TRIBAL MEDICINE 18 Feb

Queensland Forums (Brisbane etc) - Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
54 posts Page 1 of 3
harminize

TIMELAPSE PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS

TRIBAL MEDICINE

Time Lapse Productions, the same org that brought you Tribal Eyes, brings forth some further aural delights

Brisbane 18 February

Presenting

Legohead (live) - originally out of Melbourne, recently taken residence in Sydney, has been producing psychedelic trance for over four years now, with
releases on Fragile Planet and Tribeadelic Recs.
Legohead is appearing at Rainbow Serpent and Tribeadelic festivals (Melbourne), and about to release his much anticipated deput album on Tribeadelic Recs.
Al brings his fresh and psychedelic style north, wit' funkin' tight basslines and the cleanest production, playing live in Brisbane for the first time.

Franny - out of Northern NSW, has been an intergral part of the local psy trance scene. With two labels under his belt, Demon-Tea and Sundance Recs, both bringing out of the woodwork some of the freshest artists from around the globe. Franny has played numerous events, local and international, always expressing his passion through his music, time after time creating an enchanting experience throughout the dancefloor.

Cyanesens (live) - a local talent, recently releasing his first album under his label Alkaloid Productions (Liquid Crystal 2004), an instant success around the world. Nathan has also released singles under digital psionics and has played at gigs in New Zealand with Inner Eye and Full-Om. Cyanesens has a unique ultra-psychedelic style guaranteed to conjure imminent fulfillment and chakra realignment..

ALGORHYTHYM - (Brisbane) - Long time Brisbane scenester and dj, look out, let celebrity Al take you for a ride...

LAUNCHPAD - (Nth NSW) - One of Northern NSW's best and favourite dj's,
Launchpad is now well sought after around the country, expect tight, clean
action from this champion of the Northern NSW scene....

AZZ - (Brisbane - Gi'iwa Recs) - Coming out from hospital to bring you
some fresh Gi'iwa goodness, expect a nice warm welcoming to the night of
insane action ahead!! Get there early to get dosed up on Azz's tribal
medical goodness..

Lighting: Travelling Kaleidoskopic Candlelight Bonanza

Visuals: Pi Rate

Decor: Soma loca , Joelle , Psykadets

Sound: Megablast

Presale tickets are now available from these fine outlets

$15(+bf)
Gooble Warming - 15 Vulture Street, West End (07) 3844 6006
Butter Beats - 709 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley (07) 3257 3257
Butter Beats - Adelaide Street, Brisbane City (07) 3220 0005
Soundswaves - 58 Johnson Street, Byron Bay (02) 66 856 762
Music Bizarre - 96 Magellan St, Lismore (02) 66 223 262
Sunflower Music - Pacific Fair Shopping Centre, Broadbeach (07) 5538 1850

$20 on the door 18+ Licensed Venue

more info soon...
Last edited by harminize on Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:02 am, edited 10 times in total.

witchynikki

:dance: sweet

Marsoups

swingin !!

:killah: :killah: :killah:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

witchynikki

:wave: :wave: :wave:
:dance: :dance: :dance:
:headphones: :headphones: :headphones: :headphones:

sam i am

ah so Legohead IS playing :idea:

Marsoups

sam i am wrote :
ah so Legohead IS playing :idea:

:D
reece

hehehehehe fantastic bio's there :D :lol:
this bits the best tho :arrow:
unique ultra-psychedelic style guaranteed to conjure imminent fulfillment and chakra realignment..

:lol: :clap:

protonica

nice lineup. :thumb: ..cant wait for a wicked stomp .(first time in brisbane).. :lol: :D :D 8) :)legohead was my fav set @ RSF ..he rocks it :!: :dance:

Mesq

Al played a great set at Dayboro recently yay :)

Pi_Rate

Whoot :!: :dance:

Marsoups

Yup, saw Al at RSF, played an awesome set !! :D

ozzy

i hear he has a few suprizes for this party too!
:wink:

harminize

ozzy wrote :
i hear he has a few suprizes for this party too!
:wink:

yay i love suprizes...

Marsoups

And guess what, we can now look forward to the clean, wicked warm sounds of the megablast at this gig :D

:smasha: :smasha: :smasha: :howaboutit:

Gun-Slinger

This is the best lineup ive seen At the Leagues club. Im getting sick of going there though , its becoming more and more popular everytime ( mostly westender's of all shades of seediness) who have no clue what there listening too , they are there for the BASS!! U attempt to strike a conversation with someone there about the music and They dont even have a clue what ur saying . Example = Some one politely asks me if i have a joint, i say no ( im lying :rasta: ) I ask " How long u been into psy ?" the response generally always is " Whats that ? "

IM Tired of THAT ANSWER. It only happens at that venue because all of westend knows its on , they dont know whats being played they just know they can take pills and dance to it and that ruins it for the psyfreaks out there who have to put up with sweaty shirtless Bevans holding beer cans and looking like there gonna puke !! :vomitonyou:

!!! OUTDOORS !!! MORE OF THEM WITH BETTER LINEUPS IS WHATS NEEDED IN QLD !!!

All that shit aside , The tunz at this gig will be stompin... I love legoheads promo , cyansese's album is lovely and Franny's set should be nice and twisted.

C u there folks :smasha: :drink: :spliff: :dance: :bong: :trip: :m: :crazy: :rainbow: :flash: :samurai: :evil:

Kaneda

Gun-Slinger wrote :
This is the best lineup ive seen At the Leagues club. Im getting sick of going there though , its becoming more and more popular everytime ( mostly westender's of all shades of seediness) who have no clue what there listening too , they are there for the BASS!! U attempt to strike a conversation with someone there about the music and They dont even have a clue what ur saying . Example = Some one politely asks me if i have a joint, i say no ( im lying :rasta: ) I ask " How long u been into psy ?" the response generally always is " Whats that ? "

IM Tired of THAT ANSWER. It only happens at that venue because all of westend knows its on , they dont know whats being played they just know they can take pills and dance to it and that ruins it for the psyfreaks out there who have to put up with sweaty shirtless Bevans holding beer cans and looking like there gonna puke !! :vomitonyou:

!!! OUTDOORS !!! MORE OF THEM WITH BETTER LINEUPS IS WHATS NEEDED IN QLD !!!

All that shit aside , The tunz at this gig will be stompin... I love legoheads promo , cyansese's album is lovely and Franny's set should be nice and twisted.

C u there folks :smasha: :drink: :spliff: :dance: :bong: :trip: :m: :crazy: :rainbow: :flash: :samurai: :evil:

First of all, I've been a part of several gigs there, and I don't remember seeing many shirtless bogans at all...

Do you actually believe that some one actually needs to know what 'psy' is to have a good time? Cause thats what it's about right... Unless I'm misguided or something... :)

Everytime somone tries to put on an outdoor, they lose half thier budget...

There isn't really a population to support outdoor gigs with nice production in Brisbane...

Sorry to burst out - it's just a little frustrating sometimes...

:D

There is a new venue in West End coming up in March, I hope you can make it...

Marsoups

So people should only be welcome to psy parties if they know what "psy" is ?

Doesn't sound like a very friendly bunch of people if u ask me :) ;) :)

Dazrae

If i remember rightly "west psyde" was run with 2 floors, one psy the other *insert genre here as I dont know* - regardless it was to A) give people who enjoy *said genre* a chance to enjoy their style at a big event and B) to also let those people try something new

Oh yea - that *said genre* floor was empty 99.99% of the time even though it was aircond, comfortable etc.. Kinda says how addivtive trance and psytrance in particular it :lol:

--Daz

PS should MAYBE have a nice centrepiece for your dancefloor dan!! MAYBE (fingers crossed)

volt

psy - what??? :shock:

Sezzy

Psy?!?!?
Isnt that the name of my cat? :-p

volt

thats where id heard that word befor - geeze ya cat must be popular - all over the world.... look how many forums and websites alone it's got dedicated to it :lol:

Kaneda

*cues Sam I Am questioning what the cat is..* :P

Dazrae

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gun-Slinger

Ok , u guys have all misconstrued my point. What i was trying to highlight was the fact , that unlike all the other Psy parties and there respective venues in brizzy, THIS venue and all the parties held there Attract some SHADY FUGGIN PEOPLES , WESTENDERS !!! Westenders all know eachother and they Always come to this venues doofs .... it sucks.

"Do you actually believe that some one actually needs to know what 'psy' is to have a good time? Cause thats what it's about right... Unless I'm misguided or something..." - No i dont , not saying that at all. U dont need to know what it is to enjoy it. My point was that some of the spectrums of peoples who show up and have no knowledge of what there listening to Can Ruin it for others who do.

"First of all, I've been a part of several gigs there, and I don't remember seeing many shirtless bogans at all" - I do , especially at the cancelled Outdoor that turned into a warehouse party. CLASSIC EXAMPLE of what im talking bout!

Kaneda

Gun-Slinger wrote :
Ok , u guys have all misconstrued my point. What i was trying to highlight was the fact , that unlike all the other Psy parties and there respective venues in brizzy, THIS venue and all the parties held there Attract some SHADY FUGGIN PEOPLES , WESTENDERS !!! Westenders all know eachother and they Always come to this venues doofs .... it sucks.

"Do you actually believe that some one actually needs to know what 'psy' is to have a good time? Cause thats what it's about right... Unless I'm misguided or something..." - No i dont , not saying that at all. U dont need to know what it is to enjoy it. My point was that some of the spectrums of peoples who show up and have no knowledge of what there listening to Can Ruin it for others who do.

"First of all, I've been a part of several gigs there, and I don't remember seeing many shirtless bogans at all" - I do , especially at the cancelled Outdoor that turned into a warehouse party. CLASSIC EXAMPLE of what im talking bout!

That warehouse party wasn't a trance party for starters... It seemed the only people who wanted to bear the heat were guys, and it was unbearably hot. Beside that - it wasn't at Souths, which I was talking about.

I'm not even going to question why you generalise people who live in West End to be dodgey...

Just a note - if you don't expect certain things, you won't be dissapointed when you don't get them...
54 posts Page 1 of 3