Solar Sound System debut

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
psyllium

Well, what can I say ... a great time was had, things seemed to go so smoothly - we managed to get away without intervention for quite a while... even after which a simple doof relocation enabled us to continue on in sonic pleasure.

The energy providing rig is quite impressive ... I'm sure Owen could describe to you the performance of the unit, but from what I heard it held up quite well! Will be even better once the solar panels get added :D

Was great to hear a good variety of music over the night and day... congrats to those who played... also thanks to those who turned up, danced, and made the event as cool as it was...

Of course big thanks go to Owen + Brett (and others I assume!) for supplying and configuring the setup!

Good things in store! :D

tripindoofa

what time did you guys get out of there? found the place at about 3 30 monday arvo and the cupboard was bare.

rolly

It would have nice if you guys advertised it here during the week. Was looking for an outdoorer to go to this weekend. :cry: Plus a solar system would have been fab to check out. Make sure you mention next time it is going to be used.

psyllium

tripindoofa wrote :
what time did you guys get out of there? found the place at about 3 30 monday arvo and the cupboard was bare.

I think we left at around midday... but at the next site we kept going till around 6 or 7pm... sorry you missed it!

Pi

Thanx for all your hard work Guys, looking forward to future doofing to solar power. Sorry I had to wuss out so early, but had too much stuff to do on monday!
How trippy was the arrival of drunken fishermen!!? The look on their faces was priceless.

newcs

Yeah......the fishermen showing up was my favourite part of the night. Three guys really carving up the dance floor saying "this is fuckin' unreal".

Thanks to all the guys that played (Abuse, Dica, Crunchy Nut, Transvestibule, Dukey, Psynide & Dageiver) and helped bring this last minute event together.....really enjoyed the solid music particularly with the casual DJ tagteam rotation approach which gave a constant variety of sound.

The frustrated authority figures that showed up mid morning were kind of reasonable considering the circumstances, but prompted relocation for another smaller party on the harbour.

After more than 22 hours of solid run-time the power pack came home with more than half capacity remaining which shows promise for a multiday event....particularly with the solar array attached.

Should be able to give more notice for it's next outing.....

Sutho

briandubb

sounded like a good mission. next time if you feel like it spread the word so the lesser mortals amongst us can contribute some more energy and whatever else may be needed.

niium

rolly wrote :
It would have nice if you guys advertised it here during the week. Was looking for an outdoorer to go to this weekend. :cry: Plus a solar system would have been fab to check out. Make sure you mention next time it is going to be used.

Yeah, sorry. It was quite a spontaneous event - we only decided to do it on Friday coz we got one sub on Thursday and the second on Saturday evening!

As a test run the prodeedings went fantastically (apart from the future viability of that lush spot!). I was thoroughly impressed with the performance of the sound system which delivered much amusement as I reminded myself that it was only supposed to be rated as 2.7k. HA! It really threw the whole linear sound system kilowatts comparison thing out the window for me. At times it sounded to me like what I would expect from 4 or 6 or even 8k at some points. One thing is for sure, KV2 certainly have their shit sorted!

The power system really exceeded our expectations - we were calculating about 14 hours at full volume. As Brett said, it ran for ~22 hours and looks like the battery bank is still is only half drained (I have heard of the highly mysterious efficiencies of battery and inverter power systems running sound systems before and it is all true!)

The site was so nice but unfortunately fell to the same problems as other lakeside doof events - water carries sound like nothing else. Civilisation seemed pretty close (friends had got away with sound for 3 days here over new years), and by the time the cops arrived after looking all night for us on the other side of the lake, it became apparent that a lot of people had been pissed off by our racket!

Music was great. Benny, Yobi and Nick rotated casually every so many tracks and whipped out many goods. Chris played really proficiently - surprising aptitude after mixing only since January - good track selection and smooth transitions. He's ready to put on guys! Hannah's fucked up track input was also appreciated...briefly.

Expect this system to be emitting frequencies frequently.

I'll chuck up some photos later tonight...

DarkFaction

SOLAR SOUND- FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good to see such pleasing results from your test, and look forward to hearing it..... Easter sucks...... I could of been doofing....

Next time eh???

Go hard guys!!!!

dageiver

Many thanks to you guys for pulling this one together. A great time was had by all. Big thanks to Owen and Brett and everyone else that helped to make this happen.

Cyberwlf

Wish i could been there for this one. Sounds like it was much fun!

rolly

newcs wrote :
After more than 22 hours of solid run-time the power pack came home with more than half capacity remaining which shows promise for a multiday event....particularly with the solar array attached.

Should be able to give more notice for it's next outing.....

Sutho

Yes please do! I would love to check this out. :D
secret weapon

So glad to hear it all worked out with your solar sound set up, way cool guys!

sci0n

Good shit guys!!!
Solar systems are the future of doof.......... good to see some direction and inititive.....
14 posts Page 1 of 1