned from oztrance more along the lines of 10 times actually! And I don't think it's your fault, I just think you're a fucking idiot shit-for-brains who is deluded into thinking that you have some sort of intelligence because you act like a total freaking bitch and you can construct a sentence on a forum!

You've proven yourself to be consistently unintelligent and you would have been kicked off oztrance 50 times over if you crap on there the way you do here. I've never claimed intelligence, that shows more brains then you crapping on like you're some sort of unrecognised genius because you have a freaking vagina!

Please please please stop.

Actually, you can keep your lonely forum all to yourself, bitch.
venatrix

kayhat wrote :
I just think you're a fucking idiot shit-for-brains who is deluded into thinking that you have some sort of intelligence because... you can construct a sentence on a forum!

:wave:
58 posts Page 1 of 3